GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Denis Golsov: “I will come back to the ring in autumn” Empty Denis Golsov: “I will come back to the ring in autumn”

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm
Young Russian heavyweight tells about the mistakes he made in M-1 Selection semifinal and promises to come back to the ring very soon

- Hi Denis, how are you? What are you doing now, when you are not preparing for the fight?

- Hi, I’m fine. My last fight was on M-1 tournament in June, I fought there in M-1 Selection semifinal – unfortunately, the result was different than I expected. Now I’m taking a rest a little bit, working on my strength and conditioning. I have the plans to come back to intensive training again in September, so it’s all about normal training routine now, nothing new

- Could you analyze your previous fight with Akhmed Sultanov? What were you doing wrong in this fight?

- Let’s say so: I was going to fight for the first round, maybe round and a half, in stand-up. No takedowns, no work on the ground, just stand-up fight, looking for the holes in opponent’s defense. Then, in the third round, I was going to start grappling, doing the things that I want. But I made a mistake instead, I let him take me down, then he caught my leg and made me tap out. I know where I made mistakes and what weaknesses do I have, so I’m going to work on them

- How many times a week do you train now?

– My old injuries don’t bother me at the moment, I’m just going to completely recover and be 100% healthy. I train five times a week, every evening. Now I let myself recover both physically and mentally after my last fight, so I’m not working for 110% everyday, my trainings are a little bit lighter now than they are before the fights

- I know that your coach Alexander Korshunov was in US when Arthur Guseinov was fighting on M-1 Challenge tournament in California. Did he bring something new from US to your trainings?

– Yes, of course. He took a notice that American fighters work a lot on their conditioning, they use crossfit trainings a lot. There are some new and interesting moves that he saw there, we are very satisfied with the results of this new approach to conditioning trainings. Alexander is a very good coach, he is always ready to learn something new and try it with us

- What plans do you have for the future?

– I was going to start serious training only in September, so maybe I will fight in November. There will be combat sambo World cup in September, I will fight there and see if I’m injury-free and ready for the big fights. Then I’m going to train with the national combat sambo team before combat sambo world championship that will take place in Minsk, Belarus. My friend will represent Russia there, I will go there to support him, I will help him to prepare for the championship and he will help me

- How could you describe ideal MMA fighter?

– There will never be an ideal fighter, everyone has his weaknesses

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/08/11/denis-golsov-i-will-come-back-to-the-ring-in-autumn/
KSW
KSW

Denis Golsov: “I will come back to the ring in autumn” Empty Re: Denis Golsov: “I will come back to the ring in autumn”

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 am
Weird that they spell his name Golsov. I thought it was Goltsov. His backfist KO in League S-70 was nice.
ZuffaKiller

Denis Golsov: “I will come back to the ring in autumn” Empty Re: Denis Golsov: “I will come back to the ring in autumn”

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:50 pm
yeah it definitely was
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum