GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract

+8
brace
RussianTopTeam
Michał
Frank Hill
ZuffaKiller
Hollywood Dang
KSW
monaroCountry
12 posters
Go down
monaroCountry

Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract Empty Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:08 pm
JoshGrossESPN on Twitter

Neither M-1 or Showtime would comment on this, but I'm hearing they have a deal in the works for 2012. Five events, possibly one with Fedor.

http://twitter.com/joshgrossespn
KSW
KSW

Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract Empty Re: Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:16 pm
M-1 doesn´t needs Showtime to survive but this is fantastic.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract Empty Re: Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:31 pm
I bet Dana is silent in his pillow if he reads this.
ZuffaKiller

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:34 pm
If this is true then I'm very happy because last nights M-1 event was very exciting hell all of them that have been on showtime have been exciting.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:38 pm
Showtime is lurking on global-mma.com. Maybe they realize what the real fans want.
monaroCountry

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:41 pm
M1 fights ive found have all been very good and exciting, theres no minor leagues with these guys. This even shows that all the fighters are very skilled strikers and grapplers.

M-1 doesnt need showtime at all and hopefully we will continue to see M1 events in Europe where there arent as many zombies (youll more likely to get a packed stadium) and where fans dont boo fighters. Sho + M1 is a win however.
monaroCountry

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:42 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Showtime is lurking on global-mma.com. Maybe they realize what the real fans want.

M1 just need more coverage from these so called MMA journalists, and fans need to open their eyes to exciting fights top top class fighters happening outside Zuffa.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:51 pm
More exposure for M-1 is ok in my book.
Michał
Michał

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:12 pm
Great news, I hope to see Alek, Fedor, Guram on this M-1 cards.

Alek Vs. Arloski, thats a fight I'd like to see.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:11 am
I would really prefer for to watch M-1 shows live on Showtime instead of over the internet on their site. So this is great news for me personally if it happens. Plus, nothing beats watching fights in 1080i 8)
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:00 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:I would really prefer for to watch M-1 shows live on Showtime instead of over the internet on their site. So this is great news for me personally if it happens. Plus, nothing beats watching fights in 1080i 8)
and in english
brace
brace

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm
The last M-1 event on Showtime was fantastic and all my fighters won. If they renew, I wish that Showtime can somehow work out broadcasts from Europe, or something, because I'd like to have M-1 shown on a grander scale.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:05 pm
That is awesome news if they finalize a deal. M-1 puts on great fights. I thought Zuffa would insist that SF be the only promotion on the network but I guess M-1 may continue on Showtime which would be great. I agree that their fights in Russia should be shown on Showtime live with English commentary.
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 pm
brace wrote:The last M-1 event on Showtime was fantastic and all my fighters won. If they renew, I wish that Showtime can somehow work out broadcasts from Europe, or something, because I'd like to have M-1 shown on a grander scale.

Thats crazy bro, I guessed most of the fights but certainly not all of them.

I agree on European broadcasts. That and the reality show would be some of the advantages of having M1 on board.

A European broadcast would better legitimize the sport as being a global sport.

CDF47 wrote:That is awesome news if they finalize a deal. M-1 puts on great fights. I thought Zuffa would insist that SF be the only promotion on the network but I guess M-1 may continue on Showtime which would be great. I agree that their fights in Russia should be shown on Showtime live with English commentary.

I wouldnt count my chickens before they hatch.

goodnightirene

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:12 am
i ahve a question, what was the last M1 event where you thoguht to yourself "meh, that was alright" or "that was boring"

ill wait..........

brace
brace

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 am
monaroCountry wrote:
brace wrote:The last M-1 event on Showtime was fantastic and all my fighters won. If they renew, I wish that Showtime can somehow work out broadcasts from Europe, or something, because I'd like to have M-1 shown on a grander scale.

I agree on European broadcasts. That and the reality show would be some of the advantages of having M1 on board.

CDF47 wrote:That is awesome news if they finalize a deal. M-1 puts on great fights. I thought Zuffa would insist that SF be the only promotion on the network but I guess M-1 may continue on Showtime which would be great. I agree that their fights in Russia should be shown on Showtime live with English commentary.

They could do what HBO did for Vlad Klitchko David Haye fight and show the fights here on Sat during the day. A nice Sat afternoon of sweet fights and then a night free to go out on the town. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Also, I didn't guess the fighters. I got most of the fights wrong. But all the fighters who I wanted to win, they won..

Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract 4178444241
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 am
I have been saying this all along.

Showtime will do what the fuck they want.

They are not the ones being dictated to, Zuffa is subordinate to them.

Of course, there has always been the possibility that they would move away from M-1, but I didn't think so.

Basically, there model is the same as their model with boxing.

Basically, they subcrontract to promoters to put on shows. They are most certainly not in the business of promoting fights, hence they subcontract to promoters to provide content.

Even the Strikeforce heavyweight tourny was copying the "Super 6 World Classic."

And, Strikeforce Challengers is copying Showbox.

And, the big Saturday cards are copying "Showtime Championship Boxing."

And M-1 is still Showbox level. But, a Fedor card would be "Showtime Championship Boxing" level.
monaroCountry

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 am
goodnightirene wrote:i ahve a question, what was the last M1 event where you thoguht to yourself "meh, that was alright" or "that was boring"

ill wait..........

theyve had boring fights before but overall its always been exciting action packed events.

Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:11 am
Showtime did fantastic things for SF

This is a great move
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 am
Well, let's not celebrate before its official.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm
If Showtime don't renew with M-1 then it's pointless for me to still pay to have showtime cuz Strikeforce is gonna be dead after the Melendez fight....
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:23 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, but I am a bit more hopeful than I was a week ago. Hopefully they get a deal signed so that we will get more than just ZuffaForce Challenger Series on Showtime.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm
brace wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:

They could do what HBO did for Vlad Klitchko David Haye fight and show the fights here on Sat during the day. A nice Sat afternoon of sweet fights and then a night free to go out on the town. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Also, I didn't guess the fighters. I got most of the fights wrong. But all the fighters who I wanted to win, they won..

Josh Gross: M-1 is in talks with Showtime to renew contract 4178444241

Agreed, that would be awesome if they aired the events from Russia and Eastern Europe either live or even on same day tape delay or both. That would be bad ass. Hope they get this deal signed first and then deliver on these details.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum