GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rampage vs. Spong (twitter)

+7
adam
CDF47
eXtv
RussianTopTeam
Miike
KSW
Rizin=PRIDEFC
11 posters
Go down
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Empty Rampage vs. Spong (twitter)

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:19 am
Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Twit1
Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Twit2
Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Twit3
Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Twit4

Last edited by LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Empty Re: Rampage vs. Spong (twitter)

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 am
Good matchup but Rampage should win pretty easily because of his wrestling skills.
Miike
Miike

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:15 am
Good fight if they can make it, no need to get disrespectfull though.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:26 am
Rampage should be able to win by decision
eXtv
eXtv

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 am
lol Tyrone you're a master at Kickboxing but you've fought nothing but BUMCANS in MMA, Rampage is well over the hill but would wrestlefuck Spong to death in a fight
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:06 am
I would love to see this fight. Wish Bellator and WSOF could make this shit happen.
Miike
Miike

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm
eXtv wrote:lol Tyrone you're a master at Kickboxing but you've fought nothing but BUMCANS in MMA, Rampage is well over the hill but would wrestlefuck Spong to death in a fight

Well that's because he's only had 2 MMA fights, now he's looking for a step up in competition to test himself against fighters that aren't "bumcans". And how do you know he would get wrestlefucked, have you seen Tyrone wrestle ? I'm not saying he wouldn't get wrestlefucked, he might, he might not.
adam
adam

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:53 pm
Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:15 pm
Looks to me that is a shot at Rampage's "BOSS" and an attempt to make Bellator look like a second rate show to WSOF. Like this fight ever has a chance of happening.

For some reason this seems to be happening over at the WSOF a lot lately. Hmmm... I wonder why that would be???

Rampage vs. Spong (twitter) 2266763299
eXtv
eXtv

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 am
Miike wrote:
eXtv wrote:lol Tyrone you're a master at Kickboxing but you've fought nothing but BUMCANS in MMA, Rampage is well over the hill but would wrestlefuck Spong to death in a fight

Well that's because he's only had 2 MMA fights, now he's looking for a step up in competition to test himself against fighters that aren't "bumcans". And how do you know he would get wrestlefucked, have you seen Tyrone wrestle ? I'm not saying he wouldn't get wrestlefucked, he might, he might not.

No I haven't seen him wrestle. Thus, I have no reason to believe he could stop even a half-decent MMA wrestler from smothering him to kingdom come.
adam
adam

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:33 am
I think on paper, Rampage should win but tbh I think he'd be too proud and concerned with "putting on a show" and "proving he can hang" to do that. Thus leading him to get TKO'd.

Could be wrong. I don't know how this fight would play out but that's just my gut feeling.

Page doesn't seem to be much of a wrestler anymore even though he was a better and complete fighter when he would mix it in with his attacks imo.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:39 pm
Rampage should continue cautiously! Spong is not someone you would want to fuck with. Lets be honest to when is the last time rampage used wrestling to win a fight? the hendo fight? he would let his pride get in the way and try to stand with spong.

and lets be honest Rampage current stand up style is perfect for him to get abused by Spong plodding forward little head movement and throwing haymakers. His legs would get taken out and he would get countered all day.

I could see Spong winning this fight unless Rampage uses his wrestling

Last edited by PRIDE4EVER on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miike
Miike

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:41 pm
I could see it going both ways. I would assume Tyrone has been working hard on his wrestling and he's got some good trainingspartners for that. We won't know how his wrestling or even BJJ is until we actually see him do it. I could see Rampage catch him though, Tyrone has the tendency to get caught sometimes..

However if that doesn't happen Spong is obviously on a different level Kickboxing. And if Rampage decides to stand with Tyrone for even 2 minutes before utilizing his wrestling, that could be enough to get his legs completely destroyed.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:34 pm
KSW wrote:Good matchup but Rampage should win pretty easily because of his wrestling skills.

im going to disagree....rampage is a shell of himself imo!!! 1-3 in his last 4 beating beltran...injured knees

spong trains with the blackzilians, rashad, rumble all big guys and wrestlers, imo spong ko's page if they fight
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:52 pm
The key people are overlooking is rampage is healthy able to TRAIN WRESTLING he was unable to prior.

I'm probly the biggest critic of rampage over his career for learning how to punch and forgetting how to wrestle but the latter half post hendo fight he had bunk kneese.

He is just now getting the full rigorous camps in and able to peak out.

Rampage himself stated he is focused on getting back to grappling and being a well rounded fighter.

IMO it's rampage you don't want to see right now.rampage could and would stand a lot with spong but he could and would out wrestle spong.

Yeah rampage is 1-3 but would spong beat the opponents rampage lost to?I doubt it.

Spong would probably lose to beltran he couldn't ko angel deanda who is a smaller less talented beltran.

Lets be honest spong hasn't fought anyone even bellator level yet let alone a former pride and ufc champ.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 pm
fka wrote:The key people are overlooking is rampage is healthy able to TRAIN WRESTLING he was unable to prior.

I'm probly the biggest critic of rampage over his career for learning how to punch and forgetting how to wrestle but the latter half post hendo fight he had bunk kneese.

He is just now getting the full rigorous camps in and able to peak out.

Rampage himself stated he is focused on getting back to grappling and being a well rounded fighter.

IMO it's rampage you don't want to see right now.rampage could and would stand a lot with spong but he could and would out wrestle spong.

Yeah rampage is 1-3 but would spong beat the opponents rampage lost to?I doubt it.

Spong would probably lose to beltran he couldn't ko angel deanda who is a smaller less talented beltran.

Lets be honest spong hasn't fought anyone even bellator level yet let alone a former pride and ufc champ.

spong loose to belatran. lol...bro this is the best kickboxer in the world, just like mirko did in his pride days, scramble and keep it standing, he will destroy rampage
fka
fka

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Spong gassed during the deanda fight to a smaller less skilled angel deanda(smaller version of beltran)

Had he fought beltran who is much bigger and better fighter spong would get smothered and gas.

Rampage kod beltran spong decisioned a lesser deanda.

Spong is great when you stand right in front of him and does drop his hands and gets caught.

If rampage catches you your asleep period.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:15 pm
fka wrote:Spong gassed during the deanda fight to a smaller less skilled angel deanda(smaller version of beltran)

Had he fought beltran who is much bigger and better fighter spong would get smothered and gas.

Rampage kod beltran spong decisioned a lesser deanda.

Spong is great when you stand right in front of him and does drop his hands and gets caught.

If rampage catches you your asleep period.

Mma math doesn't work! Deanda may be tougher than Beltran who knows office eras until they fight each other!
Now itellyou if spong catches you your sleep period!

If they fighting see a ko bylegkicks for spong
fka
fka

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:31 pm
Usually I would agree but deanda and beltran are literally a mirror image aside from size.

If rampage and spong fight it will not go distance but spong hasn't fought ANYONE even close to being ranked or really anyone who doesn't matchup stylistically perfect for him.

Once he beats a quality wrestler or even really kos someone of meaning he's just a high level kick boxer fighting sub par fighters.
Miike
Miike

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:06 pm
fka wrote:Usually I would agree but deanda and beltran are literally a mirror image aside from size.

If rampage and spong fight it will not go distance but spong hasn't fought ANYONE even close to being ranked or really anyone who doesn't matchup stylistically perfect for him.

Once he beats a quality wrestler or even really kos someone of meaning he's just a high level kick boxer fighting sub par fighters.

I agree that he hasn't fought great fighters in MMA, but he's only had 2 fights....now he's trying to step up in competition and fight good fighters to test himself and so people can stop saying he hasn't fought anybody..

Spong did say that he hadn't seen any Angel Deanda fights and basicly didn't know the guy. It seemed to me that it was kind of an inbetween thing and he wasn't completely focussed on the fight. Also I've been watching Tyrone's Kickboxing fights for a while now, I remember when he was moving up in weight and fought at heavyweight against some of the lesser guys, Ernesto Hoost was always instructing him to get some rounds under his belt instead of going for the knockout, so he could get used to the weight.

I might be completely wrong, but maybe he didn't see Deanda as much of a threat in terms of getting knocked out or dominated by him and maybe he saw an oppertunity to get some rounds under his belt in MMA.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum