GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

jeff monson needs to retire Empty jeff monson needs to retire

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:31 pm
im a big jeff monson fan!!! but sadly he has looked horrible in his last few fights, pushing 43, this guy has nothing to prove, he better stay active fighting submission fighting but mma for him at hw, he needs to stop taking punishment! please take him out of the rankings and jeff please walk away without recieving any more damage!!!

its time to retire champ

MR.WILLIE

jeff monson needs to retire Empty Re: jeff monson needs to retire

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:44 pm
im not bashing him....

but malikov destroyed him, oleinik dominated him, ishii beat him in a horrible fight, mike hayes koed him, those things would have never happened a few years ago!!!

im one of his loyal fans thats why i dont want him to get hurt
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:59 pm
I agree. Always a Monson fan but it's time to hang em up.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 pm
Not to be a dick but when I first joined this site I said monson should have retired before even the malikov fight and you rode my ass for talking shit about a fighter.

Monson is a grappling legend but in mma he is done.

His grappling is literally his only weapon with his Sean sherk arms LOL and his setup for the takedown has disappeared.

He can't get it to the ground leaving him to be kod by the likes of 300 Hayes.

I have enjoyed watching the snowman but at this point he's getting subd and kod and trying to fight like 3 times in 3 months his body wont work in a year.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:44 pm
Sad but true. I'm a Monson fan and he should go down as one of the greatest grapplers in MMA but he can't go anymore. He's nearly 43 years old, he's been fighting for around 15 years, and has had around 70 fights.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:47 pm
^Yeah, 43 with 15 years and 70 fights....Crazy what Monson was able to do in this sport. Still pulling for him as long as he fights but man not sure how much longer he can keep fighting.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 pm
CDF47 wrote:^Yeah, 43 with 15 years and 70 fights....Crazy what Monson was able to do in this sport.  Still pulling for him as long as he fights but man not sure how much longer he can keep fighting.
Absolutely. If anything he had an underrated run. I think it's incredible that this guy would fight six times a year and still compete in grappling competitions all the while being successful in both. His opponents weren't all the best but his schedule more than made up for whatever his opponents lacked. I mean he would sometimes fight 2 to 3x more than most UFC fighters or fighters in the big leagues.

I remember him last year defeating Alexander Emelianenko in M-1 then winning the gold medal in FILA then winning a fight in ROAD FC in the span of two weeks. The Snowman is one of the more underrated fighters in MMA history. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.
Dorch
Dorch

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:55 pm
I hope Monson made enough money to hang it up and be comfortable... he has contributed a lot to MMA and deserves it . He deserves to be in a Hall of Fame for non zuffa fighters for sure
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum