GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Any rumors whats comming for M-1 after the SHOWTIME contract is over? Empty Any rumors whats comming for M-1 after the SHOWTIME contract is over?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:24 pm
Did you hear anything and what do you expect?

M-1 will sign a new contract?

M-1 will leave and maybe sign with HDnet (likely)

M-1 will leave and sign with FOX ( pirat) or HBO (seriously, i doubt it)

Well i fear HDnet is the most realistical alternative atm. I fear Showtime is to stupid to see the potential in M-1 (though they reached good ratings for unknown prospects, imagine what if they signed names to)
KSW
KSW

Any rumors whats comming for M-1 after the SHOWTIME contract is over? Empty Re: Any rumors whats comming for M-1 after the SHOWTIME contract is over?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:42 pm
I haven´t heard anything but I think if SF stays on Showtime M-1 is done. HDnet would be good and they have ProElite already. Maybe some co-promotion?
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Any rumors whats comming for M-1 after the SHOWTIME contract is over? Empty Re: Any rumors whats comming for M-1 after the SHOWTIME contract is over?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:43 pm
HDnet has a far worse reach than SHOWTIME, it would be major step down.
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm
Hollywood Dang wrote:HDnet has a far worse reach than SHOWTIME, it would be major step down.
I don´t know too much about HDNet. How big is the difference from Showtime?
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 pm
Are there any other options for M-1 in the US?
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:00 pm
If showtime was smart they would drop Strikeforce and pick up M-1. It should be obvious to them now that zuffa is just going to take anyone with any name value away and at best leave them leftovers. Of course if Showtime does drop Strikeforce zuffa will blame them and say "We tried to keep them going but Showtime is the bad guy, they dropped us!" and the zombies will eat it up and blame them.
brace
brace

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:10 pm
HD Net actually used to show M-1 shows all the time, but with ProElite and Dream, maybe they have enough room in programming. But who knows whats going on. M-1 have a huge contact with Russian TV and I think they're just gonna do that for now, until we hear something else. It would be cool if HD Net also picked them up, I don't see why they couldn't.

Also, HD Net is way smaller than Showtime. They are not even close. Showtime is under the CBS umbrella and is a major network of cable channels.
monaroCountry

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 pm
I agree with everyone, if Strikeforce stays then M-1 goes. I dont have much faith in these broadcasters to see past the here and now. Maybe Showtime will go with Strikeforce to pick up the UFC scraps. Spike is the only one that is thinking long term ATM, it was great of them picking up Bellator.

M-1 has a great future ahead with or without Showtime. M-1's main partners (partners that might even dwarf Showtime) are in Europe and Russia, so they wont drop their shows there at a drop of a hat.

Its going to be an interesting next couple of months, good luck M-1.
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 am
I asked Vadim about this during our interview on NHB. He said they are negotiating an extension. Showtime Sports has a new head, as Ken Hershman left for HBO Sports. So we should all let Showtime know that we want more M-1, and that they should drop the decimated Zuffaforce as soon as they can.

monaroCountry

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:31 am
Very true eddy.

One thing I noticed on the Fedor v Monson fight was one of the rooms had the sign "SHOWTIME" shown on it. I was hoping that they were there for a look-see on how M-1's event capabilities are.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:55 pm
I hope we get soon news on this
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:34 pm
Not a good sign, watch the end of the interview.
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:50 pm
It would be a bad move by Showtime to take Zuffa's leftovers. They don't do anything like that with boxing. I wonder if they will lose subscribers with such a move. Of course, we shall see what happens, and not just what White claims.
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:52 pm
nhbnews wrote:It would be a bad move by Showtime to take Zuffa's leftovers. They don't do anything like that with boxing. I wonder if they will lose subscribers with such a move. Of course, we shall see what happens, and not just what White claims.

They definitely will loose one here.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:26 pm
nhbnews wrote:It would be a bad move by Showtime to take Zuffa's leftovers. They don't do anything like that with boxing. I wonder if they will lose subscribers with such a move. Of course, we shall see what happens, and not just what White claims.

Yes, that would suck. I do not care at all to see b-level UFC feeder org. (Zuffaforce Challengers) on Showtime for my subscription fee. M-1, on the other hand, would be sweet. Not sure if I would cancel Showtime if they go with Zuffaforce Challenger Series only or not but it would suck. I guess it depends how bad the SF roster is decimated and how good the shows they put on are. Rockhold vs. Jardine for the MW title is not a good sign. Zuffa just wants to keep their competition off of Showtime and have a place for all the fighters they have signed in their quest to monopolize the sport. I am sure if Zuffa signs with Showtime there will be a contract clause stating Zuffa is the only promoter allowed on the network.
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:43 pm
Showtime can help the sport A LOT if they ditch the bullshit SF challengers.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum