GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit

+5
Hamilcar
backdoor to zuffa
Aunt Red
nodogoshi
stu3ufc
9 posters
Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit Empty The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit

Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 am
Cant believe how fucking dumb people are especially these liberal pro gay social justice warriors. they put two and two together and get 5. Then you have gutter media outlets like bleacher report saying Yoel is this and that. Can't these people fucking listen for one second. He said nothing about gays.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit Empty Re: The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit

Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:21 am
Can I have a little context please?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit Empty Re: The Yoel Romero post fight speech bullshit

Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:24 am
I didn't realize that it was Romero fighting Machida.

I would have tuned in for that.

I guess I'll catch the interview too.

Last edited by nodogoshi on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:24 am
nodogoshi wrote:Can I have a little context please?

People jumping to conclusions misunderstanding what Yoel said. Was cleared up at the post fight presser. Just goes to show how AWFUL the MMA media is.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:17 am
He's entirely full of shit and is a complete idiot.

But I don't get my political commentary from prize fighters usually.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue, and needs to be respected on legal grounds.

Marriage affords particular rights which should be extended to gay couples. Abolish the marriage rights, or let gay people get married.

I think tranies are weirdos, but meh. If they are affluent enough and have the inclination, whatever. That doesn't mean I support the 'right' of Fallon Fox to fight women, or that I believe that surgical and chemical inducements can genuinely change a man in to a women.

I think Romero's comments were pretty pointless and stupid, but like I said, he's a prize fighter and not a politician, so I don't really give a shit what he says on such topics.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:30 pm
what an ass-yoel. deport that cuban shit back to cuba.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:00 pm
It made me laugh. I think polesmokers and donut bumpers should be able to marry, but Yoel made me lol in a good way. It kind of makes me a fan. The outrage over things like this is always funny.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:33 pm
nodogoshi wrote:He's entirely full of shit and is a complete idiot.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue, and needs to be respected on legal grounds.

Marriage affords particular rights which should be extended to gay couples. Abolish the marriage rights, or let gay people get married.

I think tranies are weirdos, but meh. If they are affluent enough and have the inclination, whatever. That doesn't mean I support the 'right' of Fallon Fox to fight women, or that I believe that surgical and chemical inducements can genuinely change a man in to a women.

I think Romero's comments were pretty pointless and stupid, but like I said, he's a prize fighter and not a politician, so I don't really give a shit what he says on such topics.

i know you're a smart guy but he clearly says "no forget jesus" he never mentioned anything about gays....open your ears.... he even says in post fight press conference.

so annoying how people jumped at him because their hate filled with their own agenda.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:11 pm
stu3ufc wrote:

i know you're a smart guy but he clearly says "no forget jesus" he never mentioned anything about gays....open your ears.... he even says in post fight press conference.

so annoying how people jumped at him because their hate filled with their own agenda.

I'm a big Romero fan.

The guy is awesome.

I love top athletes in MMA. He's the best wrestler to ever fight in MMA.

I have no problem with him. Like I said, I don't take my political commentary from prize fighters.

If you say so I'll listen again though.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:41 pm
stu3ufc wrote:

"No forget Jesus" is what I heard originally too, and still think it is. I went to the sherdog pbp thread to see what people were saying after his speech, hoping to get a translation because I couldn't understand much of it. I saw people talking about an anti-gay rant. I was confused, but laughing. I think I prefer "no for gay Jesus" simply because it ruffled so many feathers. Some people subconsciously love to be outraged so that they can react with some overly aggressive self-righteous statements, whether they have legitimate reasons to do so or not. It isn't legitimate in this case.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:51 pm
You guys are absolutely correct.

He says nothing about gays.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 pm
He says 'god', and it could be misinterpreted as 'gays', because of his accent.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:54 pm
All of this could be avoided if people would just skip the post-fight interviews like I do. Never saw his interview, never will. Don't care.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:09 pm
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:11 pm
Hamilcar wrote:All of this could be avoided if people would just skip the post-fight interviews like I do.  Never saw his interview, never will.  Don't care.

I like post-fight interviews, but people need to be more sensitive about the fact of accents.

I'm guilty too. But I listened to the interview with an expectation based on the thread, and I thought I heard him talking shit about gays, but on second listen I noticed I was mistaken.

Once he brought up the Jesus stuff, my eyes glazed over. He's saying "Hey, America needs to be a proper theocracy, what is wrong with yall." And he is a foreigner who doesn't even really speak English (which is fine--English is a difficult language and I don't begrudge that).

But he's a prize fighter. The god stuff probably gives him proper motivation. Good for him on that.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:13 pm
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:

Sounds like he's preaching. He says "you forget Jesus" and "go for Jesus".

What a retarded controversy.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:19 pm
"Not forget Jesus, people."

That's what I hear.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:51 pm
If you talk as retarded as a sloth, you should have a translator. Why he didn't do that should be the bigger controversy. That and his forthcoming positive ped test.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:02 pm
His headband says John 3:16. Shouldn't it be Austin 3:16? Like Aunt Red said, there are more important things about the post-fight than the bogus anti-gay speech.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:05 pm
Aunt Red wrote:If you talk as retarded as a sloth, you should have a translator. Why he didn't do that should be the bigger controversy. That and his forthcoming positive ped test.

Just drop it, you polesmoking donut bumper.

He didn't say shit.
Adax

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:27 pm
Hamilcar wrote:All of this could be avoided if people would just skip the post-fight interviews like I do.  Never saw his interview, never will.  Don't care.

I went a step further and skipped the fight completely lol!
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:31 pm
AudaxSynth wrote:

I went a step further and skipped the fight completely lol!

I usually don't watch UFC, and didn't watch this card.

But I'm a fan of Romero, and Machida for that matter.

So once I became aware of the matchup I watched it.

I posted the video on the previous page.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:57 pm
nodogoshi wrote:

What a retarded controversy.

exactly!

I should have explained better for those who hadnt seen the interview.....Can't believe people who jumped to such conclusions....

especially the media!
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:06 am
nodogoshi wrote:
Aunt Red wrote:If you talk as retarded as a sloth, you should have a translator. Why he didn't do that should be the bigger controversy. That and his forthcoming positive ped test.

He didn't say shit.

lol I'll drop it your mouth, meatball. you didn't understand a word of that broken sloth gibberish either. if you say you did, you're lying.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 am
Aunt Red wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

He didn't say shit.

lol I'll drop it your mouth, meatball. you didn't understand a word of that broken sloth gibberish either. if you say you did, you're lying.

I can understand it after listening several times.

I am accustomed to understanding broken English, living abroad for years.

I think the controversy should be the racism/ethnic discrimination of the reaction.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum