GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Oscar De La Hoya hinting again at possible boxing comeback... Empty Oscar De La Hoya hinting again at possible boxing comeback...

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:13 pm
Last night on Twitter, Oscar De La Hoya once again hinted that he's considering a boxing comeback, not long after saying he'd given up that thought:

I'm really confident I can do some damage to any 54 pounder in the world, except "Saul Canelo Alvarez".

Personally, I believe that De La Hoya (39-6, 30 KO) should stay retired. He's 38 years old, he doesn't need the money, he hasn't fought in four years and looked awful last time he did, and he hasn't really been a full-time fighter since 2004. That's a long time.

But I think it's pretty obvious he's got the itch, just like Ricky Hatton had. And I think Hatton's own comeback might be inspiring De La Hoya. Oscar is by all accounts still in good shape, and while he's put on some retirement weight -- as I feel all retired boxers should -- he's never been grossly out of shape or anything.

Could a comeback work for him? I don't know. I don't know what he has to gain beyond personal stuff, and I don't know how much that personal stuff would mean to him, because I'm not him. I guess what I can say is that if he does do it, good luck to him. I'll watch, obviously. And I don't think it's crazy to think he could get in shape, come back, and beat some top 154-pound guys.

Also, this could also just be a way for him to hype Canelo some more. And I don't know why Canelo's entire name was in quotes, but that's the magic of Oscar's Twitter.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/10/29/3571928/oscar-de-la-hoya-comeback-return-2012-boxing-news
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum