GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Brock Lesnar is the HW Sokoudjou Empty Brock Lesnar is the HW Sokoudjou

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:44 am
Brock Lesnar is the HW Sokoudjou. He got a couple of name wins then never did anything else. The only difference was Lesnar had the ufc hype machine behind him with all the little zombie fans and websites like zuffadog insanely ranking him #1 for some reason I will never understand.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Brock Lesnar is the HW Sokoudjou Empty Re: Brock Lesnar is the HW Sokoudjou

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:45 am
And using dana's logic, Lesnar just got KO'd by a LHW that wasn't even that good!
ZuffaKiller

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:49 am
Don't insult Sokoudjou by comparing him to FLOP LESSER.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:30 am
ZuffaKiller wrote:Don't insult Sokoudjou by comparing him to FLOP LESSER.

This is what I was going to post.
Racic
Racic

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:31 am
i like sokoudjou. i think he just had bad luck throughout his career... that and i don't think his body is able to adapt to properly to endurance activities as well as other fighters.

i think his muscles are made up of super fast twitch fibers (more so than slow twitch) so he gasses much quicker. kinda like the same problem phil baroni has.

...just my theory. i've heard phil baroni talk about this in an interview on youtube a long time ago.

...plus soko trains with hendo - that's cool.

lesnar did his thing, i respect the fact that he came from the wwe and won 4 fights in a row and beat some good fighters. he's just not top 5 worthy at all and the hype behind him was ridiculous but smart in a business sense.

Racic
Racic

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 am
a #10 spot on the rankings would be a generous gift to lesnar, he didn't deserve anything higher than that.
KSW
KSW

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:50 am
Just because Mir beat a sick Nog Lesnar and Carwin got a top ranking when they beat Mir. ThereĀ“s someting wrong with the rankings system when one fight can change so much. There are no legit rankings, only champions in different promotions. I wish all fans could understand this and stop saying all the top ranked fighters are in the UFC.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:06 pm
^I personally like the ELO MMA rankings the best. They aren't perfect, and aren't updated all that often (I think it's 1 guy trying to keep up with all the fights, changing weight classes, etc so he gets behind) but they are the most accurate I have seen so far.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:Don't insult Sokoudjou by comparing him to FLOP LESSER.

I should have explained a little more, I only meant as far as having early success, only to then drop off. As far as skills and abilities, Sokoudjou is a much better striker and more well rounded than Lesnar ever was. Sokoudjou's really only big problem is his cardio and maybe his chin, but that also could be more cardio related.
brace
brace

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:46 pm
I think it's an insult to Sokodjou as well, but let's be honest.. Brock should not have been fighting this fight in the first place. This guy just had a major life changing fuckin surgery and looked like a fish out of water, completely unprepared and skillless and they put him against possibly the #1 HW in the world. Brock got milked for casual/WWE fan money by the UFC , who did not give a shit about either his well being or sport integrity, not unlike NY athletic commission who let Margarito fight like Eddie Goldberg pointed in his show, pure and simple..

[/end real talk]
KSW
KSW

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 pm
brace wrote:I think it's an insult to Sokodjou as well, but let's be honest.. Brock should not have been fighting this fight in the first place. This guy just had a major life changing fuckin surgery and looked like a fish out of water, completely unprepared and skillless and they put him against possibly the #1 HW in the world. Brock got milked for casual/WWE fan money by the UFC , who did not give a shit about either his well being or sport integrity, not unlike NY athletic commission who let Margarito fight like Eddie Goldberg pointed in his show, pure and simple..

[/end real talk]
They should have given Brock someone like Nelson, Schaub or Russow. This fight was only made to introduce Reem to the fans.
Doku

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:17 pm
I've always seen Brock Lesnar as the white Bob Sapp. Huge scary guy with no real talent, but very popular among the fans. The difference is that Bob Sapp actually made some accomplishments, like beating Hoost several times, and having that great fight against Nog. Brock Lesnar on the other hand was all hype, calling him the "baddest man on earth" and promoting his fight against Carwin as the biggest HW fight in history made me disgusted. It's a good thing that he's gone and I hope all his ignorant nuthugger fans will follow him.
brace
brace

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:
brace wrote:I think it's an insult to Sokodjou as well, but let's be honest.. Brock should not have been fighting this fight in the first place. This guy just had a major life changing fuckin surgery and looked like a fish out of water, completely unprepared and skillless and they put him against possibly the #1 HW in the world. Brock got milked for casual/WWE fan money by the UFC , who did not give a shit about either his well being or sport integrity, not unlike NY athletic commission who let Margarito fight like Eddie Goldberg pointed in his show, pure and simple..

[/end real talk]
They should have given Brock someone like Nelson, Schaub or Russow. This fight was only made to introduce Reem to the fans.

..and to make money off the pro-wrestler Lesnar
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum