GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

“King Mo” Breaks Silence After Upset Loss To Emanuel Newton Empty “King Mo” Breaks Silence After Upset Loss To Emanuel Newton

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 pm
Mo Lawal was hands down the favorite to win the Bellator Season 8 Light Heavyweight Tournament. Many even said he was given the easier side of the bracket because of the deal he signed with Viacom that included a wrestling gig on TNA Wrestling. After fighting the whole round with his hands down down around his waist on Thursday night, all of that came to a dramatic halt when he was knocked out cold by an Emanuel Newton spinning backfist.

Lawal didn’t speak to the media after the fight, but has now opened up about the loss.

He told FightHype:

“I have been here before and I bounced back from it, and I will do the same this time. I am going to work more on my defense with Jeff Mayweather and I’m going to go back to my roots and work with Kevin Jackson, and I think I will be just fine. Emanuel did what he had to do and he caught me.

“I didn’t even see the shot. A lot of people saying that I was fighting cocky and with my hands down, but if you watch it, when he missed with his right hand, I threw a right hand and then he came with the spinning backfist. So he kind of caught me in the act of punching, but no excuses, I’m good, and I will be back and hopefully I get to fight him again in the future. It was the first time I had been knocked out, and the good thing is I came to pretty quick. When I saw the ref standing over me, I just said, ‘Damn!’”

http://www.fighters.com/02/25/king-mo-breaks-silence-after-upset-loss-to-emanuel-newton
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

“King Mo” Breaks Silence After Upset Loss To Emanuel Newton Empty Re: “King Mo” Breaks Silence After Upset Loss To Emanuel Newton

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm
King mo got caught multiple times with his hands down. but it's ok Mo direct criticism away from yourself and simply frame it onto anyomous haters on twitter.

At least he's going back to his roots which is his wrestling. That style of boxing is awful for MMA. simply awful.
timbercutter
timbercutter

“King Mo” Breaks Silence After Upset Loss To Emanuel Newton Empty Re: “King Mo” Breaks Silence After Upset Loss To Emanuel Newton

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:11 am
typical response from King Blow....full of excuses
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 am
I wasn't expecting the fight to go like that ...Mo was just asking for it to happen.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:53 pm
Mo will be back.
wekka
wekka

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:55 pm
He really needs to stop fighting like Sweet Pea and Roy Jones Jr and start using his strikes to set up takedowns.
timbercutter
timbercutter

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 am
CDF47 wrote:Mo will be back.

the question is: where?
KSW
KSW

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:26 am
timbercutter wrote:

The next Bellator LHW tourney. Don´t you think so?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:44 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
timbercutter wrote:

The next Bellator LHW tourney. Don´t you think so?

Yup...Probably this summer. Bellator is going to have a LHW tournament in the Summer Series.
wekka
wekka

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:34 pm
Isn't it kind of.weird that Bellator didn't.announce anything in regards to their summer series as they did in prior years on their season finale?
ZuffaKiller

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:37 pm
wekka wrote:Isn't it kind of.weird that Bellator didn't.announce anything in regards to their summer series as they did in prior years on their season finale?

They did
https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t6035-bellator-plans-third-summer-series-target-heavy-light-heavy-bantam-tourneys
wekka
wekka

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:28 pm
I didn't remember them saying anything on the telecast
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum