GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal. Empty M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 pm
M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal. Aba

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/14/9530453/vadim-fedor-emelianenko-jaideep-singh-rizin-shady-enterprise-mma-news

Fedor's return to professional competition has been a emotional saga with an anticlimactic conclusion, one that even disappointed his ex-manager, Vadim Finkelchtein.

The M-1 Global founder revealed in an interview on the promotion's website that he had nothing to do with Fedor's signing with former Pride FC boss Sakakibara's new Japanese promotion Rizin Fighting Federation.

"Fedor makes all the decisions by himself now," Vadim explained. "In our past, all troubles and accusations used to befall on me. They said that I was the reason that Fedor didn't fight in UFC. But now I say officially: I don't have any relations to this one. Nothing."

He also added that Fedor's opponent was ‘definitely' not the 1-0 Jaideep Singh.

"No, it definitely isn't [Jaideep Singh]. I think he is no match to Fedor Emelianenko. Too weak an opponent for him."

When asked who he would have theoretically matched Fedor against had he signed with M-1, Vadim said that he would have offered him the heavyweight or light-heavyweight champion.

"We have a lot of proper fighters of a high level. I'd put Marcin Tybura or Stephan Puetz against the Fedor. But you see, we in Russia are limited with our resources. We can't compete with UFC or these new Japans, who emerged recently."

Rizin recently held a press conference where they announced partnerships with the likes of Bellator and KSW. Vadim revealed that he was offered a partnership but opted to err on the side of caution.

"About 1 year ago, Sakakibara called me, but I didn't take it seriously. I don't believe in such projects. Look, I have a company and many contracts with television. How we will share this? Who will own all of this? Should I keep it, or Japanese will take it from me, or will we cut it somehow? And what if I have already obligations to some Japanese TV-channel? I don't even understand the concept. Who will pay for all of this? Who will have rights and copyright? I think this is a utopia from the very beginning."

"My professional opinion: all they do now is some kind of shady enterprise. But I don't have enough info - so let's see where will this go.

So what do yall think of this ? On sherdog the schills are using it against cd47 for implying Zuffa is leading the smear campaign against RIZIN. They are some basic sheep though as we know that at the end of the day finkelstein represents his own interests and is technically the competition. I read between the lines and he just sounds sour that his little european mma foothold will probably get swallowed up by interest in rizin because let's face it, when pride was around, they were able to capture European talent and fandom quite easily.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal. Empty Re: M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:08 pm
Seems to me like Vadim is a bit bitter here since Fedor opted for Rizin over M-1 and since Vadim is no longer managing him.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal. Empty Re: M-1 Global founder Vadim Finkelchtein discussed Fedor’s signing with Rizin Fighting Federation and why he opted to stay out of the deal.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Yes.^^^

Vadim sounds a little jealous and bitter.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:27 pm
He sounds like that jealous ex girlfriend who got dumped and now is talking shit

Last edited by Longtime Fan on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:48 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:He sounds like that jealous ex girlfriend who got dumped and now it talking shit

Yeah, there are similarities.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:49 pm
Does it matter?

At the end of the day he's a promoter talking about a former client and what amounts to a rival company.

Imho i think vadim will end up joining the federation after they've shown some success.

Since its essentially an anti ufc federation i think vadim is playing safe so m1 isnt targeted by ufc.

He will have to choose tho either you are a feeder to ufc or you are part of the federation,the time of riding the line is over.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:52 pm
vadim sounds a bit bitter i don't know why ? i mean you know the years of dana and the ufc talking shit and putting him m1 and fedor down you think he be happy that fedor didn't signed with the ufc either that or they took what he said out of context i would not put it past those zuffa sites . People still think he is fighting that 1-0 jadeep singh people must stupid or arrogant or both .

Last edited by westcott123 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm
I'm confused. I thought M-1 were going to work with Rizin.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:00 pm
No m1 never made any statements in support of rizin in fact i believe vadims interview is the first from m1 on the topic of rizin.

Vadim is scared his company will be swallowed.....and it will....by ufc or you join the federation...
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:03 pm
if it gets swallowed then that is his problem .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 pm
Seems logical to hook up with Rizin and these other companies like Bellator, BAMMA, and KSW since he'll have allies rather then alone where he can be vulnerable against UFC who have shown they don't play well with others.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:49 pm
fka wrote:Does it matter?

At the end of the day he's a promoter talking about a former client and what amounts to a rival company.

Imho i think vadim will end up joining the federation after they've shown some success.

Since its essentially an anti ufc federation i think vadim is playing safe so m1 isnt targeted by ufc.

He will have to choose tho either you are a feeder to ufc or you are part of the federation,the time of riding the line is over.

Good points fka. Would be cool to see them join in the future.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:10 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:Seems logical to hook up with Rizin and these other companies like Bellator, BAMMA, and KSW since he'll have allies rather then alone where he can be vulnerable against UFC who have shown they don't play well with others.

Yes maybe he will in the future i mean he was always talking about cross promoting maybe he was hurt that fedor didn't signed with him . I think they think that rizzin is building its name around feeor which it ain't i mean they just have to go on the website they don't really talk about him that much compared to gabi and rena .people still think fedor is fighting that kickboxer .
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:08 pm
Vadim has always been pro co-promotion and fighter sharing so he´s definietly butthurt since Fedor left M-1.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:58 pm
Golden Age wrote:Vadim has always been pro co-promotion and fighter sharing so he´s definietly butthurt since Fedor left M-1.

I say he is most likely because he knows fedors will make a lot of coin and he can't get a slice either .
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 am
Definetly not Jaideep eh? Oh well we have a good opponent now in Moldonado.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:02 am
M-1 joining with Rizin would be good for everyone. Gets M-1 fighters more recognition on a big show and makes the fighters push to represent their companies as the strongest. It would give their fighters a chance to fight more as well. It would also make it more likely Fedor would fight for them again sometime in the future.

Fedor and his crew would probably be fighting in M-1 in June, instead of Fight Nights Global, if M-1 had worked with Rizin and everyone else.

InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 am
Kinosis wrote:M-1 joining with Rizin would be good for everyone.  Gets M-1 fighters more recognition on a big show and makes the fighters push to represent their companies as the strongest.  It would give their fighters a chance to fight more as well.  It would also make it more likely Fedor would fight for them again sometime in the future.  

Fedor and his crew would probably be fighting in M-1 in June, instead of Fight Nights Global, if M-1 had worked with Rizin and everyone else.

A lot of their best talent us goin to Bellator and UFC. Now Fight Nights is getting bigger fights. M1 is really shooting itself in the foot.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 25, 2016 9:07 pm
InfinityLens wrote:
Kinosis wrote:M-1 joining with Rizin would be good for everyone.  Gets M-1 fighters more recognition on a big show and makes the fighters push to represent their companies as the strongest.  It would give their fighters a chance to fight more as well.  It would also make it more likely Fedor would fight for them again sometime in the future.  

A lot of their best talent us goin to Bellator and UFC. Now Fight Nights is getting bigger fights. M1 is really shooting itself in the foot.

They are putting on a really good MW tournament right now. They have lost a number of good fighters to other orgs. recently though.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:56 pm
Hope to see Vadim get over this soon and work with Rizin partnership.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:53 pm
^^^Could you imagine some of the fights we could get?

Buchinger v Curran anyone?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum