GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find out about G-MMA.com?

+29
Adax
Ryou Mashiba
TeamJohnPerretti
Mikal
eXtv
mr2
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Hamilcar
PRIDE4EVER
Dickmeister
wekka
SRC
adam
Apollo Reed
Realidea
Kämpfer
Shlemenko_fan
megaronnie
The Keymaster
Slugger O'Toole
Somnio
pithikos
loyalty13
nodogoshi
KSW
Frank Hill
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Dagwood
33 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

How did you find out about G-MMA.com? Empty How did you find out about G-MMA.com?

Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm
We want to make sure we are focusing on the right things to get G-MMA.com out there and recruit new members. How did you find out about G-MMA?

Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

How did you find out about G-MMA.com? Empty Re: How did you find out about G-MMA.com?

Thu May 09, 2013 6:19 pm
Another forum.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

How did you find out about G-MMA.com? Empty Re: How did you find out about G-MMA.com?

Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 pm
Well, lets see. I read a number of MMA forums, mostly just for the lulz, and I was reading the Team Takeover forum and when I saw Johan made a new forum, and it was called AntiZUFFA top team I couldn't resist checking it out. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed although these days the lack of direction and activity mean I don't read this forum all that often.

Regarding attracting new members I don't know how many you are going to realistically get. Being Anti-ZUFFA is kind of an mma sub culture and is still very much the minority. The name may have changed but this is still very much AntiZUFFA Top Team, despite the veneer of professionalism and lack of bias you guys try to present. How did you find out about G-MMA.com? 3077217049 There are still some good topics, posters, and discussions going on but we all know that this is always going to be a fringe forum. Not that there is anything wrong with that though. I honestly think the global mma label isn't going to attract much attention so you may as well embrace your ZUFFA hating true nature (as we all know there is a lot to hate about ZUFFA anyway) and ditch any pretensions to turning this into a bigass sherdog level forum. Maybe try recruiting by creating some sherdog accounts and sending PMs with invites to some of the ZUFFA haters.
KSW
KSW

Mon May 13, 2013 5:46 pm
Frank Hill wrote:Well, lets see. I read a number of MMA forums, mostly just for the lulz, and I was reading the Team Takeover forum and when I saw Johan made a new forum, and it was called AntiZUFFA top team I couldn't resist checking it out. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed although these days the lack of direction and activity mean I don't read this forum all that often.

Regarding attracting new members I don't know how many you are going to realistically get. Being Anti-ZUFFA is kind of an mma sub culture and is still very much the minority. The name may have changed but this is still very much AntiZUFFA Top Team, despite the veneer of professionalism and lack of bias you guys try to present. How did you find out about G-MMA.com? 3077217049 There are still some good topics, posters, and discussions going on but we all know that this is always going to be a fringe forum. Not that there is anything wrong with that though. I honestly think the global mma label isn't going to attract much attention so you may as well embrace your ZUFFA hating true nature (as we all know there is a lot to hate about ZUFFA anyway) and ditch any pretensions to turning this into a bigass sherdog level forum. Maybe try recruiting by creating some sherdog accounts and sending PMs with invites to some of the ZUFFA haters.
You´re wrong man. Yes Zuffa is bad for the sport but talking about that is not the only purpose of this forum. There are better promotions out there that presents a better version of mma. We´re Global mma fans and we´re interested in M-1, KSW, ONE FC, Bellator etc.. How about you? Are you interested in KSW for an example? They are the closest thing to PRIDE right now.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Mon May 13, 2013 6:31 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
Frank Hill wrote:Well, lets see. I read a number of MMA forums, mostly just for the lulz, and I was reading the Team Takeover forum and when I saw Johan made a new forum, and it was called AntiZUFFA top team I couldn't resist checking it out. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed although these days the lack of direction and activity mean I don't read this forum all that often.

You´re wrong man. Yes Zuffa is bad for the sport but talking about that is not the only purpose of this forum. There are better promotions out there that presents a better version of mma. We´re Global mma fans and we´re interested in M-1, KSW, ONE FC, Bellator etc.. How about you? Are you interested in KSW for an example? They are the closest thing to PRIDE right now.

Yeah I enjoy KSW, and I try to keep up with Global MMA as much as possible (though it is still a pretty big time commitment Smile ). I was just giving ym take on Dag's inquiry and talking about getting more members is all. This forum is very anti-ZUFFA and let's be honest, global mma fans and ZUFFA fans are not mutually exclusive. Lot's of fans watch KSW, M-1, Bellator, One-FC etc and the UFC and I was just pointing out that a lot of potential forumites (who may well be huge global mma fans) will probably be turned off by the anti-ZUFFA overtones of this forum. That's just my take, I could be wrong. If you want to keep this forum a small and exclusive community, I can dig that as well but the way things are now I don't see this forum going mainstream or getting much bigger than the current base (again, not that there is anything wrong with that mind you). You always have my respect Johan, you have a positive, optimistic attitude that more mma fans should adopt.
KSW
KSW

Mon May 13, 2013 6:41 pm
Frank Hill wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Yeah I enjoy KSW, and I try to keep up with Global MMA as much as possible (though it is still a pretty big time commitment Smile ). I was just giving ym take on Dag's inquiry and talking about getting more members is all. This forum is very anti-ZUFFA and let's be honest, global mma fans and ZUFFA fans are not mutually exclusive. Lot's of fans watch KSW, M-1, Bellator, One-FC etc and the UFC and I was just pointing out that a lot of potential forumites (who may well be huge global mma fans) will probably be turned off by the anti-ZUFFA overtones of this forum. That's just my take, I could be wrong. If you want to keep this forum a small and exclusive community, I can dig that as well but the way things are now I don't see this forum going mainstream or getting much bigger than the current base (again, not that there is anything wrong with that mind you). You always have my respect Johan, you have a positive, optimistic attitude that more mma fans should adopt.
Zuffa has been trying to destroy M-1 and all other competition and that´s why I became anti zuffa in the first place. I want other promotions to dethrone Zuffa and that´s why we "hype" global mma here. We´re not zuffa haters, we´re true mma fans. It would be great if you could help us spread the word about M-1, KSW and the other rising promotions. We need all the help we can get and I would like to see you in the discussion on a daily basis. Talking about the past is fun but it doesn´t get us far. We need to discuss the future of the sport.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu May 16, 2013 5:16 am
PRIDE FC wrote:
Frank Hill wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Zuffa has been trying to destroy M-1 and all other competition and that´s why I became anti zuffa in the first place. I want other promotions to dethrone Zuffa and that´s why we "hype" global mma here. We´re not zuffa haters, we´re true mma fans. It would be great if you could help us spread the word about M-1, KSW and the other rising promotions. We need all the help we can get and I would like to see you in the discussion on a daily basis. Talking about the past is fun but it doesn´t get us far. We need to discuss the future of the sport.

This needs to be said. UFC-only fans or UFC-virtually fans are NOT "MMA fans". They are "UFC fans". There is just no two ways about. Those two things are different. The UFC does not have exclusivity over the sport of MMA nor all the top fighters in the world. MMA is now a worldwide sport with organizations in many countries. Some countries have a longer history of mixed fighting, NHB, than the US does. You can't be a fan of MMA and not like all MMA.... the sport of MMA.

"I really love Judo. I'm a huge diehard Judo fan. BUT, I'm not a fan of Judo tournaments outside of the USA & Brazil or with Turkish, Japanese, Russian, French, Uzbek, Khazak, Polish, & every other country of the world Judo players cause they're all hacks. The presidents of the American & Brazilian Judo federation told me that to be the best you have to fight in the AJA or BJA."

Can you imagine the NHL refusing/boycotting recruitment of too hockey players form Russia & the former-USSR even though their teams have won many world championships & Olympic gold medals. Well, the UFC has. We are fighting against this type of UFC false-legitimacy and how their propaganda has brainwashed the world including the press who never ask real questions.

We are not haters of anybody. We are 'defenders' of the entire sport of MMA everywhere. In doing that we take offense when we feel the sport, certain athletes, certain promoters, etc are being unjustly attacked & trashed buy ANYBODY. It just so happens the Zuffa machine and the Zuffa brass are the ones almost exclusively doing this. We also get pissed when fans portraying themselves as 'MMA fans' blindly repeat this bashing crap and spread the hate.

Most Global-MMA members are really resistance fighters when it comes down to it. Fighting a resistance to the UFC's attempt to maniacally control an entire sport and in the process ruin it. Not an MMA-hipster among us whatever that means.

Go to all the major sites at this point in 2013 and you'll find very very few long-term members prior to 2010 let alone 2006. Where did they all go??? Do 20-30 yr. old long-term male NFL football fans walk away form the sport. Or walk away so much that they hardly follow it anymore???. Dana, Frank, and Lorenzo are 100% responsible for this. What does this say for the long term?

In the end, G-MMA is a palce to talk freely about world MMA without being attacked for mentioning M-1, or Vadim, or Bellator cans, or KSW cans, or One FC cans... It's also a place to talk freely about the sport itself and where it's heading and what may be threatening it reaching it's full potential.

We're looking for a select few worldwide MMA fans who don't see Zuffa as a good choice for being the 'keeper of the game'.

Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Sat May 18, 2013 5:32 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
Frank Hill wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Yeah think we are true mma fans and this forum has some of the best and most passionate mma fans I have ever seen but come on, you guys are blatantly anti-ZUFFA and there is no reason not to admit it. How can you guys honestly say you aren't ZUFFA haters when so much of this forms content is trashing Dana, the Fertitta's etc. If you guys weren't ZUFFA haters you wouldn't have that massive stickied thread trying to expose the Fertitta's mob ties bounce I don't see what's so bad about being a hater when the object of hate is something worth hating. As long as no one is trashing fighters I don't see the problem honestly, and hell , you can even be a UFC fan and their fighter while hating everything the management does. . I'm just saying, if it walk like a duck quacks like a duck.... well you get the picture. Smile Anyway, you have a point, I should participate more works been keeping me busy. let's try to build a better forum .How did you find out about G-MMA.com? Genki-sudo-we-are-all-one
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 pm
I think that the term 'hater' has some connotation to it, as being based on irrationality (i.e. blind hatred). And 'hate' is sort of a strong term to begin with.

I think that saying many of the core members are opposed to Zuffa is much more congenial.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 pm
nodogoshi wrote:I think that the term 'hater' has some connotation to it, as being based on irrationality (i.e. blind hatred). And 'hate' is sort of a strong term to begin with.

I think that saying many of the core members are opposed to Zuffa is much more congenial.

Semantics aside, if it will keep the ball rolling and ensure that discussion flows smoothly, I'll stop using the terms hater in favour of opposition. It was never my intent to offend or upset anyone.
loyalty13
loyalty13

Thu May 23, 2013 4:46 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Another forum.
pithikos

Sat May 25, 2013 9:34 am
from linker, I used to visit GMMA for a while before registering to keep up with prospects and european events
Somnio

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:03 pm
Frank Hill wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:I think that the term 'hater' has some connotation to it, as being based on irrationality (i.e. blind hatred). And 'hate' is sort of a strong term to begin with.

Semantics aside, if it will keep the ball rolling and ensure that discussion flows smoothly, I'll stop using the terms hater in favour of opposition. It was never my intent to offend or upset anyone.

That is why they say: "The Truth Hurts". You have been on point about everything you have said in this thread Frank.
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:59 pm
loyalty13 wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Another forum.
Same as them, but I'm a longtime fan of MMA (and other combat sports) and I prefer a lot of things that are done more outside the US MMA scene (the ring instead of the cage, different production values, etc) and GMMA is probably my best way of keeping up with worldwide MMA.

I think recruiting people from the big forums like sherdog and the UG is a good idea, since I imagine it would be difficult for people like me to find a site like this now.
The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:52 pm
Was invited a long time ago, didn't sign up til now.
megaronnie
megaronnie

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:58 pm
Heard this is where superior lads talk real mma.
Shlemenko_fan

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:56 pm
I stumbled across it a while back and lurk every once in a while because Ive got similar opinions about the state of mma
KSW
KSW

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:00 pm
Shlemenko_fan wrote:I stumbled across it a while back and lurk every once in a while because Ive got similar opinions about the state of mma
Welcome! cheers 
Shlemenko_fan

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:52 pm
KSW wrote:
Shlemenko_fan wrote:I stumbled across it a while back and lurk every once in a while because Ive got similar opinions about the state of mma
Welcome! cheers 

Thank you How did you find out about G-MMA.com? 2060460842
Kämpfer
Kämpfer

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:22 pm
I stumbled across this forum when I did a google search for "Fertitta brothers mafia" because I was curious what the deal was with Zuffa and Unions. I signed up because this looked like a more intelligent and knowledgeable forum than what I had found before. I like that there is a concentration on MMA as a whole and not just UFC.
KSW
KSW

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:35 pm
Kämpfer wrote:I stumbled across this forum when I did a google search for "Fertitta brothers mafia" because I was curious what the deal was with Zuffa and Unions. I signed up because this looked like a more intelligent and knowledgeable forum than what I had found before. I like that there is a concentration on MMA as a whole and not just UFC.
Great to have you here cheers When it comes to Zuffa and the Union I think this video says a lot..

Kämpfer
Kämpfer

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:06 pm
Thanks! I'm glad I found this board. That video was very informative. Thank you.
KSW
KSW

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:36 pm
Kämpfer wrote:Thanks! I'm glad I found this board. That video was very informative. Thank you.
What do you think about our rankings? https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t7526-global-mma-rankings-outside-ufc-august-2013
Realidea
Realidea

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:47 pm
April fools joke on linker
Apollo Reed

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:05 pm
Another forum. Hoping to find a place to discuss more MMA. Mostly non-UFC stuff.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum