GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
westcott123
westcott123

Pfl buys bellator  Empty Pfl buys bellator

Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:28 pm
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Professional-Fighters-League-Officially-Announces-Acquisition-of-Bellator-MMA-191789

It has been officially confirmed pfl has bought bellator with paramount owning a small share so will see if it is still running or that bellator will be absorbed into the pfl roster.
It looks like Bellator will be around for at least 2 years
Bellator champ vs pfl champ is on the cards
Hmm I wonder if they would still do a cross promotion with Rizin ? Probably not.
Unsurprisingly ufc fans are already down playing it.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Pfl buys bellator  Empty Re: Pfl buys bellator

Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:18 pm
I think it'll be like UFC's purchase of Strikeforce or WEC where it was it's own thing for awhile before being absorbed. It'll be sad but at least UFC didn't buy another promotion out.

What do you expect from the UFC zombies?
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:55 am
The only reason the ufc didn't buy bellator was because of that anti trust lawsuit if they didn't have that hanging over their head i think they would've especially to get people like aj mckee , usman nurmagomedov, patchy mix, raufeon stots and especially vadim nemkov.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:50 pm
https://youtu.be/PtzX8-p2KDg?si=DEoHcZwncy4TFfh7

Here is the interview between donn Davis and helwani. He definitely has a lot of grand ideas and a big vision he is definitely right about dana in that when dana is worried about a competitor he definitely starts to try and down play that promotion.

Rocksoldier84 likes this post

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:05 am
westcott123 wrote:The only reason the ufc didn't buy bellator was because of that anti trust lawsuit if they didn't have that hanging over their head i think they would've especially to get people like aj mckee , usman nurmagomedov, patchy mix, raufeon stots and especially vadim nemkov.

Sadly, I agree. Also, buying out promotions is how UFC gets stronger and gets new stars.

westcott123 likes this post

westcott123
westcott123

Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:00 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:The only reason the ufc didn't buy bellator was because of that anti trust lawsuit if they didn't have that hanging over their head i think they would've especially to get people like aj mckee , usman nurmagomedov, patchy mix, raufeon stots and especially vadim nemkov.

Sadly, I agree. Also, buying out promotions is how UFC gets stronger and gets new stars.

Definitely after all the ufc only became top dog because pride which was the biggest promotion collapsed (despite what ufc revionist say) yeah the ufc got lucky in that regard. As for stars the ufc was never that good at making stars that's why they buy promotion to get their stars and of course eliminate the competition they want to be the only one's around as for why people want the ufc to be the only one around I have no idea even today i don't get the logic.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:49 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Definitely after all the ufc only became top dog because pride which was the biggest promotion collapsed (despite what ufc revionist say)  yeah the ufc got lucky in that regard. As for stars the ufc was never that good at making stars that's why they buy promotion to get their stars and of course eliminate the competition they want to be the only one's around as for why people want the ufc to be the only one around I have no idea even today i don't get the logic.

Honestly, when you look at UFC's success and Dana White as a promoter, it's mostly been good luck. From 2001-2005, the UFC had little success and lost $44 million. Even they admit The Ultimate Fighter was a last ditch resort. By the way, interviews before the show reveal White was against doing it cause he hated reality shows. So if he had his way, the UFC wouldn't be where it is.

From there, it was controlling the media under their thumb and making them carry their water whether it be allowing White to have softball interviews or allowing him to bury other companies and sometimes joining in all the while 99% of Top Ten rankings were UFC fighters. Meanwhile, other companies would collapse with nothing to do with UFC. PRIDE fell due to their dirty laundry getting aired. EliteXC put their eggs in the Kimbo Slice basket. Strikeforce lost their CBS deal due to the Nashville Brawl and later were sold to the UFC because Scott Coker got in bed with the wrong investors. Bellator did fine for a long time but then got worse and worse TV deals while Viacom also suffered financial issues which saw them sell to PFL.

The only talent Dana White has is somehow manipulating people into think only he can run the UFC like he's this genius promoter with the midas touch.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:46 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Definitely after all the ufc only became top dog because pride which was the biggest promotion collapsed (despite what ufc revionist say)  yeah the ufc got lucky in that regard. As for stars the ufc was never that good at making stars that's why they buy promotion to get their stars and of course eliminate the competition they want to be the only one's around as for why people want the ufc to be the only one around I have no idea even today i don't get the logic.

Honestly, when you look at UFC's success and Dana White as a promoter, it's mostly been good luck. From 2001-2005, the UFC had little success and lost $44 million. Even they admit The Ultimate Fighter was a last ditch resort. By the way, interviews before the show reveal White was against doing it cause he hated reality shows. So if he had his way, the UFC wouldn't be where it is.

From there, it was controlling the media under their thumb and making them carry their water whether it be allowing White to have softball interviews or allowing him to bury other companies and sometimes joining in all the while 99% of Top Ten rankings were UFC fighters. Meanwhile, other companies would collapse with nothing to do with UFC. PRIDE fell due to their dirty laundry getting aired. EliteXC put their eggs in the Kimbo Slice basket. Strikeforce lost their CBS deal due to the Nashville Brawl and later were sold to the UFC because Scott Coker got in bed with the wrong investors. Bellator did fine for a long time but then got worse and worse TV deals while Viacom also suffered financial issues which saw them sell to PFL.

The only talent Dana White has is somehow manipulating people into think only he can run the UFC like he's this genius promoter with the midas touch.

He has definitely done a good job at that I mean all you have to do is go on any other social media platform anything that even remotely implies that you'll get "without dana they're is no ufc and bs like that" did dana play a huge part in the ufc success? Yeah he did but the whole notion of him being a one man army is asinine in my opinion what about the fighters the fertittas the crew that ran spike TV hell what about the fans who put their hard earned money to buy ppv and merchandise and all that? People acting like dana isn't worried about pfl/bellator need to get their heads checked. Hell if one championship starts making waves in the ufc or rizin gains traction and becomes as popular as pride was hell pride has been gone nearly 20 years in my opinion it is still the most beloved promotion ever. You will get the same" they suck from dana pretending he isn't worried.

Rocksoldier84 likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum