GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

Roy Nelson claims that 60-70% of his opponents were on steroids Empty Roy Nelson claims that 60-70% of his opponents were on steroids

Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 am
“My wife is pregnant right now, and throughout my career, I've kind of just taken it and taken it and taken it, because I can always fend for myself and my wife. Now I have a baby on the way, and that's like taking money from my kid."

“I used to think when I'd fight and beat up people that are doing the stuff that they are not supposed to be doing, I just looked at it as a moral victory for myself. It was like, 'Hey, I just beat that guy, even though he was on the stuff' or he might have beaten me because he was on the stuff, but now I realize that he's actually just taking money from me. I think from now on we should just do random drug tests, because we just did it for this heavyweight card, and it changed the whole landscape of it.”

"Before, I used to say 50/50, but that number is way higher now, of people I know personally. If I went through the people that I've personally fought in my career, that number would probably be 60-70%."

Complete interview at: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/30/3051932/ufcs-roy-nelson-sets-record-straight-about-sponsors

Roy Nelson claims that 60-70% of his opponents were on steroids Empty Re: Roy Nelson claims that 60-70% of his opponents were on steroids

Thu May 31, 2012 1:00 pm
I'd say he is right. People keep talking about how MMA has evolved, the only thing that has changed is people are using more drugs to enhance their performance.

Roy Nelson claims that 60-70% of his opponents were on steroids Empty Re: Roy Nelson claims that 60-70% of his opponents were on steroids

Thu May 31, 2012 1:13 pm
Probably a conservative estimate on his part.

Thu May 31, 2012 5:44 pm
I would agree with his estimates. Which is why I supported Vadim and his request for an Olympic style drug test. Its about having everyone compete on equal terms. Taking performance enhancing drugs (legally like TRT or other wise) is a bit like two MMA fighters facing each other one with a baseball bat and the other told to use just his fist.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu May 31, 2012 6:20 pm
monaroCountry wrote:I would agree with his estimates. Which is why I supported Vadim and his request for an Olympic style drug test. Its about having everyone compete on equal terms. Taking performance enhancing drugs (legally like TRT or other wise) is a bit like two MMA fighters facing each other one with a baseball bat and the other told to use just his fist.

The thing is I don't think the UFC will ever want part of independent 3rd party random testing by Olympic/Wada guidelines. Just like the NFL, MLB, etc., a whole lot of top-draw stars would be sitting on the sidelines for a long time. That means less $$$ in Dana, Frank & Lorenzo's pocket.

Dana has now said the UFC is going to do their own testing because he wants to crack down on steroids. What a bunch of BS. That's just a scam to appease the public & media pressure on them that's been growing. They'll just use testing procedure that are filled with holes and the public/media will be to stupid to understand that, just like MLB, the NFL, et al.

As far as the commissions testing procedures go, at the most they'll do the same as the UFC. Why would they go with REAL PED testing procedures like the Olympics with the serious conflicts of interests between the UFC and 'we the people' who are represented by the government who regulates the Datittas??? The CEO and many of Zuffa/UFC executes are either former NSAC commissioners or former-NSAC employees. Everybody here is dependent on the pumped up superhuman UFC fighters for their living. Everybody. That should be "F***ing illegal"!!!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum