GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Retired UFC fighter Chris Leben says he was spending all the money he was making on 'illegal drugs'  Empty Retired UFC fighter Chris Leben says he was spending all the money he was making on 'illegal drugs'

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm
"It really is better now. The bottom line is, especially with all the illegal drugs, I was spending all the money I was making anyways. Six in one, half dozen in the other. I used to fight, the way I fought, I didn't give a shit. ‘Fuck this, I could die tomorrow, let's go out there and I'm gonna fucking kill this guy!' That fire, I'd be lying if I said that fire was still in me these past couple fights. It hasn't been. I hate to admit it, but shit's going okay at home. My life's alright. I'm a lot more of a mellow guy. Just getting older I guess. I don't even know. I don't know how to explain it."
Leben was arrested for DUI in 2008 and served a 35 day sentence. In 2009 he failed a post-fight drug test for the steroid stanozolol. In 2010 he was arrested in Hawaii for suspicion of DUI after a one-car accident. In 2011 Leben failed another drug test, this time for the pain killers oxycodone and oxymorphone.

Leben talked to Bloody Elbow's Trent Reinsmith in December and discussed his battles with recovery:

"I've been over two years without taking a pain pill, which was my hugest issue. I don't drink any more. I have made a couple mistakes on drinking, but I'm a non-drinker now, and I don't (drink).

I just take it one step, one day at a time. I've really had to make some huge changes about who I surround myself with and who my friends are, who I reach out to for support. The guys at Alliance all know what's going on with me, and everybody's been so supportive of where I'm at with that."
Bloody elbow.com
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Retired UFC fighter Chris Leben says he was spending all the money he was making on 'illegal drugs'  Empty Re: Retired UFC fighter Chris Leben says he was spending all the money he was making on 'illegal drugs'

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:12 pm
funny how dana was willing to cut tito over his alleged bust up with jenna but allowed chris leben to continually break the law. others being cut for other smaller reasons.

drunk driving and is probably one of the worst things u can do
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum