GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Nogueira goes thorugh surgery and returns in June Empty Nogueira goes thorugh surgery and returns in June

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:10 am
The last diagnostic given by John Itamura, a doctor pointed out by Ultimate, who evaluated the injury suffered by Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira when fighting Frank Mir, as he was submitted by a kimura and didn’t tap out – what resulted in a humerus break -, was that the heavyweight fighter wouldn’t ha veto go thought surgery. But it seems like the plans have changed. Rodrigo was operated last Friday (16th) at Vail, Colorado, and the surgery was a success. The doctors say he might return to the trains in June. Rodrigo went to Vail and went through new tests, which pointed out the need of the surgery. His biceps wasn’t touched during the process. The “entrance” was made on the triceps, what means he won’t lose strength on this very arm.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/12/17/Nogueira-goes-thorugh-surgery-and-returns-in-June
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Nogueira goes thorugh surgery and returns in June Empty Re: Nogueira goes thorugh surgery and returns in June

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 am
I just want to see Big Nog back in there as soon as possible. I love watching the guy fight. He has sustained more torture than a torture victim throughout his life.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Nogueira goes thorugh surgery and returns in June Empty Re: Nogueira goes thorugh surgery and returns in June

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 pm
Maybe that internet doctor was right, and he did need surgery for the nerve. I've been pitching optimism, but it is clearly a serious injury (has always been clear). I've been trying to hold back overreaction. Let us all hope for a full recovery, and that things go well for him. He seems to have come back well from double hip surgery. Not that it is necessarily related, other than perhaps he has a talent for taking care of himself following a serious medical procedure. Here is to you Nog (*takes a sip of wine).
brace
brace

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:31 pm
Dagwood was right.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:46 pm
brace wrote:Dagwood was right.

Basically my philosophy was that people see an ugly looking break, and want to shout the worst about it.

My point has been that bone heals, but it was a serious injury.

I didn't want people to overract, and I was personally hoping for the very best.

I also raised the example of Mizuto Hirota as an instance where a very similar injury had a very bad result. I was hopeful that Nog. was okay, and there did seem to be cause for optimism based on the initial reports. Indeed, it wasn't just trying to hold back overreaction, also, I really hope Nog. is okay myself. Of course, I really hope for the best. I always respected Dagwood's take as well, but I guess I was really toeing the line of optimism.
brace
brace

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:30 pm
Yeah it looked very clean. I also thought they wouldn't need surgery. I think most of the time you don't need surgery for a broken bone.
ZuffaKiller

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:11 pm
lets hope he recovers from this injury and comes back stronger.
When his arm is strong enough and healed properly I think Rodrigo should add a little bit more muscle.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:23 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
I always respected Dagwood's take as well, but I guess I was really toeing the line of optimism.

What!... me not optimistic??? Smile

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:25 pm

I get tired of knowing that all the time.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum