GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox... Empty zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox...

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 pm
that open the door for bellator to go to spike on 2013.....and here is some info from my friend frontrowbrian....

FrontRowBrian ‏@FrontRowBrian
Other good thing about spike was if UFC wanted to cut a network or premium cable deal, they were allowed to. With fox, it's exclusive.

Fox sports 1 also will have 40 MLB games a year and a sports center type show. UFC way down priority list.

UFC will be moving to fox sports 1 which is speed TV. So they traded 100 homes on spike for 82 million+have 2 compete w/NASCAR+college fb

Mainstream is wrong goal. There's nothing mainstream abt 2 half naked guys locked in a cage trying 2 hurt other 4 amusement of drunken crowd

Something to be said about being big fish small pond. Spike was essentially the UFC channel. Now UFC just a little side project for fox

http://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian
MR.WILLIE

zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox... Empty Re: zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox...

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm
people dont know but we well see a huge grouth on bellator from next year on.....babalu, king mo, minakov, all the russian guys, they have made some mistakes like not re-signing tyson nam, but thats part of the bussiness, they need to re-sign eddie alvarez and not let him walk like they did with lombard....but spike tv will be huge for them...
Wolfman
Wolfman

zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox... Empty Re: zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox...

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm
I wonder where in the hell he gets all this, but i hope this one is true. Twisted Evil

Also, about Eddie, i agree, he should reconsider it and come back.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:05 pm
Wolfman wrote:I wonder where in the hell he gets all this, but i hope this one is true. Twisted Evil

Also, about Eddie, i agree, he should reconsider it and come back.

bro i dont know but this guy has called the 3 zuffa cancellations weeks before their announcements, he

said that showtime offer to save the card, by zuffa doing cormier vs werdum and jacare vs larkin and that

zuffa refused....so personally i dont know who he is but he is very accurate with his info...
KSW
KSW

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:13 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:people dont know but we well see a huge grouth on bellator from next year on.....babalu, king mo, minakov, all the russian guys, they have made some mistakes like not re-signing tyson nam, but thats part of the bussiness, they need to re-sign eddie alvarez and not let him walk like they did with lombard....but spike tv will be huge for them...
Bellator has the potential to become #1 in NA. They have Viacom, Spike and a growing list of world class fighters, all Bellator needs now is the support from the casual mma fans.

That´s where the Global-MMA hype machine steps in.

zuffa wont admit it but it was a mistake to leave spike tv for fox... 4068340991
Sonatine
Sonatine

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm
In zoofa's eyes, FOX is the door into mainstream acceptance. In FOX's eyes, zoofa is the bastard of the litter.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 pm
I only watch fox for Family guy....giggity goo..
wekka
wekka

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 pm
I guess the move to FOX made sense, since the channel is widely available but in my opinion, I think the growth of MMA (as long as UFC is the torch bearer of NA, at least) has plateaued. FOX still gets gain from it as it probably reaches demographics they sorely needed by the UFC really isn't gaining anything new from the move.
KSW
KSW

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 am
Sonatine wrote:In zoofa's eyes, FOX is the door into mainstream acceptance. In FOX's eyes, zoofa is the bastard of the litter.
Laughing
monaroCountry

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 am
Zuffa doesnt need to admit to anything, its written clearly in their decrease in viewership.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum