GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

gsp says lack of cooperation from ufc to clean the sport of peds is part of the reason he went on hiatus Empty gsp says lack of cooperation from ufc to clean the sport of peds is part of the reason he went on hiatus

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 pm
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/14/5308922/georges-st-pierre-ufc-ped-retirement

Glad gsp is standing up and speaking out all the trt and roids need to stop period.

I watched the 20/20 interview with the Bio genisis Guy talking about a rod and all the crap he was on.

Roidz hgh and some other stuff I can't remember.hasn't been talked about in a while but rumors were that they linked some mma fighters to biogenisis as well.

Imagine what stuff they would be injected with lol
adam
adam

gsp says lack of cooperation from ufc to clean the sport of peds is part of the reason he went on hiatus Empty Re: gsp says lack of cooperation from ufc to clean the sport of peds is part of the reason he went on hiatus

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:35 pm
Yeah I don't undersand why Dana wouldn't want extra testing unless he knows something we don't.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

gsp says lack of cooperation from ufc to clean the sport of peds is part of the reason he went on hiatus Empty Re: gsp says lack of cooperation from ufc to clean the sport of peds is part of the reason he went on hiatus

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:27 pm
Dana doesn't care if fighters roid. He only cares about failed tests because they are made public (makes UFC and Zuffa look bad) and results in a suspension (fighter suspended = can't make money off him. See: Bigfoot).
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:56 pm
im sorry but why is Vada GSP's testing of choice

and also who cares

screw gsp. cant stand him
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:04 pm
GSP now calls the UFC a monopoly :

"This is a relatively new sport. There's one organization that has a monopoly, so the fighters don't have much power. They can't really talk because if one says what he thinks, he will get punished.

"If we want the sport to be accepted worldwide, like baseball, hockey, football, soccer, I believe [drug testing] is the thing to do. I think it's just a matter of time before it happens, it's just that I tried to make it happen now. Maybe they didn't like the idea because if I did it now, it would lead to others doing it and maybe that's not something they wanted to happen.

"It disappointed me. You know that there are things I can't say. I'm holding back. I'm a public person."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/14/5309736/retired-champ-georges-st-pierre-calls-ufc-a-monopoly
adam
adam

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm
Good for GSP.

I hope he decides to be more outspoken and we could use a guy like that to help fight the good fight.

I wish he wouldn't hold back.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 am
Lorenzo has replied LOL

shit got real

Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO Lorenzo Fertitta has responded to Georges St Pierre, saying that he finds the former champion’s remarks about attitudes to performance enhancing drugs (PED) “disappointing”

Yesterday, at an event to support young athletes in Montreal, GSP cited attitudes to PED use in the sport as a reason for him turning his back on the UFC. Many have taken his comments as an attack on the way his call for enhanced testing in the run up to his contest against Johny Hendricks was handled.

Fertitta told Yahoo Sport that he would read all the comments attributed to the Canadian legend and then contact him. He also said:

“It was extremely disappointing to hear Georges make those comments because I don’t think any organization has embraced drug testing as we have. We have not only agreed to pay when the commission has said it wants to do enhanced testing, we’ve encouraged it. We have no problem with testing. When we serve as the commission [in areas out of the country where there is no commission], we test everyone on the card so we are thorough and there can be no claims of bias.

“Whatever a commission would want us to do in terms of testing, we would embrace it. We’ll do as many as they want. I think perhaps Georges’ people didn’t communicate to him in detail everything we’d do as they tried to arrange the testing for the fight with him and Johny.”

PED abuse is an issue in every sport, but MMA is under particular scrutiny. As the UFC strives for mainstream acceptance, the last thing it needs is publicity around this issue. The fact that it is a well-regarded icon of the sport making the claims is particularly damaging. Fertitta rightly points out that the UFC has fulfilled its obligations to athletic commissions and has carried out its own testing overseas (famously busting Chris Leben on two separate trips to the UK), but this does not go far enough for some.

With GSP sure to be pushed to back up his assertions and questions about an alleged culture of drug abuse now set to be a staple of press conferences, this story is going to run and run.

By Mick Bower

http://irishmma.com/lorenzo-fertitta-responds-to-gsp-drug-claims/
KSW
KSW

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:50 am
GSP > Fertittas
pithikos

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:01 am
adam wrote:Good for GSP.

I hope he decides to be more outspoken and we could use a guy like that to help fight the good fight.

I dont think he can do that. Them UFC contracts got plenty of clauses and stuff that can get you in trouble if you speak. Lots of guys have hinted that much, hell rampage admitted it that there are things he cant say because of the contract.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 am
GSP sold his soul to the zuffa devil
adam
adam

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 am
Oh fuck off, Lorenzo.

"Enhanced" athletic commission testing isn't the same thing as VADA.

VADA would be year round. Whether or not a fighter has a fight coming up or not.

If you guys embrace drug testing, then why not embrace one of the strictest forms possible in sports? UFC isn't fooling anyone.

GSP-2
UFC- 0
adam
adam

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:47 am
pithikos wrote:
adam wrote:Good for GSP.

I dont think he can do that. Them UFC contracts got plenty of clauses and stuff that can get you in trouble if you speak. Lots of guys have hinted that much, hell rampage admitted it that there are things he cant say because of the contract.
If they really sued him that would be beyond pathetic but not really above them, I guess. This is ZUFFA after all.
pithikos

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm
here is  an interesting take on this
eXtv
eXtv

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:57 pm
I love this.

Georges, the biggest draw the UFC has ever produced, is now calling them out on hampering proper drug testing and monopolizing the sport.

Keep going Georges! They can't do shit to you now.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:04 pm
He says they're a monopoly too in a new Bloodyelbow article.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 pm
Vada testing is the way to go facts are peds can be cycled out or masked its random year round testing that would solve the dopers.

Gsp is gaining much more respect from me for being as bold as he is hope he sheds more light in future interviews.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:06 pm
This is good GSP is speaking out against Zuffa calling it for what it is the man has a big reach and now Rich Franklin saying the UFC didn't pay him enough to retire on and saying Dana White is hard to work with. I sense the tide is turning brothers the MMA world is slowly but surely waking up to he destruction around them they helped make and see it and don't like it. The shills will still try to lie and the Zuffa run media will still spew propaganda but if this keeps up it could soon be over for Zuffa
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:43 pm
Zuffa is killing MMA.
Ryou Mashiba
Ryou Mashiba

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:51 pm
Ferttita looked way more professional than GSP. I just hope the mainstream media and UFC fans don't eat up this mafia garbage.
megaronnie
megaronnie

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:59 pm
Zuffa is Squirrels
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:37 am
GSP may be the best possible person to speak out about Zuffa in terms of the attention he may get and also his position in terms of credibility, and experience/access too even.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum