GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

“I’ll fight MMA until my body says I should stop. It was the same at Jiu-Jitsu”, Empty “I’ll fight MMA until my body says I should stop. It was the same at Jiu-Jitsu”,

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:33 pm
Bibiano Fernandes conquered two Dream tournaments, on feather and bantam weights, but he still sees himself as a newcomer in the sport. “I’m still a purple belt in this MMA business”, jokes the fighter, on an exclusive interview with TATAME, revealing having denied a proposal to fight in the UFC. “I’m a pro, there are people who rely on me to put food on the table… I’m happy Dream pays me and I get more things from there. They’ve tried to take me there, but I said that’s not my dream”. Check the interview, on which Bibiano comments on his conquest on the GP, which he won with a knockout in the finale and also he talks about his future in Dream and a lot more.

What are your thoughts about your performance at the GP in Dream?

I realized I had to improve more. I won, but there’s always something you gotta work on. I’m still a purple belt in this MMA business. MMA is a completely different sport. But that’s it. I went there and earned another title, so I’m champion in two divisions now.

On the finale, you got the win by knockout, which is not your best feature…

I train a lot. To become a fighter you gotta train everything and do everything right.

What comes next?

They (Dream) always say things at the last minute, so it’s hard to make plans when you fight in Dream. The best thing to do it to keep on training. I’m waiting for the guys of Dream to tell me.

Did they tell you if your next fight is worth the bantamweight title?

Today I woke up weighting 145,5lbs. So, I’m too light to fight among the featherweights. But I can do it. I can fight in any division.

How’s your contract with Dream like?

This was the last fight of the contract. The most interesting thing was that the contract finished when I got the belt. And they already want me again. Dream’s a good event. I like fighting there. So sum up, because I know you’ll ask me about the UFC (laughs)... UFC is also good, but I got a career. I don’t know how long I will fight. I got family, bills to pay. I’m a pro, there are people who rely on me to put food on the table. I got my wife, who’s carrying another baby. Now I can fight as if it was my dream. I must be responsible. It’s business. I’m happy Dream pays me and I get more things from there. They’ve tried to take me there, but I said that’s not my dream, I told them I’m responsible for my family.

You’ve said you’re not so young. For how long do you intend to keep fighting?

Man, I don’t know. I’ll fight MMA until my body says I should stop. It was the same at Jiu-Jitsu, I didn’t even think twice. I really stopped. Life brings us new things. If i have to stop, I’ll look for something else to do. I carry on. I don’t fight to be famous, I fight because I love it. I just wanna do things right.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum