GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Randy Couture vs. Fedor Emelianenko at Metamoris? 'Natural' not opposed to the idea Empty Randy Couture vs. Fedor Emelianenko at Metamoris? 'Natural' not opposed to the idea

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm
And I'm pretty sure you won't hear any complaints from fans, either.

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight titleholder Randy Couture was oh-so-close to having a 265-pound showdown against ex-PRIDE division kingpin Fedor Emelianenko, back in 2008 when "The Natural" tried to retire from UFC and move on to bigger and better things.

We all know how that turned out.

But that doesn't mean he has closed the door on a potential showdown against "The Last Emperor." Sure, both fighters are no longer competing in mixed martial arts (MMA), but there's no reason they can't strap on the speedo (like this guy) and get down at Metamoris.

Couture talks to Submission Radio.

"That would be interesting and certainly given the time to prepare and get back up into good, solid grappling and wrestling shape, that would be a lot of fun and I think, you know. I'm not sure how active Fedor is at this stage, you know him being retired as well, but I'm certainly no opposed to an idea like that."

Legends division?

Couture was asked to fill in at the most recent Metamoris event when his Team Quest broski, Chael Sonnen, was close to withdrawing, thanks to a recent run in with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and the "Bad Guy" was allowed to compete (and lose).

Emelianenko ruled the combat sambo circuit for nearly a decade and would provide an interesting challenge for Couture, a decorated wrestler and competent grappler. Whether or not Metamoris can afford the price tag that accompanies this type of "super fight" is unknown, but I'd certainly pay to see it.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/18/6030547/randy-couture-vs-fedor-emelianenko-metamoris-natural-not-opposed-idea-mma
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum