GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

+11
TheWolfWillRise
Dagwood
marchegiano
parliamentfunk
KSW
CDF47
Wolfman
monaroCountry
Misowaman
Adax
Kinosis
15 posters
Go down
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights - Page 2 Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 am
marchegiano wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

Are you saying Fedor no longer has a good chin? 1 KO loss after 35 fights? Only wabbled 1 other time on his feet in over a decade and 38 fights?

By that same measure you may want to ...

1. Get Nelson to ask Arlovski about that? (KO'd 1X)

2. Get Big Nog to ask Mir about that? (KO'd 2X)

3. Get Velasquez to ask JHS about that? (KO'd 1X)

4. Get Overeem to ask Sergei about that? (KO'd 5X)

5. Get Barnett to ask Crocop about that? (KO'd 2X)

6. Get Mir to ask Lesnar about that? (KO'd 5X)

7. Get Bigfoot to ask Cormier about that? (KO'd 2X)

8. Get Werdum to ask JDS about that? (KO'd 1X)

Good point, he's not really shown a lack of chin. I reckon I fell to the ol' "only as good as your last loss" kinda mindset....which of course even worse than the last fight one. Still there is no denying his handling of pressure has gone down hill, and the level of competition he's facing doesn't compare to the level of pressure he's failed against. Fedor didn't do terrible in any fight. Those Fedor's imo beat Monson and Ishii any day.

Morano- Monson is one of the absolute worst punchers in all of MMA. Even if his wrestling skills are better he'd lose a boxing match to Brock Lesnar. His feet are wrong, and it forces his trigger step to be garbage. His guard serves little purpose. Open, but no feint, knife, or chop work. He doesn't know how to throw a hook at any range. We call them swings in boxing....I dunno what MMA calls obtuse and acute hooking. Absolutely no attempt to purify his power line. I'd assume he's never even heard the term. Since his trigger step sucks, and he's no sense of power line, his straight punching is more of fistic pushing than punching. He's slow in every category, hand and foot speed, and more telegraphed than boxer's who intend to telegraph.

Monson has pro boxing experience actually. Only 3 fights against weak opposition, but 2-0-1 with 2kos. That doesn't mean he's a good boxer or anything, but the statement that he couldn't beat Lesnar in a boxing match is pretty ridiculous.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights - Page 2 Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. The UFC’s Top 10 Heavyweights

Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 am
Fedor still has what it takes to smash any Top 10 HW in the world currently. People were quick to judge Fedor once they realized he got bored,unmotivated, and had nothing left to prove. He lost cuz of those reasons which lead to sloppy mistakes. Not because he has gotten old or that MMA has evolved.
monaroCountry

Thu May 03, 2012 5:28 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:Fedor still has what it takes to smash any Top 10 HW in the world currently. People were quick to judge Fedor once they realized he got bored,unmotivated, and had nothing left to prove. He lost cuz of those reasons which lead to sloppy mistakes. Not because he has gotten old or that MMA has evolved.

I agree. His planning and went out the window, took fights for granted. This happens when youve dominated the sport for so long.

nodogoshi wrote:
marchegiano wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

Are you saying Fedor no longer has a good chin? 1 KO loss after 35 fights? Only wabbled 1 other time on his feet in over a decade and 38 fights?

By that same measure you may want to ...

1. Get Nelson to ask Arlovski about that? (KO'd 1X)

2. Get Big Nog to ask Mir about that? (KO'd 2X)

3. Get Velasquez to ask JHS about that? (KO'd 1X)

4. Get Overeem to ask Sergei about that? (KO'd 5X)

5. Get Barnett to ask Crocop about that? (KO'd 2X)

6. Get Mir to ask Lesnar about that? (KO'd 5X)

7. Get Bigfoot to ask Cormier about that? (KO'd 2X)

8. Get Werdum to ask JDS about that? (KO'd 1X)

Good point, he's not really shown a lack of chin. I reckon I fell to the ol' "only as good as your last loss" kinda mindset....which of course even worse than the last fight one. Still there is no denying his handling of pressure has gone down hill, and the level of competition he's facing doesn't compare to the level of pressure he's failed against. Fedor didn't do terrible in any fight. Those Fedor's imo beat Monson and Ishii any day.

Morano- Monson is one of the absolute worst punchers in all of MMA. Even if his wrestling skills are better he'd lose a boxing match to Brock Lesnar. His feet are wrong, and it forces his trigger step to be garbage. His guard serves little purpose. Open, but no feint, knife, or chop work. He doesn't know how to throw a hook at any range. We call them swings in boxing....I dunno what MMA calls obtuse and acute hooking. Absolutely no attempt to purify his power line. I'd assume he's never even heard the term. Since his trigger step sucks, and he's no sense of power line, his straight punching is more of fistic pushing than punching. He's slow in every category, hand and foot speed, and more telegraphed than boxer's who intend to telegraph.

Monson has pro boxing experience actually. Only 3 fights against weak opposition, but 2-0-1 with 2kos. That doesn't mean he's a good boxer or anything, but the statement that he couldn't beat Lesnar in a boxing match is pretty ridiculous.

He would absolutely hammer Lesnar. Lesnar would be scared once he realises that Monson doesnt have a Mir glass chin and cant be bullied around. Even a Monson punch would be enough to set Brock on his starters block.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu May 03, 2012 9:13 am
^

Still, Monson is nowhere near Fedor striking level, so we did not get to see Fedor in trouble. His last two fights were against grapplers. One of the reasons i'm excited about Rizzo fight is that Pedro is a great striker with a lot of experience and they'll probably keep it standing.

Lesnar boxing would be funny. Laughing
marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 am
LoL, ok sure.....having experience changes what I said. ......That's a sweet ass criticism of his fistic skill set I gave you, and you return with "he has experience". ..... that does not in anyway even attempt to counter my point. Of course Brock's horrible that's why I named him, but guess what boys. He's better hand than Monson's garbage ass, and a shitty ass boxing record against some no bodies does not change that. his first fight was against a 1-1 who has since become a 1-1-1....wow....second fight was against a debut who has not fought since....so 0-1....what a boxer this Monson is.... and the last guy, 4-11...he went on to 4-12....big bad boxing Jeff Monson....just a little better than other dudes who never became boxers either.....and why? I dunno maybe it has something to do with all those criticisms I've already pointed out. ..........TBH, I'm surprised at y'alls tactic there. It was a shit ass tactic that'd been besides the point even if he'd faced a decent op. I specifically pointed out holes in his game, and y'all didn't even try to address that.....nor did you actually point out holes in Brock's game..........some bullshit ass record nonsense. Tell me, if I get a couple of my friends to let me beat them in the ring does that make me a better boxer than Frankie Edgar?
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 am
What do you mean our tactics? Only Monaro talked about Monson's boxing. Of course it's low level, and a 3-1 card does not mean much. Like Nodo said, it's not great but maybe he could beat Lesnar there. Laughing

Monson striking was not even close to do anything against Fedor. We need to see him facing more strikers now.
rezin
rezin

Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 am
I tried watching some Monson fights......I gave up. I don't think he would hammer anyone.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 am
marchegiano wrote:LoL, ok sure.....having experience changes what I said. ......That's a sweet ass criticism of his fistic skill set I gave you, and you return with "he has experience". ..... that does not in anyway even attempt to counter my point. Of course Brock's horrible that's why I named him, but guess what boys. He's better hand than Monson's garbage ass, and a shitty ass boxing record against some no bodies does not change that. his first fight was against a 1-1 who has since become a 1-1-1....wow....second fight was against a debut who has not fought since....so 0-1....what a boxer this Monson is.... and the last guy, 4-11...he went on to 4-12....big bad boxing Jeff Monson....just a little better than other dudes who never became boxers either.....and why? I dunno maybe it has something to do with all those criticisms I've already pointed out. ..........TBH, I'm surprised at y'alls tactic there. It was a shit ass tactic that'd been besides the point even if he'd faced a decent op. I specifically pointed out holes in his game, and y'all didn't even try to address that.....nor did you actually point out holes in Brock's game..........some bullshit ass record nonsense. Tell me, if I get a couple of my friends to let me beat them in the ring does that make me a better boxer than Frankie Edgar?

You could be right, but can you tell me what you see in Brock's standup that leads you to believe he could beat Monson in boxing?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 03, 2012 3:54 pm
Kinosis wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
parlimentfunk wrote:i'd want to see him and big nog first

If Fedor were to fight the UFC HWs, I would want to see Fedor vs. Werdum followed by Fedor vs. Big Foot followed by Fedor vs. Hendo followed by Fedor vs. UFC Champ followed by retirement after going 4-0 in the UFC and retiring with the belt. He went on a 10 year run so he could go 4-0 in about 15 months and then retire.

Perfect. Yeah I really hope to see him get to avenge at least 1 of his 3 losses before he retires.

Same here.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 03, 2012 3:56 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
If Fedor were to fight the UFC HWs, I would want to see Fedor vs. Werdum followed by Fedor vs. Big Foot followed by Fedor vs. Hendo followed by Fedor vs. UFC Champ followed by retirement after going 4-0 in the UFC and retiring with the belt. He went on a 10 year run so he could go 4-0 in about 15 months and then retire.

I agree with you.

The problem is that those guys are happy to be able to say that they beat the GOAT, they aren’t happy giving him a rematch as per their contract. I would give the new Fedor 100% chance of beating all three to be honest. I think the wild Fedor was a weak Fedor. Now he does look more motivated, more active, and more patient with a better all round game.

I cant see the UFC allowing them to go for a rematch as well, its basically Dana/zombies trump card where they can claim that x and y UFC fighter beat Fedor.

Agreed. I wish Fedor would have fought Werdum in an immediate rematch in the GP last year rather than fight Big Foot. It would have been nice to see him avenge his first loss right off the bat. I wish he could get the opportunity to avenge all his losses which he deserves.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm
I personally don't care if Fedor gets his wins back.

Ideally, I'd like to see it, but politics are a bitch. If it was as easy as simply booking the fight, then great, but it isn't.

People can keep on hating, but Fedor will never fight for Zuffa. He could, if their contracts weren't so one sided. It'll just never happen.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 pm
They probably won't let any other guys, ala Arlovski/Sylvia go to go on and fight Fedor, either.

It's bullshit, but it's all political. It isn't Fedor's fault. And it isn't M1's fault. You could say it is Zuffa's fault based on perspective, I prefer to say that Zuffa is just shit and run by scum bags. That doesn't mean that they aren't seeking to protect their perceived interests, however. I do think though that they are full of shit. For one thing, how do they expect to be taken seriously as long as Dana White is their front man? And yet, he is their front man.

That's far and away not the only complaint of course. The Fertitas' anti-labor business practices are well documented, to provide simply one more example.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu May 03, 2012 4:22 pm
The way that this relates to Fedor not fighting for Zuffa, actually has more to do with why he hasn't yet done so, such as after the buy out of Pride or after the buy out of Strikeforce. There are relevant reasons why Fedor's contracts didn't transfer over (none of us know the fine details, but most likely in short because he is worth more, and had people who negotiated fair contracts on his behalf, so as that he couldn't be sold by a promoter, i.e. Pride or the Scott Coker crew).

And I'm sure that Fedor would have fought in the UFC, if the situation wasn't so shady.

And Fedor is surely the highest paid athlete in the history of the sport. His management must be doing something right. Fanboys don't understand this, but the only reason to enter the ranks of professional fighting is to make money. That is why it is called "prize fighting".
marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm
By tactic I meant bringing up record as counter proof to my criticisms. Pay no attention to y'all as in including the whole forum....I know it's a bit ridiculous that I misuse a fake word, but often were I was raised people would use yall in reference to an individual. It was actually holistically meant for Nodo. I was a bit self righteously indignant in my response I admit, but I was honestly a bit offended. I reckon I took the mentioning wrongly. I took it as casual dismissal of my ability to recognize punch work.

As I see it. Brock's got a decent trigger step. That is he can explode in any direction off either or both feet. Also Brock's got the speed advantage. A major foot speed advantage, and a decent hand speed advantage. Monson's got chin. As I see it Brock's speed and explosiveness would carry him in a boxing match against Monson. Monson could definitely KO Brock, but he'd be doing so more because Brock weak ass chin than the deficits in Brock's game.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu May 03, 2012 5:52 pm
I'd rather Fedor didn't fight in UFC myself. I'd love to see him come in and dominate their top. Just because I've not yer been satisfied with his abilities post SF doesn't mean I don't want to believe he's capable, but at the same time I hate how they match make. Even if they thought they were giving him interesting fights they'd find a way to fuck that all up. I'd rather see him fighting as much as possible than three times a year if I'm lucky against people who don't make sense and the super hype train of ass hole's regurgitating Zuffa facts. There are great fights for him in the Zuffa org, but they tend to not allow great fights to happen....even in house.

I like how Fedor's handling it myself. Rizzo is a great opponent who can pressure him. I can't wait to see it, and anticipate seeing more fights progress in the manner this suggests... I'd also like to see some big time co promotion stuff. I know it's out there, but the smaller promotions could hold a HW tournament of champions. M-1, KSW, Pro, Bella, Dream etc.....some of them needs to get a champion...lol.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 03, 2012 10:32 pm
nodogoshi wrote:I personally don't care if Fedor gets his wins back.

Ideally, I'd like to see it, but politics are a bitch. If it was as easy as simply booking the fight, then great, but it isn't.

People can keep on hating, but Fedor will never fight for Zuffa. He could, if their contracts weren't so one sided. It'll just never happen.

I hear ya. I know, I want to see Fedor avenge his losses but I don't want him to bow down to Zuffa and get locked into them. I wish there wasn't so much politics in this sport. Ideally there would be a single sanctioning body that mandated cross-promotional super fights every one or two years for world titles with all the major promotions. I just hope one day that is the road the sport heads to. I don't mind the champions clauses to keep champs in a promotion I just wish the super fights would be mandated across promotions.
KSW
KSW

Fri May 04, 2012 12:15 am
marchegiano wrote:I'd rather Fedor didn't fight in UFC myself. I'd love to see him come in and dominate their top. Just because I've not yer been satisfied with his abilities post SF doesn't mean I don't want to believe he's capable, but at the same time I hate how they match make. Even if they thought they were giving him interesting fights they'd find a way to fuck that all up. I'd rather see him fighting as much as possible than three times a year if I'm lucky against people who don't make sense and the super hype train of ass hole's regurgitating Zuffa facts. There are great fights for him in the Zuffa org, but they tend to not allow great fights to happen....even in house.

I like how Fedor's handling it myself. Rizzo is a great opponent who can pressure him. I can't wait to see it, and anticipate seeing more fights progress in the manner this suggests... I'd also like to see some big time co promotion stuff. I know it's out there, but the smaller promotions could hold a HW tournament of champions. M-1, KSW, Pro, Bella, Dream etc.....some of them needs to get a champion...lol.
I agree with all this my man, also I want Fedors company to grow with him on board. Fedor always talks about how he wants mma to grow in Russia and M-1 is on the way to be a part of some russian mma federation.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri May 04, 2012 12:58 am
marchegiano wrote:By tactic I meant bringing up record as counter proof to my criticisms. Pay no attention to y'all as in including the whole forum....I know it's a bit ridiculous that I misuse a fake word, but often were I was raised people would use yall in reference to an individual. It was actually holistically meant for Nodo. I was a bit self righteously indignant in my response I admit, but I was honestly a bit offended. I reckon I took the mentioning wrongly. I took it as casual dismissal of my ability to recognize punch work.

As I see it. Brock's got a decent trigger step. That is he can explode in any direction off either or both feet. Also Brock's got the speed advantage. A major foot speed advantage, and a decent hand speed advantage. Monson's got chin. As I see it Brock's speed and explosiveness would carry him in a boxing match against Monson. Monson could definitely KO Brock, but he'd be doing so more because Brock weak ass chin than the deficits in Brock's game.

I knew you meant me, and I respect your analyses. I was speaking on the basis of experience, I didn't say so, but also the fact that Monson has been in with a number of Strikers and not been knocked out much in MMA as well (I think Pedro Rizzo got him once maybe). I also brought up the boxing bit as a mark of experience, which I know it is not much, if it is in fact anything at all, but it does take something to get into a boxing ring. I know that the conditions of some of those fights include borderline criminal matchmaking, so maybe it wasn't so good to bring it up, or to not at least qualify it.

Also, physicality and athleticism can be enough to win a match, and Brock Lesnar could certainly use that to his advantage. He did actually knock out couture (starting on the feet), and knock down Heath Herring with a punch.

You may be right. Maybe we should petition the WWE to make this fight a reality. lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum