GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Bozo Needles: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever Empty Bozo Needles: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 pm
There’s not much UFC President Bozo needles will concede when talking about former Pride heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko. needles pursued the Russian to try and sign him to fight inside the UFC Octagon. It’s also no secret that Emelianenko retired without ever fighting for the UFC, and the questions about the former champion are sometimes a thorn in the side of White who hasn’t missed out on too many pursuits in his time as the UFC’s head honcho.

Over the years, Needles has been critical of Emelianenko’s regard as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.

Now that Emelianenko has walked away from competition, White can look back at his career with a little more honest reflection, and he gives him his due when it comes to the heavyweight division.

“Do I think that Fedor is one of the greatest heavyweights ever? Yes, he’s one of the greatest heavyweights ever. I’ll give you that,” needles stated on Tuesday.

Bending isn’t breaking however, and while White will give Emelianenko his due in the heavyweight division, he’s not ready to place his name among the all time greats to ever compete in the sport.

needles looks at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva as the greatest fighter who has ever stepped foot into the MMA arena, and while he didn’t name any other names, he doesn’t believe Fedor Emelianenko is among them.

“Is he one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time? You’re out of your minds,” said needles.

Emelianenko retired from MMA earlier this year and finished his career with an impressive 34-4-1 record overall.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-fedor-emelianenko-one-of-the-greatest-heavyweights-ever
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Bozo Needles: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever Empty Re: Bozo Needles: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm
Fedor is the GOAT and that is not because that jack ass says so.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Bozo Needles: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever Empty Re: Bozo Needles: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 pm
I read this as i'd read what the president of Coca Cola has to say about Pepsi. Don't care and don't take it seriously.

His own champions that are actually fighters disagree with him too. Anyway there's not much to comment here.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:44 pm
so wtf now that fedor is retired and in america his legacy ruined by this clown, fook this guy. He single handidly ruined Fedors rep, he's made Wand, Nog, and even crocop seem like they were never top guys to this day he still shits on PRIDE because he knows his brand of mma will never be loved by fans only "liked" by zombies. He talks about mma being a legit sport in america like the nfl, give me a break mma is a fooking fad here just like his zombies claim it was in Japan . PRIDE was mainstream in Japan/asia open up the tokyo news paper and boom front of the sports page results from the event the night before news station around the country showed highlights and results . Not the case for zuffa mma.
sorry for the rant guys.

He can go to hell.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:so wtf now that fedor is retired and in america his legacy ruined by this clown, fook this guy. He single handidly ruined Fedors rep, he's made Wand, Nog, and even crocop seem like they were never top guys to this day he still shits on PRIDE because he knows his brand of mma will never be loved by fans only "liked" by zombies. He talks about mma being a legit sport in america like the nfl, give me a break mma is a fooking fad here just like his zombies claim it was in Japan . PRIDE was mainstream in Japan/asia open up the tokyo news paper and boom front of the sports page results from the event the night before news station around the country showed highlights and results . Not the case for zuffa mma.
sorry for the rant guys.

He can go to hell.

Not just that, you don't get much more mainstream than prime time on New Years Eve. NYE and New Years Day are probably the biggest TV days of the year. And keep in mind, most Japanese don't have 120 channel cable and satellite plans. Most households get less than 10 channels.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 am
“Is he one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time? You’re out of your minds,” said needles.
Dana is the cancer of mma and I hope he and his promotion fails completely. I will never support promotors like Dana and Don King.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 am
Lofgren wrote:
Dana is the cancer of mma and I hope he and his promotion fails completely. I will never support promotors like Dana and Don King.

I have a hard time supporting any promoter. But they are a necessary evil. However, they aren't all created equal, and White and King are probably the worst examples of their respective sports.

Guys like Rebny and Coker, and Finkelstein bring a modicum of class though. A few others two.
monaroCountry

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 am
Bozo just practicing sucking up to the GOAT Fedor, president of Russian MMA union, and the driving force behind the revolution of MMA today.

Once Fedor's ultimate plan of making MMA a legit sport, scums like Dana wont have anyone to turn to. His boyfriends the Fertitta sisters is running out of money already and losing truckloads because of their shady practices.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 am
nodogoshi wrote:
Lofgren wrote:

I have a hard time supporting any promoter. But they are a necessary evil. However, they aren't all created equal, and White and King are probably the worst examples of their respective sports.

Guys like Rebny and Coker, and Finkelstein bring a modicum of class though. A few others two.
I agree about promoters in general but I´m a proud supporter of Vadim. He´s a class act and wants to grow the sport and not just his company. Promoters like Dana should be chased out of mma by all sane people.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 am
If Fedor isn´t anywhere close to being one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time I would like to see Danas top 10 list. I bet Brock is top 5.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am
Lofgren wrote:If Fedor isn´t anywhere close to being one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time I would like to see Danas top 10 list. I bet Brock is top 5.
Fedor is the no 1 of all time.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Lofgren wrote:If Fedor isn´t anywhere close to being one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time I would like to see Danas top 10 list. I bet Brock is top 5.
No doubt, but not even close according to Dana. How in hell can fans support Dana and his promotion. It´s a mystery to me.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am
Lofgren wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
No doubt, but not even close according to Dana. How in hell can fans support Dana and his promotion. It´s a mystery to me.
I gave up trying to figure out these fools, we here know the truth.
monaroCountry

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm
Zombies, they believe anything.

Brock is number 1 for Dana, the UFC fighter GOAT, because of his muscles. Dana doesnt want top fighters, he wants promotable super hero looking people.
Heretic
Heretic

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:26 pm
dana will use any excuse to try and shit on the legacy of the great Fedor
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum