GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Dana White says the UFC offered Mark Hunt $300,000 ‘to make him go away’ Empty Dana White says the UFC offered Mark Hunt $300,000 ‘to make him go away’

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:44 pm
DANA White has revealed he offered Mark Hunt $300,000 to quit the UFC, saying: “We thought that was enough money to make him go away”.

With Hunt preparing to headline UFC Brisbane against Frank Mir this Sunday, White has opened up to Round 6 about that conversation, six years ago, when he tried to punt the hulking Sydney heavyweight.

The UFC president says he phoned Hunt, whose contract had been acquired during the Pride takeover, and offered him a retirement payout of US$300,000 — an incredible figure considering the slugger was on a losing streak stretching four years and five fights.

Worse, Hunt was guaranteed only six grand per fight if he stayed.

“So we thought 300 grand was enough to make him go away,’’ White laughs. “But you all know what happened, Mark refused.

“He told me something like ‘no way, f ... that shit. I love fighting, it’s who I am’.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/round-6-dana-white-says-the-ufc-offered-mark-hunt-400000-to-make-him-go-away/news-story/476dae8cca651f6525d27ff9c1e514f6

Last edited by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Dana White says the UFC offered Mark Hunt $300,000 ‘to make him go away’ Empty Re: Dana White says the UFC offered Mark Hunt $300,000 ‘to make him go away’

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:44 pm
So Mark Hunt as one of top PRIDE HWs was not good enough but as guy who lost 5 in row and than lost UFC debut was good enough ?

You gave 300k to a top fighter to NOT fight in UFC and you will convince me that you tried to sign Fedor!
It is obvious that UFC was afraid of PRIDE fighters  tearing apart UFC champions.
I will remind you this was at time their champion.

And than they brought Hunt in UFC to embarrass him and PRIDE but Hunt came back and kicked some ass.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Dana White says the UFC offered Mark Hunt $300,000 ‘to make him go away’ Empty Re: Dana White says the UFC offered Mark Hunt $300,000 ‘to make him go away’

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 pm
I doubt that is even true. No way he would offer someone $300,000 to retire when their base pay was $6,000. Dana lying like he always does.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:15 pm
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:So Mark Hunt as one of top PRIDE HWs was not good enough but as guy who lost 5 in row and than lost UFC debut was good enough ?

You gave 300k to a top fighter to NOT fight in UFC and you will convince me that you tried to sign Fedor!
It is obvious that UFC was afraid of PRIDE fighters  tearing apart UFC champions.
I will remind you this was at time their champion.

And than they brought Hunt in UFC to embarrass him and PRIDE but Hunt came back and kicked some ass.
True i say and man i hope hunts knocks mir out he is talking shit about pride again i can't stand that guy ever notice the ones who talk shit about pride or japanese mma {the fighters} are the ones who never fought there ?  i suppose it is easy to talk shit when you  never fought there . 

Fedor record against guys that fight/fought in the ufc it;s 19 -4 and 1 nc that is his real record against them if you add it all together noy just champ vs  champ .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum