GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying

+5
westcott123
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
CDF47
Rocksoldier84
Hamilcar
9 posters
Go down
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying Empty Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:34 am
https://imgur.com/a/7H3vt These are the messages he posted. Pretty much, the UFC admitted to him that they aren't promoting his division, they won't give him ppv points (SERIOUSLY?!??!?!?! I thought all the champions got points?!?!?!?) and Dana's bullying tactics about him fighting TJ.

This makes me angry. DJ is about the only fighter left in the UFC that I watch. He really is the best they got, and who I believe is the greatest in the sport. Why they are not promoting him, I don't know.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying Empty Re: Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am
You got to like how Dana blames fighters for not catching on when he's the promoter. What is he paid for at this point?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying Empty Re: Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:40 pm
Seems like Johnson is getting screwed over. I read most the article on Sherdog and doesn't sound good for him. He should try to leave and go elsewhere.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 am
DJ think hes can't sell ppv. it his job to market himself . it not  the promotion job. Promotion need a  fighter who has it factor. If you can draw ppv point then you have Leverage about how mount purse. In boxing if you are the biggest draw and you are fighting a boxer who cant' draw shit then you have right on purse.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:49 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:DJ think hes can't sell ppv. it his job to market himself . it not  the promotion job. Promotion need a  fighter who has it factor. If you can draw ppv point then you have Leverage about how mount purse. In boxing if you are the biggest draw and you are fighting a boxer who cant' draw shit then you have right on purse.

Johnson wants better fights in order to draw in PPV points. He wants to fight fighters like Garbrant and Dillashaw. UFC told him he isn't getting any PPV points now and he will fight who he is told.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:41 am
CDF47 wrote:
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:DJ think hes can't sell ppv. it his job to market himself . it not  the promotion job. Promotion need a  fighter who has it factor. If you can draw ppv point then you have Leverage about how mount purse. In boxing if you are the biggest draw and you are fighting a boxer who cant' draw shit then you have right on purse.

Johnson wants better fights in order to draw in PPV points.  He wants to fight fighters like Garbrant and Dillashaw.  UFC told him he isn't getting any PPV points now and he will fight who he is told.
you have to hit certain number amount of ppv inorder to get ppv point. There is conditions. I can see why UFC doesn't wanted give him ppv point because of his background who doesn't draw. There isn't many ppv in boxing because lack of star.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:09 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Johnson wants better fights in order to draw in PPV points.  He wants to fight fighters like Garbrant and Dillashaw.  UFC told him he isn't getting any PPV points now and he will fight who he is told.
you have to hit certain number amount of ppv inorder to get ppv point. There is conditions. I can see why UFC doesn't wanted give him ppv point because of his background who doesn't draw. There isn't many ppv in boxing because lack of star.

Johnson's point is that he can draw PPV points against the right fighters like Garbrant and Dillashaw.  Those fights will sell and Johnson could get his PPV points with fights like that.  Johnson fights to finish and has been a great champ and deserves fights like these that should pay well.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:28 pm
Also the ignorant fans as well calling DJ s pussy for not fighting TJ even though he has not earned a shot at flyweight he hasn't even fought at flyweight ,Yet these are the same people who bitched about GSP cutting in line talk about fucking hypocrisy .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm
westcott123 wrote:Also the ignorant fans as well calling DJ s pussy for not fighting TJ even though he has not earned a shot at flyweight he hasn't even fought at flyweight ,Yet these are the same people who bitched about GSP cutting in line talk about fucking hypocrisy .

I agree, that is hypocritical.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:17 pm
I'm happy I don't watch UFC.

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:34 pm
westcott123 wrote:Also the ignorant fans as well calling DJ s pussy for not fighting TJ even though he has not earned a shot at flyweight he hasn't even fought at flyweight ,Yet these are the same people who bitched about GSP cutting in line talk about fucking hypocrisy .

Cause these fans can't think for themselves. If Dana wants it then they feel he should get it.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Cause these fans can't think for themselves.

Some can't,..., this is true.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:16 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Oh, I wasn't talking about MMA fans who love UFC. I'm talking about the zombies.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Oh, I wasn't talking about MMA fans who love UFC. I'm talking about the zombies.

If Dana said jump they would say how high ? DJ said in his interview with Ariel that his legacy is his kids not belts rankings and money and PPV points
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:36 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Me too, zombies and shills

Last edited by CDF47 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:37 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

If Dana said jump they would say how high ? DJ said in his interview with Ariel that his legacy is his kids not belts rankings and money and PPV points

They jump as high as he says all the time.  I like that DJ is standing up to this and trying to get the fights and the pay he wants and deserves as a P4P elite fighter.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:50 am
DJ vs. TJ is the fight to make right now in my opinion for DJ.  Make it for the FLW title and get DJ some good PPV points.  Stack the card too for him.  Maybe this could be a co-main.  

That should be a win-win-win-win for everyone (DJ, TJ, UFC, and fans) and TJ is ready for it.  UFC Tonight show goes into good detail on this.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:03 am
I barely watch the ufc at all anymore; when I do it's just a fight here or there (with old school fighters who were in Pride mostly). I'd glad they have been falling from grace over the last few years and more fighters are standing up against them.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:51 pm
CDF47 wrote:DJ vs. TJ is the fight to make right now in my opinion for DJ.  Make it for the FLW title and get DJ some good PPV points.  Stack the card too for him.  Maybe this could be a co-main.  

That should be a win-win-win-win for everyone (DJ, TJ, UFC, and fans) and TJ is ready for it.  UFC Tonight show goes into good detail on this.

DJ/TJ isn't the fight to make at least not in Flyweight. First of all, Dillashaw has done absolutely nothing to earn a title shot and who knows if he even makes weight. DJ has basically cleaned out his division but putting him with a former Bantamweight Champion who has never fought in the division isn't the way to go. DJ is absolutely right. Let Dillashaw fight once and see if he can make weight. If he wins and prove he can make weight, then give him the title shot. Right now, he comes off as trying to weasel his way in cause he lost his opportunity at Bantamweight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:DJ vs. TJ is the fight to make right now in my opinion for DJ.  Make it for the FLW title and get DJ some good PPV points.  Stack the card too for him.  Maybe this could be a co-main.  

DJ/TJ isn't the fight to make at least not in Flyweight. First of all, Dillashaw has done absolutely nothing to earn a title shot and who knows if he even makes weight. DJ has basically cleaned out his division but putting him with a former Bantamweight Champion who has never fought in the division isn't the way to go. DJ is absolutely right. Let Dillashaw fight once and see if he can make weight. If he wins and prove he can make weight, then give him the title shot. Right now, he comes off as trying to weasel his way in cause he lost his opportunity at Bantamweight.

TJ guaranteed he would make weight and it is the best fight to make right now with Garbrant out.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 pm
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:UFC getting some hate.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/72/68/52/shot-210.jpg

Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying Shot-210

That is quite a bit. I read most of them.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

TJ guaranteed he would make weight and it is the best fight to make right now with Garbrant out.  

Still I think tj should have a fight at 125 to prove he can make the weight and is able to fight at that weight class without gassing or looking like a skeleton.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Still I think tj should have a fight at 125 to prove he can make the weight and is able to fight at that weight class without gassing or looking like a skeleton.

That would make sense too but I think DJ is looking for PPV points and a big fight now and right now this is the biggest that can be made for him.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:48 pm
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:UFC getting some hate.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/72/68/52/shot-210.jpg

Demetrious Johnson Opens up about Dana's Bullying Shot-210

That is awesome. I love seeing this.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum