GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

I just talked to Fedor's Dutch Kickboxing Coach Empty I just talked to Fedor's Dutch Kickboxing Coach

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 pm
I literally just had this conversation with Fedor Dutch Kickboxing Coach:

Kinosis: Hello Sir, did Fedor train with you for his fight with Maldonado?

Peter Teijsse: No sir with his coaches from Russia. I dont know why but ok

Kinosis: Ah, he looked a lot like he did against Bigfoot and Henderson, not as technical as when he trains with you. If he continues to fight I hope he comes back to train with you. Thank you for your response Sir

Peter Teijsse: He did IT The Russian way. Stupid And OLd training

Kinosis: I like the Holland way! Dutch Kickboxing all the way!

Peter Teijsse: I did always my best also for The Singh fight, i go to Japan but couldent coached him in The corner. Thank you sir good Night osu

Kinosis: Good night to you as well Sir
Kinosis
Kinosis

I just talked to Fedor's Dutch Kickboxing Coach Empty Re: I just talked to Fedor's Dutch Kickboxing Coach

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:05 pm
His coaches from Russia are who trained him for the Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo losses and he fights like a sloppy brawler. He looked fantastic when he trained in Holland with sharp combinations and gameplans. If he isn't going to train in Holland I hope he retires again.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

I just talked to Fedor's Dutch Kickboxing Coach Empty Re: I just talked to Fedor's Dutch Kickboxing Coach

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:44 pm
I understand Fedor's loyalty but I hope he isn't getting lazy comfortable and complacent enough to ignore that there are many great gyms to train outside of Russia. He needs to train in a modern mma gym like Jacksons. Doubt he will go though.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:52 pm
That's the weird thing, he had been going to Holland to train. I don't know why he didn't this time, neither did Peter. And for some reason they didn't let Peter corner him on NYE either but Fedor still trained there for at least a month.

If you go back and watch the NYE fight in Rizin, Fedor looked better physically as well. Thicker, more muscles. I know in Holland they have him on a certain diet and have him lifting weights. He came in lighter this time as well and had less muscle mass. He looked almost like Strikeforce Fedor.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:53 am
Interesting...thanks for sharing this.

Hopefully Fedor finds the right mix for his training.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:14 am
^It's odd to me he seemed to train harder for Jaideep than he did for Maldonado. For Jaideep he went to Holland for a month and when he did the rest of his training in Russia he brought in Minakov to train with.

For Maldonado, he stayed in Russia the whole time and just trained with his students. I'm guessing he either thought Maldonado would be an easy fight and didn't put in the work or as someone else mentioned, perhaps he just couldn't get away (and perhaps Minakov couldn't come there). But I just find it odd he had a better camp for Jaideep than he did for Maldonado when Fedor himself said Maldonado was a step up in competition.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:55 pm
This is why Jaideep was a bad idea, it have Fedor a false sense of security. Hopefully this was a wake up call. Good next fight v Bedorf.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:22 pm
^Yeah, you could be right. I think Fedor thought this was going to be easy and didn't put in the work he should have. Oh well, yeah, hopefully it was a wake up call. Better to learn the lesson now than against a top 10 guy.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:21 pm
"He did IT The Russian way. Stupid And OLd training" LOL
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:03 pm
I think he underestimated Maldonado as well. He should have taken that fight to the ground early. Hope he trains hard and smart for his remaining fights.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:44 pm
stu3ufc wrote:"He did IT The Russian way. Stupid And OLd training" LOL

Friggin tradionalism, he should be forward thinking about his training.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:51 pm
^He has been, until this last fight. I think he just under estimated Maldonado and was expecting to KO him quick. Still, it's a bit worrying that he didn't switch gameplans when the strike with him thing didn't work.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm
Kinosis wrote:^He has been, until this last fight.  I think he just under estimated Maldonado and was expecting to KO him quick.  Still, it's a bit worrying that he didn't switch gameplans when the strike with him thing didn't work.  

Agreed.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:21 pm
Well the next logical step is a rematch I guess.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum