GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union  Empty Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union

Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:23 pm
Jose Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 's**t', wants to see a fighters union
By Lucas Rezende  on May 31, 2015, 8:05p
Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union  Usa-today-8159491.0

Jose Aldo is the newest UFC fighter to complain about the new Reebok deal the company will impose over its fighters starting on July. The fact that athletes will lose a significant amount of their sponsorship money has been bothering some who make a bigger profit by showing their sponsors on their trunks on fight night than by what their purse pays them.

Aldo, however, took it to the next level when he laid it all out to Combate when he talked about his feelings over the incoming change.

"First of all. It's shit. Everybody has been talking about it. We, athletes, are losing a lot. They said we would be like NBA or NFL athlete, but that doesn't apply, because we are not paid monthly like they are.  It doesn't matter how much we will be paid, all athletes who had sponsors are losing money. That's a huge setback for us. We live for each fight, we have to keep fighting and nobody fights more than three times a year.  Not a champion, anyway. Even the value they measured doesn't match what our sponsors were paying us. That is great for the UFC, but not for the fighters.  I see a lot of athletes losing too much. If you are a beginner there is not that big of a hurry to get paid, but it still isn't that much. Not enough to get them by at least. I don't like it. Ever since they started talking about this, I asked to see what they were offering us and I never thought it was interesting, especially for the champions."

In his opinion, if fighters got together to start a union, maybe that would a be a way to stop the new deal from happening, and though Aldo likes the idea, he doesn't see it happening.

"If we are going to talk about something, that does not depend on just me being the champion, or Cain Velasquez, or any other champion. If we had a union for fighters, and we were all together, like in the NBA, this would've been different.  But fighters are not united.  Today I have a price the event is willing to pay to have me, but there are other fighters out there willing to fight for spare change if I don't want to, and that is not even their fault. The UFC brought the sport to where it is today, great, that's their merit. But if athletes were more united and had a union to protect them, I don't think this would happen."

His main concern, though, is to find a way to make it easier for fighters who are just starting out, as Aldo feels they are the ones who will suffer the most from the new contract.

"When I speak about this, I don't speak for myself. If I say this might be good for Aldo, yeah, sure it can, I would make good money, I could say that. But when I look at other athletes, like I do at my gym, they need me and Andre Pederneiras to start helping them, because that's a bad thing that they are doing to them. It gets really bad for up and comers or guys who are trying to reach the top.  I'm not talking about me, I'm all right, I'm the champion and I have a high price. Aldo hasn't become the champion now, he has been the champion for years. But for the beginners, it's really bad."

Jose Aldo is scheduled to face Conor McGregor for the UFC featherweight championship at UFC 189 in Las Vegas on July 11.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union  Empty Re: Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union

Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:27 pm
Sweet he could be a great mouthpiece fir the fighters
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union  Empty Re: Joe-zay Aldo thinks UFC's Reebok deal is 'shit', wants to see a fighters union

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:48 pm
Union can't work because you have to be employee in order form union. They are IC so it had to be Association. Conor want to be Association.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:51 pm
Nice. Hope more fighters start to speak out as well.
Heretic
Heretic

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:40 pm
props to Aldo speaking out, the Reebok deal is shit
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:52 pm
CDF47 wrote:Nice.  Hope more fighters start to speak out as well.

alot are towing the line saying its a good thing

no joke

but these fighters are the ones that are low level fight night fighters or guys like conor who has an exclusive deal that pays way more
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:52 pm
can u imagine jose in bellator him vs pitbull would be sick

Very Happy

go bellaforce! steal all ufc's fighters!!
Adax

Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:36 pm
stu3ufc wrote:can u imagine jose in bellator him vs pitbull would be sick

Very Happy

Weichel will be champ by the time Aldo signs with Bellator Wink Wink
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:48 pm
Upcoming news: Aldo thinks UFC is shit and so does all other fighters alien
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:21 pm
I bet soon zuffa will have some patsy say " you know these fighter complaining about the pay they don't talk like I talk they don't tink like I tink you need to be a brown nose " to get 5 percent .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:35 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Nice.  Hope more fighters start to speak out as well.

alot are towing the line saying its a good thing

no joke

but these fighters are the ones that are low level fight night fighters or guys like conor who has an exclusive deal that pays way more

Yeah, I have seen some of those as well. It is great to have the fighters that are getting screwed coming out one after the other though.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:36 pm
stu3ufc wrote:can u imagine jose in bellator him vs pitbull would be sick

Very Happy

Would be unreal. Would love to see that fight.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am
eddie alverez pisses me off...

He was all big balls when it came to bjorn and getting out of his bellator contract saying it was unfair and stopped him earning money. even though bellator matches UFC's offer and put on a PPV for him.

now eddie will earn $2,500 from sponsors under reebok and this guy says theres "no sense" in discussing the reebok deal.

fuck eddie
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:47 pm
stu3ufc wrote:eddie alverez pisses me off...

He was all big balls when it came to bjorn and getting out of his bellator contract saying it was unfair and stopped him earning money. even though bellator matches UFC's offer and put on a PPV for him.

now eddie will earn $2,500 from sponsors under reebok and this guy says theres "no sense" in discussing the reebok deal.

fuck eddie

$2500 sponsor pay for Eddie, unreal. He's getting robbed big time here. I wonder what percentage Zuffa is getting from this Reebok deal.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:57 pm
CDF47 wrote:

fuck eddie

$2500 sponsor pay for Eddie, unreal.  He's getting robbed big time here.  I wonder what percentage Zuffa is getting from this Reebok deal.

Well, remember, Dana White said they also get paid in "merchandise". So Alvarez gets $2500 and some Reebok sneakers!
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:15 pm

fuck eddie
Eddie doesn´t sound like an intelligent person in the interviews I´ve seen. It would be hilarious to see him come crawling back to Bellator.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:45 pm
Hamilcar wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

fuck eddie

$2500 sponsor pay for Eddie, unreal.  He's getting robbed big time here.  I wonder what percentage Zuffa is getting from this Reebok deal.

Well, remember, Dana White said they also get paid in "merchandise".  So Alvarez gets $2500 and some Reebok sneakers!

LOL...and probably a T-Shirt as well. Dana is now saying the fighters get all the Reebok money.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:06 pm
Golden Age wrote:

fuck eddie
Eddie doesn´t sound like an intelligent person in the interviews I´ve seen. It would be hilarious to see him come crawling back to Bellator.

hahaha. Looks like he will be soon because he's done awful in the ufc so far. he's all hype imo.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:09 pm
CDF47 wrote:

fuck eddie

remember when Bellator was the enemy and Bjorn was the bad guy.....

oh well Rolling LMAO
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:23 pm
I want to see Eddie pull a reverse-Rampage "I tried to fight outside of Bellator but this is the best organization on Earth!".
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:31 am
stu3ufc wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

fuck eddie

remember when Bellator was the enemy and Bjorn was the bad guy.....

oh well Rolling LMAO

Oh yeah....I remember that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum