GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez Empty Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez

Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:30 pm
Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez Phil-baroni

The scheduled May 2nd card is Bellator 118, which is headlined by the Bantamweight title bout between Eduardo Dantas and Joe Warren. With the Welterweight tournament beginning this weekend at Bellator 112, it is likely that Baroni will not be fighting in a tournament until next season. As we have seen before, however, injuries are common in the sport of MMA and could leave an opening in the later rounds of the tournament for Baroni to fill in.

Baroni has had a rollercoaster of a career to say the least. Back in 2001, Baroni made his UFC debut against Matt Lindland at UFC 34. After losing that bout by majority decision, Baroni reeled off two straight TKO’s. After those wins, Baroni lost 6 more bouts in the UFC in two different runs with the organization.

Baroni currently holds a losing record of 15-17, but looks to change that come May in Bellator.

Fansided.com

Last edited by MR.WILLIE on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit)
wekka
wekka

Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez Empty Re: Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:07 pm
As long as he's on the prelims, I don't see a problem with this. He could be a fair test for Michael Page.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez Empty Re: Phil Baroni joins Bellator, debuts on May 2nd vs Jesus Martinez

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:08 pm
Dude .....

Baroni is shot.....gasses after 2 punches and is slow as fuck.

No way should baroni be in a tourney he should just test guys looking to get in tourneys.

I would say baronis name credit is his biggest attribute but even that isn't much.

Will be fun to watch but I'm not exactly behind this signing.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Phil Baroni has signed a three-fight contract with the promotion and will debut May 2 in Atlantic City, N.J. against Jesus Martinez. Baroni confirmed the news with MMAFighting.com after initially posting it on his Instagram account. The welterweight bout will air on the Spike TV main card.
fka
fka

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:14 pm
Yeah I knew they wouldn't put him on Prelims his name helps a bit.

3 fights??? I woulda did. 1 fight deal and if he performed OK then go for a 3 fight deal.

Baroni needs trt lmao
wekka
wekka

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:34 pm
This might actually be the first indicator on whether Bellator's Spike main cards will suffer because of the upcoming pay per view.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 pm
Baroni page is the fight to make
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Baroni whether he gets a W or a L is usually entertaining.

I like this signing. I'll be rooting for the NYBA.
fka
fka

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 am
Good point wekka

Hopefully knowing of the upcoming ppv model it will force bellator to be more aggressive in signing new guys.

Most likely I think tourney finals with random super fights will be ppv model.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum