GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Bellator did nothing wrong in SELLING Alvarez to the UFC Empty Bellator did nothing wrong in SELLING Alvarez to the UFC

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 pm
The UCS BOUGHT Alvarez's contract from Bellator. That means they no longer wanted Alvarez and were willing to sell him to another company for compensation. Evidently they got what they felt he was worth because they sold him. This is perfectly fine & legal between any to competing companies or sports organizations.

Sources close to the bout who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the match up had not yet been finalized confirmed the news to Sherdog.com. The bout is contingent on the UFC acquiring Alvarez’s services from Bellator. Negotiations are ongoing because Alvarez currently remains under Bellator contract at the time of this writing.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sources-Donald-CerroneEddie-Alvarez-Lightweight-Bout-Targeted-for-UFC-178-71373

This transaction will be available for scrutiny by any VIACOM shareholder that wishes to look at it. There is no conflict of interest here, nor is there anything that could be described as collusion or anti-competition.
Bellator now will take the money they got for Alvarez and invested it back into acquiring new fighters.

Purely from a brand perspective Alvarez has in the past, and continued have a negative impact on the Bellator brand with his actions & statements against the company. In fact this really bolstered Zuffa negative attacks on Bellator. Regardless of how good an athletes is, there comes a point when he is continually degrading an organization that he will  be traded, sold, or dropped like a hot potato. In the first 2 cases the organization will receive cash or other players in return. In the last not so much and they take a loss which the feel is justifiable.

This is 'not' the WSOF letting Arlovski out of an enforce contract to sign with the UFC.

This is not 'Invicta' with no event revenues, or TV revenues for almost a year sign, new fighter contracts left and right and then miraculously appearing on the UFC-owned fight pass network.

There in nothing wrong whatsoever with what Bellator did here.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Bellator did nothing wrong in SELLING Alvarez to the UFC Empty Re: Bellator did nothing wrong in SELLING Alvarez to the UFC

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:49 pm
Eddie has been a pain in the ass and if this is the only sale I don´t have much to say about it.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Bellator did nothing wrong in SELLING Alvarez to the UFC Empty Re: Bellator did nothing wrong in SELLING Alvarez to the UFC

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:25 pm
Bye bye Bellator! sell the top star you stopped from leaving so badly.

Bellator = UFC feeder league

Scott Coker = In bed with the Ferritats and Dana White

It's no surprise to me! I am not shocked at what is happening. Bellator will be dead by the end of 2015. I would be shocked if they are still going by then.

Business as usual!

Anyone wanting to join the Anti Bellator Top Team is welcome  cat 

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:37 pm
Stu your an idiot lmfao ....

Eddie Alvarez is bellators top star????

You mean the Guy who got mauled by an untested Chandler or the one who beat Chandler at 70%(Chandler fought injured fir the rematch)

Bjorn rebney was Alvarez Savior and who solely fought to keep his presence.

Eddie had done nothing but resent bellator from keeping him away from ufc .....

So both party's benefit once bellator sells off an entire division or Douglas Lima and pat curran you can start your period LOL.

With management change comes roster change this wasn't surprising whatsoever .....like u said coker acknowledged Eddie wanted to leave but he wanted to try and patch things up
Obviously Eddie wants ufc so let the negative influence go while gaining money for new guys.

Stu u say u don't watch mma anymore so stop posting your posts are straight whack and completely irrelevant.
fka
fka

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm
I'm not hating IMHO Eddie won't crack top 5 be lucky to be top 10 in ufc.

If rumors are correct and he's fighting cowboy ....good fucking luck buddy lol
Heretic
Heretic

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:54 pm
well so much for the rubber match
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm
Spend the money on Erokhin! Coker we know you and Rich Chou are lurking here  Very Happy 
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 pm
fka wrote:Stu your an idiot lmfao ....

Stu u say u don't watch mma anymore so stop posting your posts are straight whack and completely irrelevant.

you mark my words FKA! Scott Coker will fuck things right up! Eddie leaving is just the beginning and what you will see is what happened when zuffa bought strikeforce and started acquiring all their top stars.

if coker gave a shit about making bellator a success he would have sweetened things with eddie first instead of letting him go straight into ufc's hands.

How can you people not see HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF!

I bet you Bellator is dead in 2 years MAX!
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Eddie Alvarez is bellators top star????

You mean the Guy who got mauled by an untested Chandler or the one who beat Chandler at 70%(Chandler fought injured fir the rematch)

Bjorn rebney was Alvarez Savior and who solely fought to keep his presence.

Eddie had done nothing but resent bellator from keeping him away from ufc .....

So both party's benefit once bellator sells off an entire division or Douglas Lima and pat curran you can start your period LOL.

With management change comes roster change this wasn't surprising whatsoever .....like u said coker acknowledged Eddie wanted to leave but he wanted to try and patch things up
Obviously Eddie wants ufc so let the negative influence go while gaining money for new guys.

This. It is nice to see you, dag and Johan can see this for what it is Eddie has been acting like a diva. He is a major headache and imo is getting off easy not having to fight Chandler a 3rd time, hell even Will Brooks would have been a huge test for Alvarez! War Bellator!!!
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Please refrain from name calling. I will start watching this more closely for everybody.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:36 pm
Dagwood wrote:

Please refrain from name calling. I will start watching this more closely for everybody.

I didnt take it as name calling. we just tease each other  Rolling LMAO 

FKA it's not too late to join the ABTT
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:39 pm
Tbh i agree with Arn3Ufc, would be suprised if Bellator is still around in 2016.

Btw. I think M-1 HW division is by far stronger, except for Mighty Mo <3
fka
fka

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:39 pm
Yeah me an stu just teasing dag...

If u hear f bombs going off then its something but its just games bro

Not like iforgotmypassword lol
fka
fka

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 pm
BELLAFORCE is strong u all will see Smile
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:41 pm
me and FKA are totally B.F.F!!! cat
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:44 pm
fka wrote:BELLAFORCE is strong u all will see Smile

Damn right they are!!!!

War Bellaforce
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 pm
PRIDE4EVER wrote:
fka wrote:BELLAFORCE is strong u all will see Smile

Damn right they are!!!!

War Bellaforce

The Bellator will STRIKE with FORCE!

Seriously though, I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, I hope this doesn't become a habit. On the other hand, Alverez has been one headache after another. He's only competed once in eighteen months, he pulled out of their PPV debut, and has been unreliable by throwing the company under the bus. He clearly doesn't care about Bellator and is out for himself. At this point, Bellator should focus on not only great talent but talent like Pat Curran, Michael Chandler, Will Brooks, Douglas Lima, Alexander Shlemenko, and Emanuel Newton among others who actually care about Bellator and want to be there.

I will say though, I hope Bellator blacklists him if he gets cut from the UFC.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:28 am
I think it's a good move.

Eddie has a history of complaining and whining alot.

Bellator can get rid of his contract and get paid to do so. Then they can put some of that towards fighters who want to be in Bellator.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum