GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights Empty Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights

Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:04 pm
Sergei Kharitonov's contract with Bellator allows him to fight in other promotions like RIZIN.  Sergei is interested in fights with Minakov and Fedor and he wants to take the Bellator heavyweight title.  Each of these fights would be very interesting.  These are the top 3 heavyweights outside UFC who could be competing head-to-head soon.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/29/11132412/kharitnov-not-signed-exclusively-to-bellator-interested-in-fedor-or-minakov-fights
Adax

Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights Empty Re: Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:47 pm
Hell yeah I'm glad he's not tied down to an exclusive contract, hopefully this will entice more Russian fighters back towards Bellator.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights Empty Re: Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm
Audax wrote:Hell yeah I'm glad he's not tied down to an exclusive contract, hopefully this will entice more Russian fighters back towards Bellator.

I agree, this is real good news. Sergei said the reason why he didn't sign with UFC was because Bellator offered a non-exclusive contract. That is a nice advantage Bellator has over UFC. Their fighters can fight in Japan and Russia in RIZIN and other orgs. and possibly in the new Bellator kickboxing promotion. More fighters could be signing to Bellator soon for these reasons as well.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Kharitonov Non-Exclusive Contract with Bellator, Interested in Fedor or Minakov Fights Empty Kharitonov to Fight in May, wants either Fedor or Minakov

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:56 pm
Though Sergei Kharitonov struck an unexpected deal with Bellator several months ago, it will not limit him from competing in his home country for various other promotions or sports.

Accoring to Kharitonov, the Bellator deal was particularly appealing because it offered far fewer restrictions than the UFC contract. However, despite Bellator referring to his deal as exclusive in their press release, Kharitonov confirmed he was free to compete elsewhere.

"Journalists wrote that the contract with Bellator was exclusive,:" Kharitonov told Tass.ru. "Actually it is not so. I signed a contract with them rather than the UFC, because I can fight in other organizations."

Kharitonov is a veteran of promotions such as PRIDE Fighting Championships, DREAM and Strikeforce, where he holds wins over the likes of current UFC champion Fabricio Werdum, as well as Andrei Arlovski, Alistar Overeem and Pedro Rizzo. He is currently on a four-fight win streak dating back three years. His last loss took place under the Strikeforce banner against Josh Barnett in the heavyweight Grand Prix semi-final in 2011. His most recent win took place in 2014 in the form of a quick TKO win against Kenny Garner.

Though open to compete wherever he may please, Kharitonov is interested in the Bellator heavyweight title. He will begin that journey on May 14, which is his scheduled debut date.

"In the coming days, my opponent will be decided. The bout is scheduled for May 14. Until then, I refused to serve in Bellator, because my friend and colleague Alexander Volkov was there Now he fights in the M-1. My goal is to become a champion in the organization."

Kharitonov also added that he is interested in a match-up against Fedor Emelianenko or Vitaly Minakov.

"I would be pleased to accept either challenge. They are excellent fighters. I would be honored to face these fighters in the ring."
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:05 pm
Sergei will be fun to watch in Bellator i wonder if they give him Bobby lashley for title eliminator?

Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:16 pm
Damn i hadn't seen this before I posted. Lol too high.

I wonder how Fedor feels about this fight being it is against a fellow countryman and all.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm
They'll probably give him a warm up fight.

Damn, sorry about double posting this thread. I hadn't seen the other one. You can delete mods
m1challengefan
m1challengefan

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:51 pm
Bellator really needed someone like Kharitonov because they have a weak HW division for the exception of Kongo and Tony Johnson jr,I think they should give him Lashley as a first opponent and also for the  fact that Kharitonov sort of has a weakness against wrestlers,so it would be nice to see if he could defend the shot of Lashley if he got past him than I say give him Kongo or Vinius.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:17 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Damn i hadn't seen this before I posted. Lol too high.

I wonder how Fedor feels about this fight being it is against a fellow countryman and all.

That's alright.

The fight makes a lot of sense and Kharitonov is willing so I hope Fedor will fight him. Been wanting to see this fight for a very long time.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:38 pm
Russia would be the perfect setting for rizin to make Fedor vs kharitonov, plus they have a lot of good Russian fighter prospects to put on a Russia vs the world type of card

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:34 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Russia would be the perfect setting for rizin to make Fedor vs kharitonov, plus they have a lot of good Russian fighter prospects to put on a Russia vs the world type of card

Definitely, I agree. This would be the time and place to do that fight for sure. I like the idea of bringing Team Fedor Russians on this card as well.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Sun May 08, 2016 3:29 pm
Does he have a match yet? Johnson would make a great first fight for him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun May 08, 2016 4:08 pm
Josh Appelt next week
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun May 08, 2016 5:02 pm
Appelt is a good matchup should be fun.
TeepToTheJunk
TeepToTheJunk

Fri May 13, 2016 10:44 pm
Shame Kharitonov is out. Get well soon.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat May 14, 2016 11:57 am
That is a shame. I've seen a photos of Kharitonov training with Aleksander Povetkin ahead of their fights, with Povetkin scheduled to face Deontay Wilder next weekend, both of them were looking in superb shape.

It is unfortunate to have to say, but Povetkin just failed a drug test for Meldonium. The presence was very low and the fight will hopefully go forward. The fight is in Russia (weaker regulation) and sanctioned by the WBC. I think it is down to the WBC and Wilder's team more or less, probably (WBC especially). The fight will hopefully go on.

It is a little suspicious of Kharitonov to pull out of his fight in the US due to undisclosed illness right after Povetkin, who he's been training with, failed a drug test.

That said, it is better to pull out than to fail a test I suppose.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat May 14, 2016 12:41 pm
nodogoshi wrote:That is a shame. I've seen a photos of Kharitonov training with Aleksander Povetkin ahead of their fights, with Povetkin scheduled to face Deontay Wilder next weekend, both of them were looking in superb shape.

It is unfortunate to have to say, but Povetkin just failed a drug test for Meldonium. The presence was very low and the fight will hopefully go forward. The fight is in Russia (weaker regulation) and sanctioned by the WBC. I think it is down to the WBC and Wilder's team more or less, probably (WBC especially). The fight will hopefully go on.

It is a little suspicious of Kharitonov to pull out of his fight in the US due to undisclosed illness right after Povetkin, who he's been training with, failed a drug test.

That said, it is better to pull out than to fail a test I suppose.

A failed test would not be good. That is an interesting point.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum