GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Sakuraba vs Frank Shamrock who wins?

7 - 78%
2 - 22%

Total Votes: 9

Poll closed
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

What if Match. Frank shamrock vs Sakuraba who wins. Empty What if Match. Frank shamrock vs Sakuraba who wins.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm
I was thinking we could start doing polls for matches that never happened. I would like to hear your thoughts on how this fights would have played out. Got a good match that never happened? Make a new thread and we can vote. First off this fight would be if both fighters were in their Primes and at the top of their game. Lets say this fight takes place under PRIDE rules in a ring with elbows 3x5 minute rounds.

my pick:
Sakuraba wins via split decision
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

What if Match. Frank shamrock vs Sakuraba who wins. Empty Re: What if Match. Frank shamrock vs Sakuraba who wins.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 pm
i'd like to think sakuraba would find a way to win.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

What if Match. Frank shamrock vs Sakuraba who wins. Empty Re: What if Match. Frank shamrock vs Sakuraba who wins.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 pm
This would have been an awesome fight! Frank's probably the most well-rounded guy that Saku would have faced second to Lil' Nog. IMO anyway.

Shamrock was so freaking tough and athletic. His grappling was great. Something tells me that this would look like Saku's fight vs Newton. I think Frank would have wanted to beat Saku grappler vs grappler. This would have been a long match with Saku's more a technical skill on the ground winning the fight by submission or decision.

This match up is on my all time wish list for fights that never happened.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm
What a goddamn fight that would have been.

I would like to think Sakuraba would win, too.

But Frank Shamrock was one hell of a fucking fighter.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm
Damnit, I wish this fight would have been.

Smile
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:28 pm
I have to change my pick.

I love Saku more than I love life itself.

But, prime Frank Shamrock, was unbeatable. In his prime, before he broke his leg and was on the shelf for a while, he was one of the best fighters of all time.

He was so good, that he got bored with MMA.

Sakuraba was also a prodigy, so it would be a close and competitive fight.

I'm going to have to lean toward Frank, though. Even though I voted Saku in the poll.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:32 pm
Oh my god, I wish we would have seen this fight.

Saku couldn't be counted out for a minute, either.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 pm
I think I'll watch a couple of Frank Shamrock fights now, for the good memories. Smile
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 pm
This thread should be in MMA discussion. Arne Chan is everything non-MMA related.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 pm
Dagwood wrote:This would have been an awesome fight! Frank's probably the most well-rounded guy that Saku would have faced second to Lil' Nog. IMO anyway.

Shocked I meant to say Frank 'seconded' by Lil Nog in the well-rounded department.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 pm
Dagwood wrote:This thread should be in MMA discussion. Arne Chan is everything non-MMA related.
im not familiar with moving thread feel free to do so.

Anyway the more I think about it the more I remember FRank being so amazing, what gets me is why did he have such a hard time with Bas? I thought he was a better fighter overall Then Bas.

Edit: never mind twas easy topic moved.
wekka
wekka

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Dagwood wrote:This thread should be in MMA discussion. Arne Chan is everything non-MMA related.

Anyway the more I think about it the more I remember FRank being so amazing, what gets me is why did he have such a hard time with Bas? I thought he was a better fighter overall Then Bas.

Around the time of the Bas fight, I don't think Frank was nearly in his element like he was in the UFC.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

That was his first bigtime fight.

Bas was the more experienced fighter, at the time.

And, Bas is one of the best heavyweights of all time, and Bas is one hell of a fighter.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:43 am
I love Saku but I think prime Frank would have won that fight.
KSW
KSW

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 am
Great grappling showdown in this one. I can see it going to the judges and Saku wins. Frank Shamrock is highly underrated btw and should be in the UFC hall of fame.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum