GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Marat Gafurov: Without self-confidence it does not come out to the ring Empty Marat Gafurov: Without self-confidence it does not come out to the ring

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:20 pm
We present you an interview with the applicant for the first championship belt M-1 Challenge in the weight category up to 65.8 kg - Marat Gafurov given them mixfight.ru site in anticipation of its fight against Vugar Bakhshiyeva in the tournament M-1 Challenge 35 fifteen years MMA which will be held November 15 at the Sports Palace Ice in St. Petersburg.

- Marat, let us remember, as you go for the upcoming battle for the championship belt?

- I won three fights in a row. The first was a victory over Sheikh Mohammed Arapkhanov at M-1 Challenge 29 in November last year in Ufa by unanimous decision. Then, on March 16 of this year in the tournament M-1 Challenge 31 in St. Petersburg, I won a choke in the second round at the Czech David Kozma, and on June 21 in St. Petersburg split decision I won Mairbek Taysumov, representing Austria, and was entitled to title fight. However, at the same tournament my teammate Musa Hamanaev won championship fight from Daniel Vayhelya and the club offered me to go to a lighter weight class, with which I agree.

- How well do you know with his rival?

- I've seen fights Vugar Bakhshiyeva, made their conclusions. It can work well in the front and on the ground, but he has and weaknesses. I, in no way, do not want to say that he is a weak fighter, but I think I can beat him in all the components. Although, of course, realize that never, in any case, one should not underestimate the opponent. He always has an unpleasant surprise. In any case, on the ground, I think I am stronger.

- Given the familiarity with an opponent, what you emphasize in your preparation for this fight?

- Now, I am actively working on hitting technique, what helps me, Magomed Magomedov, who won the recent Moscow Russian championship in MMA, I have to fight a lot of sparring partners specializing in grappling.

- Who trains you?

- Now I do not have a specific trainer, go to a different club, hall, itself make plans of their training. I currently live and train most of the time in Makhachkala and Khasavyurt. In Khasavyurt very good conditions for training in Makhachkala - large and sparring partners.

- What is your training regime is whether it will change immediately before the fight on November 15?

- While I train twice a day, as usual. In the coming days, I will participate in the championship of Russia on grappling in Moscow. Then start a targeted training for a fight on November 15.

- Quite often men, to his regret and disappointment of fans, forced to give up the fight due to the received training or sparring injuries. Is it possible, if not eliminate, at least minimize the risk? And combined with the upcoming fight your participation in the championship of Russia on grappling? Less than a month before the fight?

- Injuries no one ever insured. In training, try to responsible fighting sparred in the "gentle" mode, and grappling - not so traumatic combat.

- Do you have a weight problem?

- Now my weight is 75-74 kg. To compete in grappling speaking in the category up to 77 kg. After the start of the Russian Championship reduce weight.

- You had so badly to lose weight before a competition? There are tried and tested techniques, practices?

- Chase had weight, but not much. Methods exist, I know them, is to test them in practice. I had to drive up to 68 pounds of weight, I think I can enter in the category of up to 65.8 kg.

- In the event of a victory in the fight for the championship belt M-1 Challenge, before you open any prospects? You received the proposals for new battles, maybe in other organizations

- Offers always do. I have a contract with M-1 Global, and I am satisfied with its terms. Need to win now, and only then think about the new battles. I would like to fight the best fighters.

- What is the average fighting in tournaments M-1 you spend each year? Do you believe that this is sufficient for an active fighter?

- It would be sufficient if the relevant fees for the victory. Meanwhile, if there is no special interest sponsors, the fees from the fighting there difficult. Each of us tries to get out somehow, to look for additional earnings, to participate in various business events. According to M-1 battle spend 03.04 per year, which, of course, few, if to speak at a professional level.

- What tournaments than MMA. you speak up?

- I stand on grappling, earlier participated in tournaments in jiu-jitsu, fighting, combat sambo, pankration ... If invited to the tournament - why not speak?

- You have five-round title fight. Previously, you had to spend so long fights, as you consider this in your training?

- While in the M-1 fights over three rounds, I was not. Now I am more focus on functional training, working on the development of endurance. Although, frankly, I hope to finish the fight early.

- For the upcoming battle you prepare some "homework", the surprises that can wait for an opponent?

- Something special, I do not cook, though there is a combination of which I will not go so far to tell. Everything will depend on the actions of the opponent, the opportunities it will give me and how I'll be able to use them. I feel more confident on the ground, but, again, it depends on what the opponent will offer. Without the certainty of victory should not go into the ring.

- How many fights have you spent in the M-1, and some of them more memorable.

- Spent six fights, all won. The hardest part was probably the fight with Mairbek Taysumov. I was not well prepared for it and could not finish early. Remember and fight with Sheikh Mohammed-Arapkhanov - because it was the first MMA. I had not been fighting, and wanted to fight. Therefore agreed to act in a heavy weight up to 77 kg.

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2012/10/28/Marat_Gafurov_Bez_uverennosti_v_sebe_ne_vykhodyat_na_ring/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum