GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights

+7
fka
Dagwood
stu3ufc
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Brock Rogers
nodogoshi
Rizin=PRIDEFC
11 posters
Go down
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights Empty Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:29 am
An issue that the UFC has been having with fans in recent years in the rapid increase in the number of fights put on every year. It went from there being roughly one fight a month in 2005, to having 33 fights in 2013, to what will be 50 fights this year. Many fight fans feel that the over production of fights leads to more watered down and uninteresting fight cards.

When Dana White spoke to 5th Round, he made it perfectly clear that he does not feel the same way, and has some advice for those complaining about too many cards and smaller weight classes being in the spotlight.

“So it’s my job to make everybody in the whole f—ing world watch a fight?” asked White. It’s an impossible job … Demetrious Johnson is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. Like Joe Rogan says, he’s the fastest fighter in the sport, and a lot of other great attributes. You’re either a fight fan and you want to watch this guy fight, or you don’t. There’s a certain amount of people that do, there’s a certain amount of people that don’t. We’re doing 50 fights a year.
“It did well, for a division they say that sucks.”.
“Demetrious will headline another pay-per-view, he’s the champion. He could fight on FOX, too. Cain Velasquez fought on FOX. Anybody could fight on FOX. Anybody could fight on pay-per-view.
“Demetrious Johnson is not a problem. I know it’s fun to talk about. It’s fun to try to say, ‘Demetrious doesn’t sell.’ Demetrious does sell. There’s a group of people that want to watch Demetrious fight, and they bought that pay-per-view. There’s a group of people that don’t want to watch him fight. Then you don’t watch him fight. We have a lot of fights. You can handpick which ones you want to watch and which ones you don’t want to watch.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-its-not-my-job-to-make-the-whole-f-world-watch-fights/

Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights 1850251343

That is exactly your job!!! Give me one normal healthy person which would not at least sometimes watch MMA!

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights Empty Re: Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 am
I can't read this crap.

It's a testament to the non-sport nature of MMA that anybody that has talent for writing doesn't write about MMA.

For example:

'over production of fights'?

Why don't we just start talking about the fact, that there is a fighting glut in the world of MMA today?  Laughing 

We must organize to do something about this chronic problem of overaccumulation of MMA capital.
Brock Rogers

Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights Empty Re: Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
You can handpick which ones you want to watch and which ones you don’t want to watch.

Fucking lol. A promoter so dumb he tells the audience that they should go ahead and skip their events and tune in every now and hen when they care.

Guess what Dana, when people start skipping events they usually don't stop. How about cutting your schedule in half and giving us 2 events a month that I actually want to watch instead of 4 events with like 6 total fights I care about.

Somehow Dana has taken the largest, most talented roster in mma history and made it into their greatest weakness. Excellent work.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:36 pm
UFC is seriously garbage right now. They are a monopoly and their trashy product is incredibly over-saturated.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Brock Rogers wrote:You can handpick which ones you want to watch and which ones you don’t want to watch.

you have to sit through 3-4 hours of shit for one fight you do want to see! not only that but two times in a fucking day LOL  Rolling LMAO 

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:UFC is seriously garbage right now. They are a monopoly and their trashy product is incredibly over-saturated.

Sweet Peeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa!!!  Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights 2750705302 
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 pm
If he's not trying to make every person in the world a fan then why literally jam ufc programming down their throats whether it be one of the ten tuf internationals or just tuf or the near weekly super watered down cards or recently 2 ppvs a month.

Why not cater to the hardcores you know the only people who may give half a wet fart for the one good fight on every card.

No instead its near random matchmaking and addition after addition of guys no one knows to fill fight card.
SRC
SRC

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 pm
Well, in a way it's true. He's supposed to make a certain North American demographic watch fights. Not the entire world. It is his job to get as many people to watch though.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm
SRC wrote:Well, in a way it's true. He's supposed to make a certain North American demographic watch fights. Not the entire world. It is his job to get as many people to watch though.

Dana White: ‘It’s not my job to make the whole f******* world watch fights Tmyk
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 pm
I take Dana's advice all the time. I skip almost every event.
fka
fka

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 pm
Yeah src but Dana on a regular basis talks about global expansion(domination)and with all the tuf internationals how popular ufc is and how people all over the world are begging fir events in their home town/country .....

Meanwhile attendences,buy rates,ppv draws(starpower),& general interest in its own domestic market is plateud if not dwindling.

They act like they are focusing on global expansion to take heat off its recent domestic failures.weidman /rousey ppv was the best offering we've had in months,and this ppv lost a fight and had a head scratcher on ppv instead of faber and overall wasn't even a stellar card.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:13 pm
With every day that passes I'm more and more happy with my decision to not watch or support Zuffa mma.

rezin
rezin

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 am
I haven't seen a ufc since ufc 1.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 am
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:With every day that passes I'm more and more happy with my decision to not watch or support Zuffa mma.

me too! I haven't watched the past 4 events
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 am
stu3ufc wrote:
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:With every day that passes I'm more and more happy with my decision to not watch or support Zuffa mma.

me too! I haven't watched the past 4 events

I watch single fights.

If there's some good boxing on and it ends in time and the UFC main event looks interesting, I'll try to catch it.

Or otherwise, I'll try to watch the fight after the fact, given an interesting fight.

I don't waste my time tuning into UFC cards anymore.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:40 am
nodogoshi wrote:
I watch single fights.

If people only uploaded single fights instead of full events on the tracker sites I'd probably pick and choose also. but TBH I am so tired of MMA in general I've stopped watching everything
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:52 am
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
I watch single fights.

If people only uploaded single fights instead of full events on the tracker sites I'd probably pick and choose also. but TBH I am so tired of MMA in general I've stopped watching everything

I'm with you on that.

What I mean really is that there are sometimes single fights which interest me.

I don't even know, or give a shit about, who most fighters are these days.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:35 pm
last single fight i watched was Hioki vs Charles do Bronx
fka
fka

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:43 pm
I watch events that other people pay for LOL

Invite friends for a party and 5 or 10 each I watch for free but certain events even I don't bother watching just single fight recaps.
SRC
SRC

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:39 pm
*posts in global-mma forum, doesn't watch mma
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 pm
SRC wrote:*posts in global-mma forum, doesn't watch mma

Zuffa MMA is not really worth going out of your way for.

I watch it when it's on, and I have nothing better to do.

But, it's usually on at the same time as boxing, and I won't watch Ultimate FC over boxing. Not worth it, by any stretch.

Also, in my timezone we are talking about Sunday morning/afternoon.

If there are no good boxing cards on, and only Ultimate FC, I'm not going to waste my day watching that crap. I have better things to do than sit back and have Joe Rogan scream in my face.

I get much more amped about a OneFC card, a Bellator card, a Battle of Moscow card, a Wulinfen card, etc.
fka
fka

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:08 pm
Literally ANY org I can pay for and watch on my TV I do....

Including bareknuckle boxing,and that country vs country mma thing they had.

Or if its free like kotc(very rarely worth watching),bellator, wsof bit I don't have axs TV so I can't watch mfc and rfa.

But for cards that I can't watch live on TV I will usually watch single fights I found interesting IR atleast research results.

I'm an mma junkie I love it if I could and it were possible I'd watch every org every day Smile

Boxing ....couldn't care less

Glory Kickboxing now were talking a real standup fight.boxing is so singularly dimensional I just can't get into it.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum