GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

+11
TheWolfWillRise
Dagwood
marchegiano
parliamentfunk
KSW
CDF47
Wolfman
monaroCountry
Misowaman
Adax
Kinosis
15 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights Empty Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

Tue May 01, 2012 4:16 pm
Interestingly enough, the people voting picked Fedor pretty overwhelmingly in 8 out of 10 of these fights. With him being 50/50 with Velasquez and losing only to JDS.

http://vendettafighter.com/news/fedor-emelianenko-vs-the-ufcs-top-10-heavyweights/
Adax

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

Tue May 01, 2012 4:21 pm
He beats them all except for Black Fedor and the rematch with the REAL #10 in Mark Hunt.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights 550350388

Misowaman
Misowaman

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

Tue May 01, 2012 6:53 pm
I had Fedor losing to JDS, Velasquez, Cormier and Barnett.
monaroCountry

Tue May 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Misowaman wrote:I had Fedor losing to JDS, Velasquez, Cormier and Barnett.
I dont know why.

Fedor has better strikling, experince, arsenal, and speed than JDS and Velasquez. Fedor has better striking, experince, arsenal, and all round game than Cormier (submission and striking).

I do see Fedor have trouble with Barnett though, for me this would be the most dangerous fight out of all the current HW fighters.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm
I'd say maybe JDS and Barnett have a good chance against him. Anyway this is a pointless discussion IMO. It's all speculation. The only way to know is if they fight. Otherwise people that will fight trying to tell why they think that way.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue May 01, 2012 7:46 pm
^True, I posted it mostly because I was shocked so many people picked Fedor for 80% of the fights, considering how many haters are usually out there.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue May 01, 2012 7:53 pm
Kinosis wrote:^True, I posted it mostly because I was shocked so many people picked Fedor for 80% of the fights, considering how many haters are usually out there.

My intention was not to talk shit about the thread, but usually this kind of subject only causes trouble.

It was good to see they have this opinion. Specially because i still belive in him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 pm
Fedor is now favored in 9 out of the 10 fights.

Fedor destroys all.
KSW
KSW

Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 am
Fedor can still beat anyone, anytime, anywhere
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm
i'd want to see him and big nog first
marchegiano
marchegiano

Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm
I'm not as impressed by recent Fedor as y'all. This new Fedor has not shown he can take the pressure most of that list can deliver. Even if he could, in no way is Ishii's or Monson's pressuring an example. I'm not even convinced the old Fedor style wouldn't have beaten those guys. In the end, Fedor used to have an excellent chin, and always used it. Today he does not, and is no longer fighting comp that can test it.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 pm
parlimentfunk wrote:i'd want to see him and big nog first

If Fedor were to fight the UFC HWs, I would want to see Fedor vs. Werdum followed by Fedor vs. Big Foot followed by Fedor vs. Hendo followed by Fedor vs. UFC Champ followed by retirement after going 4-0 in the UFC and retiring with the belt. He went on a 10 year run so he could go 4-0 in about 15 months and then retire.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 pm
CDF47 wrote:
parlimentfunk wrote:i'd want to see him and big nog first

If Fedor were to fight the UFC HWs, I would want to see Fedor vs. Werdum followed by Fedor vs. Big Foot followed by Fedor vs. Hendo followed by Fedor vs. UFC Champ followed by retirement after going 4-0 in the UFC and retiring with the belt. He went on a 10 year run so he could go 4-0 in about 15 months and then retire.

Perfect. Yeah I really hope to see him get to avenge at least 1 of his 3 losses before he retires.
monaroCountry

Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 pm
CDF47 wrote:

I agree with you.

The problem is that those guys are happy to be able to say that they beat the GOAT, they aren’t happy giving him a rematch as per their contract. I would give the new Fedor 100% chance of beating all three to be honest. I think the wild Fedor was a weak Fedor. Now he does look more motivated, more active, and more patient with a better all round game.

I cant see the UFC allowing them to go for a rematch as well, its basically Dana/zombies trump card where they can claim that x and y UFC fighter beat Fedor.

monaroCountry

Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm
marchegiano wrote:I'm not as impressed by recent Fedor as y'all. This new Fedor has not shown he can take the pressure most of that list can deliver. Even if he could, in no way is Ishii's or Monson's pressuring an example. I'm not even convinced the old Fedor style wouldn't have beaten those guys. In the end, Fedor used to have an excellent chin, and always used it. Today he does not, and is no longer fighting comp that can test it.

Are you kidding me? Seriously are you kidding me?

What pressure can Cain and JDS seriously mount with Fedor? Cain and JDS are now predominantly strikers, they love their boxing. Fedor just so happens has improved leaps and bounds in this department. Fedor is more well rounded with his striking and able to mix up his boxing with his kicks, Fedor is also quicker and have better movement than both JDS and Cain. Fedor is training with the best strikers in the world, something that JDS and Cain do not do.

I seriously cant see Cain and JDS challenging Fedor in submission.

Ishii might not be a good example because that was easy high value money for Fedor (NYE usually is). Monson is a great challenge thogh, the guy is a tough nut to crack with a very high level BJJ skills. Monson and JDS basically won against Roy Nelson in the same fashion. But unlike JDS, Monon has also won against another proven top level fighter in Sergei. Monson is legit, and Fedor schooled him far more convincingly than Cormier or any other guy ever had. Monson was lucky to land one punch in that fight. Monson basically resorted to takedowns because Fedor shut him down so convincingly. Monson ended up battered and bruised and carried from the stage at the end of the fight. You don’t see this everyday with a tough nut like Monson.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed May 02, 2012 10:49 pm
^

As much as i'm a Fedor fan, the current Fedor has not shown much yet like Marchegiano said, but that's because he completly owned his last two fights. We need to see someone putting pressure on him for real to see how it goes. It's sad but of course someday Fedor won't be at the top anymore, but i believe he still has it, not sure how much though. Anyway, win or lose he'll always be the GOAT and my fav fighter of all.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 pm
marchegiano wrote:I'm not as impressed by recent Fedor as y'all. This new Fedor has not shown he can take the pressure most of that list can deliver. Even if he could, in no way is Ishii's or Monson's pressuring an example. I'm not even convinced the old Fedor style wouldn't have beaten those guys. In the end, Fedor used to have an excellent chin, and always used it. Today he does not, and is no longer fighting comp that can test it.

Are you saying Fedor no longer has a good chin? 1 KO loss after 35 fights? Only wabbled 1 other time on his feet in over a decade and 38 fights?

By that same measure you may want to ...

1. Get Nelson to ask Arlovski about that? (KO'd 1X)

2. Get Big Nog to ask Mir about that? (KO'd 2X)

3. Get Velasquez to ask JHS about that? (KO'd 1X)

4. Get Overeem to ask Sergei about that? (KO'd 5X)

5. Get Barnett to ask Crocop about that? (KO'd 2X)

6. Get Mir to ask Lesnar about that? (KO'd 5X)

7. Get Bigfoot to ask Cormier about that? (KO'd 2X)

8. Get Werdum to ask JDS about that? (KO'd 1X)

monaroCountry

Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 pm
Wolfman wrote:^

As much as i'm a Fedor fan, the current Fedor has not shown much yet like Marchegiano said, but that's because he completly owned his last two fights. We need to see someone putting pressure on him for real to see how it goes. It's sad but of course someday Fedor won't be at the top anymore, but i believe he still has it, not sure how much though. Anyway, win or lose he'll always be the GOAT and my fav fighter of all.

The thing is that I don’t think too many people can really put pressure on Fedor at his current and improved state.

People forget that Monson is a top fighter simply because he doesn’t fight in the UFC.

I don’t think JDS, Cain, Werdum, or Mir can outstrike Fedor.

I don’t think JDS, Cain, or Overeem can outgrapple Fedor either.

In terms of all round ability, only Barnett comes close.

If Fedor dominates x fighter then people still question him and his opponents (even though Monson is a proven fighter). If JDS dominates y fighter then for some reason he becomes the best of the best (even if Cain isn’t a very proven fighter). There is a clear double standards happening, and its always in favour of UFC fighters.
av fighter of all.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 pm
Dag, Crocop and Fujita made him wabbled in their fight too, but Fedor recovered right away. His chin was pretty good. Hendo's the only one that really made him unconscious for a moment. Even Mark Hunt got KO'd once. After so much time it is really impressive.
TheWolfWillRise

Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 pm
Fedor of 2005 would crush all of them. Iwant to see how Fedor looks against Rizzo. Then i'll decide.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 am
Wolfman wrote:Dag, Crocop and Fujita made him wabbled in their fight too, but Fedor recovered right away. His chin was pretty good. Hendo's the only one that really made him unconscious for a moment. Even Mark Hunt got KO'd once. After so much time it is really impressive.

Fujita had him really rocked and in trouble. I don't think CroCop quite did the same. Anyway, I don't know how anyone can question Fedor's chin now. He got caught with one really solid punch from a weird angle to the bottom of the chin. Kinda' a crazy clean upper cut but with more power punching down and under.

Fedor also has not received all the concussions that many above listed HW's have. Nor, has he suffered a lot of severe KO's like say Arlovski. Your chin goes from good to bad from numerous repeated concussions for the most part. It's a cumulative effect. Plenty of medical studies that prove that. You may get brain trauma once like in a car accident and be knocked unconscious very easily after that though.

In Fedor's case, he wasn't out cold and stood right back up as soon as it happened. He never went out. The shots to the back of the head kept him loopy for longer than should have been. Shits gotta be called by the rules.

Why is it different if you hit a guy in the back of the head in the middle of the fight... or whether you hit'em there during a finishing flurry??? It's not. Ref stops the fight, gives a warning then a restart. If the the guy on the end of the illegal blows can't proceed, NC. If the aggressor had been previously warned... the Jones-Hammil rule goes into effect. Anything less is bullshit.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu May 03, 2012 12:26 am
I'd sort of like to see Fedor fight say Cain Velasquez. (If politics weren't a factor and what not.)
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 am
nodogoshi wrote:I'd sort of like to see Fedor fight say Cain Velasquez. (If politics weren't a factor and what not.)

I think everyone would. That would be awesome. Unfortunately business is more important than competition in the sport.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu May 03, 2012 1:27 am
Dagwood wrote:

Are you saying Fedor no longer has a good chin? 1 KO loss after 35 fights? Only wabbled 1 other time on his feet in over a decade and 38 fights?

By that same measure you may want to ...

1. Get Nelson to ask Arlovski about that? (KO'd 1X)

2. Get Big Nog to ask Mir about that? (KO'd 2X)

3. Get Velasquez to ask JHS about that? (KO'd 1X)

4. Get Overeem to ask Sergei about that? (KO'd 5X)

5. Get Barnett to ask Crocop about that? (KO'd 2X)

6. Get Mir to ask Lesnar about that? (KO'd 5X)

7. Get Bigfoot to ask Cormier about that? (KO'd 2X)

8. Get Werdum to ask JDS about that? (KO'd 1X)

Good point, he's not really shown a lack of chin. I reckon I fell to the ol' "only as good as your last loss" kinda mindset....which of course even worse than the last fight one. Still there is no denying his handling of pressure has gone down hill, and the level of competition he's facing doesn't compare to the level of pressure he's failed against. Fedor didn't do terrible in any fight. Those Fedor's imo beat Monson and Ishii any day.

Morano- Monson is one of the absolute worst punchers in all of MMA. Even if his wrestling skills are better he'd lose a boxing match to Brock Lesnar. His feet are wrong, and it forces his trigger step to be garbage. His guard serves little purpose. Open, but no feint, knife, or chop work. He doesn't know how to throw a hook at any range. We call them swings in boxing....I dunno what MMA calls obtuse and acute hooking. Absolutely no attempt to purify his power line. I'd assume he's never even heard the term. Since his trigger step sucks, and he's no sense of power line, his straight punching is more of fistic pushing than punching. He's slow in every category, hand and foot speed, and more telegraphed than boxer's who intend to telegraph.
StillWill
StillWill

Thu May 03, 2012 1:34 am
I dont think we will ever see Fedor in the UFC
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum