GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer

+10
stu3ufc
PRIDE NEVER DIE
monaroCountry
KSW
IQ Wrestler
Junkyard Log
Brian J. D'Souza
wekka
MR.WILLIE
Sonatine
14 posters
Go down
Sonatine
Sonatine

Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer Empty Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm
Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer Bilde10

Josh Barnett may not be coming back to the UFC after all.

According to Barnett's manager Leland LaBarre, Barnett has officially declined the promotion's latest contract offer.

"We agreed on guaranteed compensation," LaBarre said. "In fact, we never even countered. We accepted their original offer.

"However, there are some outlying issues -- one in particular -- that as of this point we were unable to agree on."

Labarre said he didn't feel it was appropriate at this time to discuss which issue both sides couldn't come to terms on.

UFC officials declined to comment on the situation.

Barnett (32-6) last fought in the UFC in March 2002. His latest contract expired following his January win over Nandor Guelmino in Strikeforce.

Last week, UFC president Dana White expressed optimism that the organization would reach a deal with Barnett, who is talking to other promotions.

"We want to find the best deal for Josh and his final MMA home," LaBarre said.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/6/3960726/josh-barnett-officially-declines-ufc-contract-offer?xid=si_mma

If this is true, Barnett made the right decision.
MR.WILLIE

Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer Empty Re: Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm
barnett is wsof bound imo....barnett vs the aa/rumble winner...
wekka
wekka

Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer Empty Re: Josh Barnett officially declines UFC contract offer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 pm
It'd be amazing if he could end up in Bellator, but I don't think he'd be as free as he would with WSOF.
Brian J. D'Souza
Brian J. D'Souza
http://www.briandsouza.com

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm
It shows you how there are many things besides money (exclusivity, rights, options) that matter more than a dollar amount.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 am
I rather see Barnett doing what he wants to do anyways and not be tied to some shit controlling contract by Zuffa.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 am
Wonderful news
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:05 am
It really comes down to Pro Wrestling imo
No way UFC will let him do it and I doubt his contract offer compensated him enough
He can make tons fighting guys outside UFC & working 10 minute matches for Inoki.
KSW
KSW

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 am
Barnett is the man. Paging KSW..
monaroCountry

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 am
Go Barnett, another guy who sticks to his guns.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 am
awsome, and im with IQ Josh loves his pro wrestling and bozo wont allow that.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm
I really dont care what anyone says or if they think im fighter bashing but I think josh barnett sucks and i hate him

He has fought no one top 10 since 2006

He fights the absolute worst opponents with 0 ground game

got the easiest side of the strikeforce bracket

when offered a UFC contract to face the best HW's he turns it down. wtf is this crap

I wanna see him in UFC not freaking WSOF vs who? AA? Rumble? or another tomato can with no ground game

Barnett either sign with UFC or retire. Screw your nut huggers ... that piss me off with their catch wrestling Bullsheet

Frank Mir would smash Barnett
Werdum would smash Barnett
Old Minotauro would would smash Barnett
Crocop would smash Barnett and make him tap to strikes for the 4th time
Mike Russlow would smash Barnett
Pat Barry would smash Barnett

do i need to go on

Barnett you blew it! put up or shut up
rezin
rezin

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Barnett would tap out Reem, then knock him out and steal his roids.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:barnett is wsof bound imo....barnett vs the aa/rumble winner...

That would be great. He could also be a great start to a new HW division in Asia (ONE FC Network and GLORY/DREAM). Hold a grand prix for the Asian belt with Barnett, Soa, AA, Sergei Kharitonov, Razmadze, Grabowski, Shamil Abdurahimov, Rolles Gracie,.... Would be amazing.

Last edited by CDF47 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 pm
Maybe a deal with Bellator and IMPACT since that seems to be a direction viacom is going.
Adax

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 pm
I hope more fighters can think like Barnett and understand the opportunities and potentials of worldwide combat sports & entertainment.
doubledx2c

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm
I doubt any other promotion on the planet can pay Barnett half of what he's asking.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 am
doubledx2c wrote:I doubt any other promotion on the planet can pay Barnett half of what he's asking.
you're prob right but in this case money may not be the main factor for him.
KSW
KSW

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 am
There was some talk about Barnett coming back to Pancrase, I hope it will happen https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t3838-josh-barnett-will-return-to-pancrase-next-year
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 am
PRIDE FC wrote:There was some talk about Barnett coming back to Pancrase, I hope it will happen https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t3838-josh-barnett-will-return-to-pancrase-next-year

You don't trust me?
KSW
KSW

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 am
IQ Wrestler wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:There was some talk about Barnett coming back to Pancrase, I hope it will happen https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t3838-josh-barnett-will-return-to-pancrase-next-year

You don't trust me?
I do, if this doesn´t happen I will be very disappointed.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 am
lol so will I...very very disappointed
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum