GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GLORY PPV Numbers

+5
wekka
PRIDE4EVER
Rizin=PRIDEFC
fka
TeamJohnPerretti
9 posters
Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

GLORY PPV Numbers Empty GLORY PPV Numbers

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:38 pm
Although GLORY’s “Last Man Standing” featured several, high profile fights, and the preliminary card on SPIKE drew solid ratings, according to a report the pay-per-view struggled in sales.

The kickboxing event featured a thrilling eight man, middleweight tourney as well as a heavyweight title fight between Rico Verhoeven and Daniel Ghita. According to a report from Liver Kick.com, however, veteran journalist Dave Meltzer relayed in his Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the card “bombed” in PPV buys.

While no official numbers are available, Meltzer reportedly said the card did much worse than recent TNA and ROH wrestling PPVs, which are believed to have drawn less than 9,000 buys.

“Last Man Standing” went down on June 21st and was hosted by the Forum in Inglewood, California.

GLORY 17 was broadcast on SPIKE leading into “Last Man Standing”, and drew an average of 483,000 viewers. The card, which featured Mirko “Cro Cop” decisioning Jarrell Miller, peaked at 862,000 viewers.

http://fcfighter.com/post/report-glorys-last-man-standing-ppv-numbers-extremely-low
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

GLORY PPV Numbers Empty Re: GLORY PPV Numbers

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:53 pm
Kickboxing is still really new on the scene for north America as far as being a big scene.people don't know anyone who kickboxes ,IMO they should have ran one year of just stacked spike cards then slowly introduce the ppv model.

There free TV events regularly draw good numbers I think they just need to rethink their model.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 am
This could be end of Glory! They allegedly have financial problems. Hope they can survive with TV.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:55 am
fka wrote:Kickboxing is still really new on the scene for north America as far as being a big scene.people don't know anyone who kickboxes ,IMO they should have ran one year of just stacked spike cards then slowly introduce the ppv model.

There free TV events regularly draw good numbers I think they just need to rethink their model.
Agreed! I just introduced kickboxing to a friend he only knows two guys by name so yes I agree kickboxing being new to many North America. Glory should really use Spike to their advantage stack the cards the people will start to notice
wekka
wekka

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:53 am
They shouldn't have went to PPV in less than a year. They've got to continue building their brand and let the strength of their shows dictate business.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:57 am
Stick to europe and regular Spike broadcast is my advice to keep floating. Seems like the Bellator PPV got 10 times as many PPV buys.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 pm
i thought the lastman standing event was fucking amazing

however maybe it was too soon for them.

i hope glory stay around! id hate to see them go they are world class
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am
wekka wrote:They shouldn't have went to PPV in less than a year. They've got to continue building their brand and let the strength of their shows dictate business.

I read somewhere, might have been on here, that they are having some money problems. I think the move to ppv so soon was out of desperation.

It's a shame if this didn't work out for them.

They were putting good shows on Spike and getting good ratings. As others have said it would have been nice for them to slowly but surely build up some momentum towards a ppv show.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:17 pm
Bad decision going Ppv in so little time
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 pm
I'm halfway through watching this card.

I didn't even know about it except for this thread. (What does that say for their marketing?)

Terrible job, in my opinion.

Glory has the goods potentially. Their rules are a complete joke. Their commentators are absolute shit. Their production is awful.

They have potential, if they could take care of basic details.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 pm
An example of what I mean by terrible rules:

You can't have rules such that you can only clinch while simultaneously kneeing, and the action must be stopped the instant knees are not thrown.

Clinches are a part of standup striking. You don't kneed to allow Muay Thai clinches. You can have a provision to break clinches quickly.

There is a big problem when fighters are forced to take voice commands from a referee on when to break a clinch.

Allow the clinch. And if there's no action pretty quickly, the ref gets in the middle and breaks it up.

This provision of no clinches is not sport. It is spectacle.

Fighters were getting tagged, trying to abide by the voice commands, and not focusing on the fight.

Terrible, terrible rule making.
wekka
wekka

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:37 pm
It's not K1 level, but I don't think the production is too bad. Better than UFC and Bellator, for the most part. Ron Kruck is absolutely horrendous, though. They have Schiavello there but not doing play by play? What?
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm
Golden Age wrote:Stick to europe and regular Spike broadcast is my advice to keep floating. Seems like the Bellator PPV got 10 times as many PPV buys.

To be honest Spike and Glory did a shit job of promoting it though, barley any commercials on Spike Glory only really reved up the promotion the last week before the ppv not enough time to get eye balls for the ppv. Has zero to do with America, its a new market in a new market you must push your product get it exposed to more people so rarely mentioning it up until the week before the event is not a good way to promote it.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 pm
wekka wrote:It's not K1 level, but I don't think the production is too bad. Better than UFC and Bellator, for the most part. Ron Kruck is absolutely horrendous, though. They have Schiavello there but not doing play by play? What?

Yeah, I sort of mis-spoke, the production is good, but the rest of the stuff I see big problems with. I guess I was sort of including all of it as production.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum