GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Hunt versus the UFC HWs

+10
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Dagwood
IQ Wrestler
Dapperdoo
Frank Hill
CDF47
nodogoshi
Wolfman
KSW
parliamentfunk
14 posters
Go down
Adax

Mark Hunt versus the UFC HWs - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Hunt versus the UFC HWs

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 pm
FUCK YEAH WAR HUNT

my fucking internet died before i could see his fight but i've seen the video now and that was awesome! how could you not love Mark Hunt? MMA underdog of the decade with TRUE K-1 level striking, an iron Samoan jaw, and a bad ass Aussie accent. i wish Hunt nothing but the best this year! Mark Hunt versus the UFC HWs - Page 2 2750705302

and now i'm not even going to bother watching the rest of the main event fights i missed
:Hunto:
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:FUCK YEAH WAR HUNT

my fucking internet died before i could see his fight but i've seen the video now and that was awesome! how could you not love Mark Hunt? MMA underdog of the decade with TRUE K-1 level striking, an iron Samoan jaw, and a bad ass Aussie accent. i wish Hunt nothing but the best this year! Mark Hunt versus the UFC HWs - Page 2 2750705302

and now i'm not even going to bother watching the rest of the main event fights i missed
:Hunto:
yea I was going to leave after the hunt fight too, but Hunt ZULU'D kongo so quick I stayed for the page fight. Didnt care for the main event so I was long gone at that point.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 am
Frank Hill wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
Frank Hill wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Hunt has some good momentum going now.

Absolutely no reason to retire.

As long as the wheels on the Hunt train keep turning he keeps on earning paydays. If he wins won more, he may even get a big payday.

Quitting would be stupid. This is prizefighting.

I must have forgot this Rolling Eyes

Hunt just took out a HW gatekeeper, from here on in he will be in the top 10 of the division. There are winnable fights for him here (if not Barry than maybe Travis Browne) but I'm just worried that Hunt won't be able to keep the fight standing against the HW BJJ guys. Will his cardio hold out if he cant knock out his opponent in the first 2 rounds? I just don't want to see Hunt go on another losing streak after coming so far. I personally would be fine with him ending his career on a high note. With proper matchmaking Hunt could get a title shot that I think would be marketable. Anyway, I'm still basking in the glory of Mark Hunt on a 3 fight winstreak in the "supposed" best HW division in the world Laughing

To me your post seemed reflective of someone who sees pro fighting as a sport first and business second, when really the roles are reversed.

It is all about making money.

Winning fights puts you in a position to earn more money, under Hunt's current circumstances.

Who the fuck cares if he loses a fight or two. He's still getting paid.

The people who'll shit on him for it aren't real fans anyway, and won't remember him regardless, win or lose.

I do agree with you I guess I just get a bit sentimental sometimes regarding certain fighters. Hunt seems to be pretty humble and casual regarding his recent success and I should just be happy for him. cheers

Well at the same time, how great will it feel if Hunt keeps on winning.

He isn't getting any younger so this is probably his last big push, but he's been in great form.

Time to give it one last big shot.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 pm
...I'm not so sure a fella like Cormier won't just run his head into Marks hands. They're a full career's worth of experience difference there. IMO, Mark's got the ability to beat any MMA HW.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum