GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion

+14
Dagwood
Adax
iforgotmypassword
Dorch
Hamilcar
adam
God of Thunder
stu3ufc
Heretic
backdoor to zuffa
fka
RussianTopTeam
CDF47
MR.WILLIE
18 posters
Go down
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:00 am
judging by fans reactions, I can no longer take mma seriously. It is now a WWE type show. Because according to hardcore fans of the "sport" the rules simply do not matter. A clear illegal strike to win a fight is fine, and In fact you will be called a whiner for even suggesting the proper rules be followed.

Apparently the rule book is fake like those WWE contracts they sign before a match and just for show to keep the government from shutting them down. Because the promoters and fans openly brag about the rules not being followed and treating a dangerous situation like nothing out of the ordinary happened. When a death does occur and MMA is wiped from the sporting landscape I wont be suprised.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 am
Fuck me!

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Ddffdf
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30 am
Dagwood wrote:Fuck me!

lol!! those are just brutal
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:35 am
UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Dan-Henderson-_medium

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 66
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 am
fka wrote:This will be a war!

IMO bad fight for hendo he just renewed to a 6 fight deal even if he wins I feel it will take a huge toll on both guys.

Honestly do you guys think Dan has 6 competitive fights left in him?

I even heard him talking about a drop to 185 l(huge mistake)

I think shogun fight is stylistically a perfect fight for hendo but how many fights out of the 6 di you see him winning?

Love Dan hope for best but he hasn't looked stellar and a war with shogun isn't gonna help his aging body.

HAHA! Perfect style matchup. Hendo got beat in every area until he cheated to win and landed one fluke punch to the nose.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 am
Obviously your still mad cuz shogun got hbombed but buddy your missing the whole undertone of that post.

I wasn't completely sure hendo would win or even do well.

What I meant stylistically perfect is he can be lured into exchanges and brawling the only way Dan wins really.

Oh and if it was a fluke right you need to learn how to count it was 2 right hands one put him on his ass one destroyed his profile for life LOL.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 am
This will probably be Hendo's last win cuz he will no longer be allowed to use TRT in the future, all good things must come to an end eventually. Congrats to Hendo.
Adax

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:01 am
Dagwood wrote:UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Shovhendo

It's blatantly obvious.

The knock down nose shot is glancing. It is not a knock you senseless shot to your brain or jaw. The second while Shogun is down is more solid doing more nose damage but Shogun is not googoo or dropping face first on the canvas. Many a nose get's busted (including my own) in fights without anyone betting KO's. Like the crumple zones on your car... the noses bones & cartilage absorb a lot of the force of a collision with a fist.

The nose shots did NOT win the fight. Shogun's head dropped down to the canvas from the back of the skull shots. The 5 shots to the back of the head (the softest spot on your skull.... just ask Pol Pot) won the fight for Henderson. Shogun was loopy from those.

Terrible refereeing to a repeat repeat repeat offender. Not good. This shit has to stop.

Herb wasn't in position to see the back of the head shots, he's a horrible ref plain and simple. He doesn't know where to be or what to look for, he makes up his job as he goes and it's pathetic and dangerous to the fighters.

Nothing is going to change though since it's UFC
 UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 3392635135
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:16 am
iforgotmypassword wrote:Shogun was out, from hammer fists to the back of the head. I dont know why anyone would support cheating, especially since back of the head shots have killed boxers before.
I agree. MMA isn´t a fight to the death and the rules must be followed. Hendo should get punished for this since it´s no the first time. Brownes elbows to the back of the head against Gonzaga were also disgusting. I can´t belive they didn´t change that result to a DQ after watching the replay.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:28 am
This isn't about Henderson at all. He's a symptom not the cause.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:33 am
Results:

Dan Henderson def. Mauricio Rua TKO (punches) - Round 3, 1:31
C.B. Dollaway def. Cezar Ferreira TKO (punches) - Round 1, 0:39
Norman Parke vs. Leonardo Santos majority draw (29-27 Santos, 28-28, 28-28) - Round 3
Fabio Maldonado def. Gian Villante unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 29-28) - Round 3
Michel Prazeres def. Mairbek Taisumov unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-25) - Round 3
Rony Jason def. Steven Siler TKO (punches) - Round 1, 1:17

Thiago "Marreta" Santos def. Ronny Markes TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 0:53
Jussier Formiga def. Scott Jorgensen submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 3:07
Kenny Robertson def. Thiago Perpetuo submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 1:45
Hans Stringer def. Francimar Barroso split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) - Round 3
Godofredo Pepey def. Noad Lahat knockout (flying knee) - Round 1, 2:39
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:41 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:
Dagwood wrote:UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Shovhendo

It's blatantly obvious.

The knock down nose shot is glancing. It is not a knock you senseless shot to your brain or jaw. The second while Shogun is down is more solid doing more nose damage but Shogun is not googoo or dropping face first on the canvas. Many a nose get's busted (including my own) in fights without anyone betting KO's. Like the crumple zones on your car... the noses bones & cartilage absorb a lot of the force of a collision with a fist.

The nose shots did NOT win the fight. Shogun's head dropped down to the canvas from the back of the skull shots. The 5 shots to the back of the head (the softest spot on your skull.... just ask Pol Pot) won the fight for Henderson. Shogun was loopy from those.

Terrible refereeing to a repeat repeat repeat offender. Not good. This shit has to stop.

Herb wasn't in position to see the back of the head shots, he's a horrible ref plain and simple. He doesn't know where to be or what to look for, he makes up his job as he goes and it's pathetic and dangerous to the fighters.

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 3392635135
Here doesn't change position when the fight move to direction & he stall of wait.Herb pretend that he hasn't seen the shot of back of head & ignore the rule likely was there at first place.
wekka
wekka

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:44 pm
Lol at the nose shot being glancing. While watching in high def, I thought Shogun got hit pretty cleanly by that shot.

I can't remember which exact angle it was, but it clearly showed Hendo's right hook connect directly underneath Shogun's nose. From that same angle, you could make the analyzation that the force of punch actually jammed his nose in the skull, resulting in the break.

Source: From experiencing the same fucking kind of punch in elementary school lol.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:09 pm
wekka wrote:Lol at the nose shot being glancing. While watching in high def, I thought Shogun got hit pretty cleanly by that shot.

I can't remember which exact angle it was, but it clearly showed Hendo's right hook connect directly underneath Shogun's nose. From that same angle, you could make the analyzation that the force of punch actually jammed his nose in the skull, resulting in the break.

Source: From experiencing the same fucking kind of punch in elementary school lol.

lol...i agree
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:02 pm
wekka wrote:Lol at the nose shot being glancing. While watching in high def, I thought Shogun got hit pretty cleanly by that shot.

Are you talking about the first quick short right hook while standing? If you are, than we have two different opinions.

I've had my nose busted twice. Once from a hockey stick and once getting getting sucker punched in a bar while on the dance floor. I never got laid out by either. On the latter, I kept fighting after eating some free shots & then pulled the guys shirt over his head and soccer kicked the guy in the head a number of times until two bouncers tackled me thinking I was the aggressor. Anyway, this is neither here nor there.

Questions:

1. Did Shogun get hit in the back of the head before the fight was ended?
2. If so... how many times?
3. If there are one or more illegal strikes (back of head, eye poke, nut shot, kick to downed opponent, 12-6 elbows) what do the Unified Rules require the ref to do?
4. If there were illegal strikes to the back of the head before the fight was stopped... did the ref step in between the fighters stopping the fight to warn the offending fighter  issuing a point deduction or a DQ?
5. If there was strikes to the back of the head of one opponent & the ref did what the rules called for, would the offending fighter be allowed to continue striking and KO his opponent?

Any argument about Henderson's 2 nose punches deciding the fight are complete irrelevant as per the Unified Rules of MMA. Shogun was still in the fight defending himself after those 2 strikes. It was only after one or more strikes to the back of the head that he was incapacitated enough to stop the fight.

After the first strike to the back off the head that was visible to Herb Dean he was required by the rules to dive in and pause or stop the fight. Then he should have give a warning to Henderson or taken a point way from him. Just like with Jon Jone's 12-6 elbows to Matt Hamil on the ground... he could also have issued an automatic DQ as per Unified rules of MMA penalties for illegal strikes.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 pm
Those were some vicious shots Hendo landed. Great fight.
fka
fka

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:19 pm
Yeah wekka and Willie I agree there is a replay angle showing the first right hand that dropped him was far from glancing.

It knocked him on his ass with enough velocity to damn near roll him over.
fka
fka

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm
Shogun wasn't defending he was hiding under dans leg holding on to a single not advancing position.

He was way loopy before the gnp
fka
fka

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 pm
Audax said Herb wasn't in position to see the back of the head shots, he's a horrible ref plain and simple. He doesn't know where to be or what to look for, he makes up his job as he goes and it's pathetic and dangerous to the fighters.

Yeah herb wasn't even in position to see shotguns nose explode otherwise fight would have been called.

Dag....

I see what your saying

IMO herb seen shogun get hit hard enough to drop and roll him over then sees hendo land a running punch(while being out of position)in his mind shogun is hurt BAD and wasn't looking so much at the strikes to the head as he was shoguns reaction to them.

While hendo landed questionable shots it was well after shogun had been knocked out of the fight IMO.

fka
fka

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:52 pm
Even in a perfect world if herb had stopped the fight for a warning after the first back of the head shot ....

A)shogun would have been loopy as hell but more from the previous 2 hbombs not a hammer fist and possibly be ruled unfit to continue.

B)herb stops it looks at the sideshow hendo made of shoguns face and ended it due to tko injury.

I mean if weidman followed up on Silva after breaking his shin and landed 3 shots to the back of the head do you think it should be dq win for Anderson?

Shogun was out of that fight when his nose snapped he was in agony.
adam
adam

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm
Sucks to see Shogun lose like that but Hendo landed that H-bomb and it's lights out.

Reminds me kind of how he caught the GOAT in transition and it was just out of nowhere.
eXtv
eXtv

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 pm
Shogun was handing Dan his ass in a soup can before he got caught, no biggie. He'll have a sore nose for a while but his chin is still solid, whereas Hendo, as sorry as I am to say this, hasn't got a chin anywhere near as good as he used to, and his striking defence is as porous as anything.

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs Henderson 2 Results & Discussion - Page 3 Shovhen

He fights a sharp striker any time soon and they'll sleep him just like Vitor did.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm
glanc·ing
ˈglansiNG/

adjective
adjective: glancing

1. striking someone or something at an angle rather than directly and with full force.
    "he was struck a glancing blow"

fka
fka

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 pm
Sir I disagree with the above statement he got hit hard 2×

Extv completely agree

I was literally logged on here about to make a comment about how shitty Dan looked and BOOM 2 hbombs go off and nearly leave me def LOL.

Before this fight fan got a 6 fight deal done I was saying this fight isn't going to be good on his aging body cuz even if he won(he did)his body would pay the toll.

Only shogun could be lured into the exchanges and brawling style hendo needs to win(hendo got worked whole fight but hbombs rule it all out)

Hendo against anyone else really will result in losed IMO.

Great striker will ko him ,great wrestler will win decision possibly sub him.

ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS WAS HIS LAST FIGHT ON TRT
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:40 pm
fka wrote:Sir I disagree with the above statement he got hit hard 2×

I'm talking about the first right hook standing. It clips the nose turning/breaking it sideways right to left while Shoguns heads spins quickly to the right in rotation while Hendo's hand bounces of it and them keeps traveling in the arc only deviating a bit from the initial path. That is far less devastating than the power of a full-force 'head on' collision between nose and fist. It also takes less force to snap nose bones from the side than head on where the entire skull structure and mass absorb & spread out the impact of a lot of the force.

There are many behaviors noted by the laws of physics that dictate all this stuff and see force being negated more and more to an object the more another object colliding with it deviates from a line towards it's center of mass. This is the kinda of stuff that greatly affects the survivability of car crashes and is why head on and t-bone collision are the most fatal.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum