GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Venator FC goes on hiatus (not making any money) Empty Venator FC goes on hiatus (not making any money)

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 pm
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Venator FC goes on hiatus (not making any money) Empty Re: Venator FC goes on hiatus (not making any money)

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:20 am
no shit lol
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Venator FC goes on hiatus (not making any money) Empty Re: Venator FC goes on hiatus (not making any money)

Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:52 pm
Did Bellator do good with their event in Italy? May need to have experienced US, Euro, or Asian orgs grow the sport their first prior to an org. Venator is trying to be showing up.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:37 pm
Bellator did very well in italy 13,000 in attendance and did $1,027,536 (USD) live gate averaged 580,000 viewers.

Bellator is returning to Italy soon.....

Venator was bound to fail hiring guys like mayhem and loading up huge payouts....no surprise they blew their wad early lol.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:54 pm
yeah but the bellator event was co-promoted with a kickboxing event beforehand... (dont recall the name but its an Italian event that had Giorgio on)

can MMA stand alone in Italy just yet? or does it need real stand up fighting to pull in the audience?

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:07 pm
fka wrote:Bellator did very well in italy 13,000 in attendance and did $1,027,536 (USD) live gate averaged 580,000 viewers.

Bellator is returning to Italy soon.....

Venator was bound to fail hiring guys like mayhem and loading up huge payouts....no surprise they blew their wad early lol.

Yeah, I thought they did well. That's good they'll be going back.

Looks like Venator probably just needs to adjust their game plan if they want to continue in the MMA business.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:11 pm
stu3ufc wrote:yeah but the bellator event was co-promoted with a kickboxing event beforehand... (dont recall the name but its an Italian event that had Giorgio on)

can MMA stand alone in Italy just yet? or does it need real stand up fighting to pull in the audience?

I think it could stand on it's own if done correctly. If adding in the stand-up fights helps then that may be the way for some cards. MMA is a culmination of fight sports so it is cool having some kickboxing, boxing, grappling,..., thrown into MMA cards here and there. I look forward to cards like that.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 pm
Oktagon kickboxing was the copromotion stu they are an up and coming company im sure some people showed up for georgi but bellator put on a good show with alessio sakara who drew a good amount of people.

Bellator is smart when doing international events and made great profits.

Bellator kickboxing is getting better views as well slowly increasing meaning more mixed fight events will be coming.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:08 pm
yes I agree! co-promoting with local promoters who know the market is the best thing to do

Venator went in their and blew their load of the first event! just a terrible strategy.

I always hoped Bellator would go to Brazil...seems like Israel is next
Adax

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:25 am
stu3ufc wrote:yes I agree! co-promoting with local promoters who know the market is the best thing to do

Venator went in their and blew their load of the first event! just a terrible strategy.

Bellator is WAY overdue for a show in Brazil.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:32 am
Audax wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:yes I agree! co-promoting with local promoters who know the market is the best thing to do

Bellator is WAY overdue for a show in Brazil.

That's true. Maybe they are planning that as part of their international shows. Right now it seems like they are heading into areas UFC has yet to explore like Italy and Israel.
KakutogiBoomBap
KakutogiBoomBap

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:54 am
I can't say I'm shocked lol maybe try to build up your local talent instead of booking fights that don't do nothing for you in the long run.

Besides, I think Italy is a hard sell in itself. I do know kickboxing and Muay Thai have a little following there though.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:45 am
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:I can't say I'm shocked lol maybe try to build up your local talent instead of booking fights that don't do nothing for you in the long run.

Besides, I think Italy is a hard sell in itself. I do know kickboxing and Muay Thai have a little following there though.

Yeah, they definitely need a different game plan to be successful there.  They should also follow the Bellator route when they held their successful event.
KakutogiBoomBap
KakutogiBoomBap

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:37 pm
CDF47 wrote:
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:I can't say I'm shocked lol maybe try to build up your local talent instead of booking fights that don't do nothing for you in the long run.

Yeah, they definitely need a different game plan to be successful there.  They should also follow the Bellator route when they held their successful event.

Yeah, try to build up their locals. If they are going to book TUF rejects and a few names might as well put them against your locals and roll the dice.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 pm
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Yeah, try to build up their locals. If they are going to book TUF rejects and a few names might as well put them against your locals and roll the dice.

Agreed
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:50 am
This whole thing was like a mini-Affliction.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum