GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aleks to fight at Bushido FC

+14
ZuffaKiller
Crow Foot
Starving Hobo
Kinosis
Wolfman
Dagwood
Van Halen MMA
rezin
RussianTopTeam
Dorch
KSW
Dapperdoo
Frank Hill
brace
18 posters
Go down
Deadarmour
Deadarmour

Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Aleks to fight at Bushido FC

Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:47 am
marchegiano wrote:it's happened a few times so I'll just go a head and comment on it. I dunno what a goofy head is supposed to mean. Y'all have a habit of making points and not wanting to elaborate on said point. Instead I get goofy faced. this time it's seperate user from the direction of my OP...so I could have simply made a mistake here, but still I've questions for the type of person wh would goofy face someone. Goofy face is not a response, and when I go to Europe I get goofy faced from the safety of cars by younger adults and teen-agers. Pop-Eye face to be exact. Now when I ask at the local Warstiener people want to act like they don't know what I'm talking about and postulate that I as an American think of some German and Holland faces as goofy, but was never directed at me. Now they undoubtedly are, and in electrical format to boot. What gives? Y'all ought to know by now I don't care about insults and what have you.....but the not knowing my fuck it drives me crazy. I go back to Germany in Feb.....I might just go about hulk smashing their tiny shops and stupid wooden cart bazaars I dunno......I'll say this next popeye face I get with out explanation I will reach out and smack a bitch. just fucking call me some insult in English for fucks sake......and mayo is not that fucking good......
Hahahahaha

I don't think anyone means anything malicious by a goofy face, there is no insult or hidden meaning there

I dunno, I mean.... are you serious? No-one ever do that in the US?
Just being friendly I would think... :bobsapp:

Or, you know... a picture speaks a thousand words

Could be a facial expression you don't recognize... I remember Crocop does an expression I've seen other people from Eastern Europe do, but not seen in the UK...
Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 Mirko-filipovic
Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 Mirkoandwife
A little like this... though not exactly (the mouth shows disgust, while the eyes are happy) as far as I can interpret it seems to be a contemplative/thoughtful look or showing respect/approval Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 3973136183

http://www.newswise.com/articles/perception-of-facial-expressions-differs-across-cultures
KSW
KSW

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:08 am
marchegiano wrote:it's happened a few times so I'll just go a head and comment on it. I dunno what a goofy head is supposed to mean. Y'all have a habit of making points and not wanting to elaborate on said point. Instead I get goofy faced. this time it's seperate user from the direction of my OP...so I could have simply made a mistake here, but still I've questions for the type of person wh would goofy face someone. Goofy face is not a response, and when I go to Europe I get goofy faced from the safety of cars by younger adults and teen-agers. Pop-Eye face to be exact. Now when I ask at the local Warstiener people want to act like they don't know what I'm talking about and postulate that I as an American think of some German and Holland faces as goofy, but was never directed at me. Now they undoubtedly are, and in electrical format to boot. What gives? Y'all ought to know by now I don't care about insults and what have you.....but the not knowing my fuck it drives me crazy. I go back to Germany in Feb.....I might just go about hulk smashing their tiny shops and stupid wooden cart bazaars I dunno......I'll say this next popeye face I get with out explanation I will reach out and smack a bitch. just fucking call me some insult in English for fucks sake......and mayo is not that fucking good......
You said "what talent?" and Kinosis answered with a smile. There is nothing more to it.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:42 pm
Maybe he used the Barnett's busted face because aleks unleashed his punches to it during their fight. Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 1353611630
Starving Hobo
Starving Hobo

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:35 pm
Wolfman wrote:Maybe he used the Barnett's busted face because aleks unleashed his punches to it during their fight. Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 1353611630

That was my guess too...
brace
brace

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:53 pm

people give you a "goofy face" because your argument does not warrant a legit response so no need to cry about it..

if you don't think Aleks is a talented HW, I suggest watching his run in Pride..
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:13 am

A Merry Christmas to you.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:53 am
Wolfman wrote:Maybe he used the Barnett's busted face because aleks unleashed his punches to it during their fight. Aleks to fight at Bushido FC - Page 3 1353611630

lol, yup, thats exactly why I used it. Alex messed his face up, which takes talent.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 pm
lol, well thats a bit embarrassing eh? I didn't mean to come off so aggressive, but I am glad I asked. I was indeed taking it as my friend brace gently put it. More of a brush-off because my inquiry was less than descriptive. I apologize for the misunderstanding, derailing the subject, and the linking to what I've taken as unpleasant euro-faces (not an insult) .....the mayo bit I'm sticking too......mayonnaise with everything c'mon?.....Louisiana hot sauce my friends.

Deadarmour- yeah, very good point. That's basically what the locals of Hannover tell me when i've got to make those trips. I guess I was checking with people who have no reason to be nice......Kurt Russell is the man.

Wolfman- Way to fucking bring the knowledge. I hope you at least got a good laugh. Ditto to Hobo

Nodogoshi- Thanks buddy.

Johan- your a cool dude, and have a leadership quality to your posts. I know that's pretty irrelevant to this thread, but really thats what I got from your posts. Kind of a calm like a bomb feel....

Lastly, even when I wrote the face whining message I wasn't angry about it. I think my frustration with lack of communication effected the whole mood of the post, and translated a bit more anger toward the poster himself than I had intended. I never meant to seem upset with Kinosis just upset with the lack of understanding behind the post. Me complaining just proved my ignorance and necessity for homie to clarify. I will watch that shit.....

P.S. pun intended...I like shitty puns. but incase it didn't translate. I will both watch Aleks display some skills on Josh's face, and my ignorances getting in the way of a good flow of decent posting. I really didn't mean for it to be a big thing.

Last edited by marchegiano on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ps part....you knew that.)
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 am
Yo, Rocky. Good thing you got calm and recognized your mistake. That's something admirable.

BTW, people here usually know each other since we all came from the same place, so it is normal for us to not elaborate too much. That might confuse the new guys but ok. You're free to ask anything.

Now about Aleks. The guy busted Barnett's face, fought Crocop standing and landed good shots, raped Kharitonov, among other things. You can see he had a tremendous boxing and solid ground game. Even Fedor said his brother had more talent than him, but just does not train as much. All that things combined with the fact that he really disappeared from the scene, even being so young and lazy and doing well against the big dogs, made everyone wonder how could this guy could be if he actually took things seriously as Fedor does and kept evolving.

In case you'll watch his fights, don't forget to take a look at his bout againt Ricardo Morais. I just love that KO and want everybody to see it. Laughing
marchegiano
marchegiano

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:48 am
Yes, dude. That's exactly what I wanted. You can't really just look at a fella's record and go "that one there that had to be a good fight. I better hunt it down" I used to think you could, but after wasting so much effort hunting down boring and lackluster finishes I've learned to not go that route. I will find the Morais fight, and will be watching the Barnett right after I post this post here.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:08 am
I use the record only to know who he fought. The way to know how a fighter is, is to watching his fights, be wins or losses and judge by their performance, specially in the biggest fights.

People look at a loss on the record and think the guy got beat up, but the truth is you can dominate from the starting bell to the last second and still get KO'd or submitted...just like Chael against Anderson or Duffe against Russow and many others.
KSW
KSW

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 am
marchegiano wrote:Yes, dude. That's exactly what I wanted. You can't really just look at a fella's record and go "that one there that had to be a good fight. I better hunt it down" I used to think you could, but after wasting so much effort hunting down boring and lackluster finishes I've learned to not go that route. I will find the Morais fight, and will be watching the Barnett right after I post this post here.
Here Aleks was 23 years old and a natural talent. I have not seen many heavyweights in mma with this handspeed. Aleks was the only fighter to finish Morais.

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 am
Last time we saw Alex in his PRIME

KSW
KSW

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:37 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:Last time we saw Alex in his PRIME

Aleks was toying with Pele who was coming of a huge win against Bigfoot.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum