GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

JuanMa wants Arce, Salido next	  Empty JuanMa wants Arce, Salido next

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:16 pm
Fresh off his big win Saturday night, Juan Manuel Lopez is targeting Jorge Arce and his old nemesis Orlando Salido.

If you haven't had a chance to catch Juan Manuel Lopez's stunning stoppage victory over Daniel Ponce De Leon from this past Saturday night, well, what's stopping you? All in the second round, Lopez pulled himself off the deck to twice floor Ponce De Leon and garner himself another win over his Mexican counterpart. It was a rematch to Lopez's first round destruction of Ponce De Leon back in 2008.

With his biggest win in years now in his rearview mirror, Lopez has his sights set on the future. According to Boxing Scene, he has named the two men he would like to face soon: Jorge Arce and Orlando Salido. Arce is an all-action guy who would produce fireworks, even if Lopez would clearly be the bigger man. Salido, however, has already brutally stopped Lopez twice in great fights.

"Right now, we do not have a clear picture (of the future), but in my opinion my next opponent should be Jorge 'Travieso' Arce. That's what I think, but it is something to discuss with my management team headed by promoter Peter Rivera. If I had to choose right now, I would do the fight with Arce and then a third fight with Salido. But (the fights) would have to be at 130 pounds," JuanMa told Carlos Narvaez.
Arce has picked up two wins since being stopped by Nonito Donaire in December 2012. We know what we would get with him. Punches, and a lot of them. Arce is smaller than Lopez, but I doubt he would care. It's potentially fun fight to make as long as we don't get too bothered by the participants dwindling brain cells.

If we're being honest, Lopez has looked like a finished fighter recently and his explosive win over Ponce De Leon will only shield us from the fact that he not a top guy any longer. An Arce fight could be fun, but another battle with Salido could be dangerous for the former champion.

Lopez is all fighter, I will give him that. But I can't claim to be overly excited to see him continue on after watching his head snap back so many times.
Blh.com
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum