GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147

+5
Sodak
Adax
CDF47
parliamentfunk
Kinosis
9 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147 Empty Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147

Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm
UFC 147 now has a new five-round main event, as former middleweight champion Rich Franklin will face "The Axe Murderer" Wanderlei Silva in a 190-pound catchweight feature. The two first met at UFC 99 in Germany, where Franklin earned a decision win and both men took home Fight of the Night bonuses.

Silva was originally set to face fellow TUF Brasil coach Vitor Belfort in a rematch of their 1998 UFC Brazil bout, but a hand injury forced Belfort to withdraw from the event. Franklin had been training to meet Cung Le at UFC 148 -- plans for Le's next matchup will be announced shortly.

The co-main bout will feature heavyweight stand-outs Fabrício Werdum and Mike Russow, both coming off wins in their last fight.

Plus, two elite Brazilian featherweights will go head-to-head as Yuri Alcantara fights Hacran Dias. The two have nearly 50 combined wins without a defeat in years. Their styles and ability to finish the fight anywhere make for a hard-to-predict bout that should pique the interest of hardcore fans.

A featherweight showdown between Felipe Arantes and Milton Vieira will also take place at this event. Vieira is a longtime veteran of the sport, known for his incredible durability and submission ability, while Arantes is a young prospect with a flashy and powerful striking game.

The remainder of the fight card will feature contestants from TUF Brasil, including the two finalists vying to become the show's first-ever Ultimate Fighter.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-147-fight-card-updates
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147 Empty Re: Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147

Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 pm
I hope Wand pulls this one out. Last time they fought he seemed drained before the fight even started (it was his first time cutting below 205lbs. Not sure why he never gets to fight grapplers but Franklin doesn't have crazy KO power so he has a chance.

Last edited by Kinosis on Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 pm
franklin via straight right...
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed May 30, 2012 7:02 pm
^Isn't Franklin a southpaw?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm
I hope Wand runs through him and wins by KO early.

This card definitely needs to be free though. Not worth $55. Only major events with multiple title fights a few times a year should cost $55 with all the MMA events on TV now.
Adax

Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 am
I would've rather seen Franklin vs. Le.
Sodak
Sodak

Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 am
Thought Wandy won the last one. should make it five rounds
wekka
wekka

Thu May 31, 2012 1:49 am
Wonder who is in store for Le?

Pretty ho-hum card. I figured this would be stacked with names since it's scheduled for a stadium but the decision to have the card filled with mostly TUF Brazil contestants is strange.
ZuffaKiller

Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 am
^^^^patrik cote is instore for le
Wand should win this rematch
ZuffaKiller

Thu May 31, 2012 3:11 am
Cung Le vs. Patrick Cote targeted for UFC 148

With Rich Franklin (28-6 MMA, 13-5 UFC) now headed to UFC 147 for a rematch with Wanderlei Silva (34-11-1 MMA, 4-6 UFC), onetime middleweight title challenger Patrick Cote (17-7 MMA, 4-7 UFC) has been tapped to fight Cung Le (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 148.

Multiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that verbal agreements have been reached for the matchup.

UFC 148 takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Main-card fights air live on pay-per-view while preliminary-card fights air on FX.

Cote returns to the octagon on the strength of a four-fight win streak which includes victories over three UFC vets (Kalib Starnes, Todd Brown and Crafton Wallace) and, most recently, veteran Gustavo Machado. His past two outings have ended in the first round.

A five-fight win streak preceded Cote's title shot against reigning champ Anderson Silva at UFC 90, which ended when he blew his knee out in the third round. Back-to-back losses against Alan Belcher and Tom Lawlor, respectively, prompted his release from the promotion.

Le, a former Strikeforce middleweight champ, seeks his first octagon win. The 39-year-old debuted for the UFC in November and looked comfortable early against Silva before eventually falling victim to a second-round barrage of punches and knees. Le has fought just once in each of the past four calendar years.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28968/cung-le-vs-patrick-cote-targeted-for-ufc-148.mma
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147 Empty Broken Hand Forces Vitor Belfort Out of Fight With Wandy

Thu May 31, 2012 8:22 am
Broken Hand Forces Vitor Belfort Out of Fight With Wanderlei Silva
mmafighting.com - May 27, 2012
By Dave Doyle

Another big UFC fight has dropped out due to injury.

Follow @MMAFighting on Twitter, and Like MMA Fighting on Facebook.

May 27, 2012 - LAS VEGAS -- As if the UFC hasn't had enough obstacles thrown its way this month, word came down on Saturday that another big fight has dropped out.

Vitor Belfort broke his hand in training and had to withdraw from his "TUF: Brazil" coaches fight with Wanderlei Silva. The match was scheduled to be the main event of UFC 147 on June 23 at the Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte.

"I wake up this morning and I find out Vitor Belfort breaks his hand and he has to have [expletive] surgery," White said.

The original plan for the event was to hold the Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen middleweight title rematch in Brazil, but logistical concerns forced the company to move the bout to UFC 148 on July 7 in Las Vegas. Belfort vs. Silva was chosen as the backup option, but with the former UFC light heavyweight champion undergoing surgery to repair the hand, that's out the window, as well.

White indicated on Saturday that Silva will still headline the June 23 event and that they're working on a new opponent, but he declined to name names.

"I'm working on it," he said. "Wanderlei will fight. I can't say who. I gotta get it done first. When you start talking about [potential replacement fighters], that's when it gets hard to do the deal."

For White, the news was just the latest headache in a month filled with bad news, which ranged from Dominick Cruz's knee injury to Jon Jones' DUI arrest.

"A lot of people were talking smack about the fact we pulled the Silva card out of Brazil and we had to bring it here," he said. "We were going to bring the coaches of TUF: Brazil in and have them fight on the Brazil show instead. So, tickets go on sale for that show, we sold 13,000 tickets for a 17,000 seat arena the day tickets went on sale, then this happens. It never ends for me, every day we get up, bad [expletive] happens."

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/5/27/3046204/broken-hand-forces-vitor-belfort-out-of-fight-with-wanderlei-silva

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 am
Man I was looking forward to seeing this although Wandy is not the Wandy he was and that's wouldn't be good fighting Vitor. I really just wanted to see Vitor get a real chance to show his stuff against a striker.

Wand vs Franklin 2 at ufc 147 3980649464

Fisticuffa
Fisticuffa

Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 am
Looks like the card has nothing going for it now.

I am sure Zuffa ordered his paid his trolls to work overtime with that classic line about how "fights that nobody expected often turn out the best" to get the sheeple to buy this dog crap of a card.

Even shertards think this card sucks including well known Zuffa nut huggers, so I expect this to flop big time if they don't make big changes.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum