GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans Empty Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:53 pm
Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans 103461_b_fjodor-emeljanenko-i-vadim-finkelshtejn_1321714496

President of M-1 Global Vadim Finkelstein talked in an interview with Mixfight.ru about the return of Fedor Emelianenko in professional sports and the prospects for future development

So for you personally it was an unexpected decision for Fedor to leave the political career and return to professional sport?

In principle, yes, it was quite unexpected, because I almost lost hope after a year or two of persuasion.  Nothing worked, and even in one point, he asked not to raise the subject.  However, a week or two ago, he told me that, perhaps, will come back. I didn´t believe my ears, but the final decision was made a few days ago.

Will Fedor continue to work in the Soviet Union Russia MMA?

Yes, of course.

Did Fedor share with you his plans for his next shows?

No specifics.  The only thing he said - is what he has to prepare well.  Morally and psychologically it is perfectly ready, set to fight and evaluating its potential, I can say that it can show itself at its best.

What do you think - when and where we will see the next fight Fedor?

I can not yet answer the question - is there any concrete plans, but I would really like the fight took place in Russia.  Fedor no obligations to anyone, so he can select any organization in the world for his future career.  But it would be nice if he pleased, first Russian viewers.

Do you want the third M-1 Global event to use Fedor in the main fight of the evening?

We would like to, and it would be great to arrange his return to professional sport at the grand show of M-1 Global, as it was in the Olympic when gathered 22,000 spectators - that would be a great gift for all of his Russian fans, and then he would go abroad .  This is only my wish, and I'll work on that.  Perhaps it will happen.

If yes - Who do you see as a possible opponent?

Any one of the best M-1 fighters, we have a very strong division. In the future in general, I think - Fedor would beat any of the top 10 heavyweights in the world.

How long do you think Fedor can compete?

A couple of years easily, I think.

Mixfight.ru
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans Empty Re: Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:59 pm
This is same interview i read when fedors return first broke.

One i read was longer tho...

Vadim would like fedor to compete fir m1 in russia but isnt sure its possible....its up to fedor.

He also wants fedor to fight all over not just russia.they also say fedor can still take on a top 10 guy skills wise but needs some time to train.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans Empty Re: Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:04 pm
fka wrote:This is same interview i read when fedors return first broke.

One i read was longer tho...

Vadim would like fedor to compete fir m1 in russia but isnt sure its possible....its up to fedor.

He also wants fedor to fight all over not just russia.they also say fedor can still take on a top 10 guy skills wise but needs some time to train.
Fedor is a part owner of M-1 so he will most likely fight for them or it will be co-promotion with another promotion like they had with Affliction and Strikeforce.
fka
fka

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:27 pm
Heres the one i read....

On Tuesday rumors surfaced that the greatest heavyweight in mixed martial arts history, The Last Emperor, Fedor Emelianko was returning. Now it was been confirmed, by Fedor's longtime manager, M-1 Global president Vadim Finkelchtein.
"It was unexpected," said Vadim to Karim Zidan for BloodyElbow.com. "I was trying to convince Fedor to come back for about year or two, but then gave up this idea. And about a week or two ago he told me he is thinking about coming back to sport. I am happy about that."
"I am ready to help him anyway I can. I see that he is mentally ready. All he needs is to train hard. He remained in good shape all those years but it will still take some time to be ready to fight."
"There is no information about time and place of his first fight for now. And there is no information about possible opponent. But I am sure he is able to fight any Top 10 world heavyweight."
UGer touch also brought to our attention that Vadim told a Russian news site he wants the first figth to be in Russia.
Q: Fedor told about his negotiations with MMA promotions. Is ?-1 one of them and what conditions can you offer for Fedor?
Vadim: I would like Fedor to fight for us but I'm not sure it's possible. It would be great to have first Fedor's fight in Russia, for his fans. But then I want him to compete abroad - in US, Japan…

Finkelchtein then released a comprehensive Q&A.
Q: Was you surprised when you heard about Fedor returning to professional fighting?
Vadim Finkelchtein: Well, yes. I was surprised. I lost the hope to make him back after one or two years of negotiations. I just couldn't make it. One time he asked me not to talk about this any more. But about a week ago he told me that he might have come back. I couldn't believe what I heard. I was happy to hear that. But the real decision he made only couple of days ago.
Q: Will Fedor continue his work in Russian MMA Union?
VF: Yes, sure. Fighting wouldn't become a distraction from his post of the President of MMA Federation.
Q: What did Fedor Emelianenko told you about his possible match-ups and opponents?
VF: There's no certain information yet. The only thing he told me - is that he needed to prepare well enough, to become as dangerous as he used to be. Mentally he is ready to fight, his attitude to fighting is great. I think he has all chances to show the best version of himself.
Q: What do you think about his next fight? When will we see it?
VF: I can't tell you exactly for now. I would like him to make his first fight in Russia, of course. But this is all up to him after all. But it would be great if he makes it for his Russian fans at first. They would be happy.
Q: Will you make the third M-1 Global event with Fedor in the headline?
VF: I'd like it of course. It would be awesome to make a show in "Olimpiyskiy" as we did when he was leaving. That show gathered 22,000 spectators. That was a great present for all his fans. And then he would go abroad. This is of course, only my desire for now. I will work on it. Maybe we will make it.
Q: Who do you see as his next opponent?
VF: I think any of M-1 heavyweights would accept this fight. Actually he can face any TOP heavyweight from all over the World.
Q: How long Fedor is able to fight, at your opinion?
VF: I think couple of years easily.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:41 pm
I try to stay away from zuffaelbow but that should be the same interview. Doesn´t change the fact that Fedor owns a part of M-1 and should try to promote his company. If Fedor signs exclusively with another promotion he makes a dumb move.
fka
fka

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm
Well im sure his first fight will probly be in m1 but i honestly dont see him fighting all his fights on Russia.

If anything bellator will co-promote or just sign him since they aren't opposed to fighters taking fights outside of bellator.

As long as he has a good opponent i don't care what happens as far as promotion....im Just really happy fedor is back.

Sakakibara needs to get his feet wet or just dive back in the mma scene the stars are aligned lol
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:37 pm
I really hope he signs with Bellator.

where else does he go??? no one legit for him to face outside of that really
fka
fka

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 pm
I agree stu Smile

M1 had some good hws but sergei says he wants to help train fedor not fight him so that fights out.

Grabowski,smoldarev,tybura all could be good fights.

But i would like to be able to watch his fights live on tv lol and bellator has some good hws as well.

Wherever he goes i wish him the best!!
fka
fka

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 pm
Meant has not had....
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:18 pm
fka wrote:I agree stu Smile

Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor fighting for M-1 Global would be a great gift for Russian fans 2740359715
fka
fka

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:11 pm
After reading dagwoods intetview im definitely seeing fedor in bellator in six months or so once hes in shape.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm
No chance he goes to the UFC, unless there's massive money on offer. It'll be Bellator.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:44 pm
fka wrote:After reading dagwoods intetview im definitely seeing fedor in bellator in six months or so once hes in shape.

he'll most likely have one fight in russia i would think
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:20 pm
There aren't many competetive fights for Fedor outside of UFC and Bellator. Coker said he isn't interested (or just couldn't afford him)and Fedor isn't working as closely with Vadim.

It's looking like he is going UFC, if he does go M1 a good comeback fight would be Tybura.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum