GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract Empty Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm
In what comes as a massive shot across the bow in the awkward war going on in the kickboxing world right now, Peter Aerts has apparently signed with GLORY Sports International. Aerts has inked a multi-fight deal with GLORY, which apparently makes his "retirement" fight against Tyrone Spong null and void as a retirement bout. We already knew that Aerts was in talks with K-1 to continue fighting, as we reported earlier, but according to Fighters Only's John Joe O'Regan Aerts has "snubbed" K-1 to sign with GLORY.

According to O'Regan, sources told him that the offer might have been too low for Mr. K-1, as well as there being a certain level of mistrust of K-1 making good on their promises after past issues with late or non-payments. It is not clear if Aerts was offered the famous "50%" offer that many fighters under It's Showtime contract were offered or if he was offered a signing bonus with GLORY like many Golden Glory fighters were offered, but what is clear is that he has chosen a side.

We've reached out to people within Aerts's camp for comment and will report back when we know more, but for now it does seem that Aerts has signed with GLORY and that the GLORY World Series has yet another big name to participate in their tournament.

UPDATE: Confirmed with a source close to Peter Aerts that this is indeed the case.

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1390:peter-aerts-signs-with-glory-declines-k-1-contract&catid=37:kickboxing
KSW
KSW

Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract Empty Re: Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 pm
Glory is as good as K-1.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract Empty Re: Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:23 am
comp is good.

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Glory is as good as K-1.

Is that saying much right now?

aw, I made myself sad No
KSW
KSW

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 am
Misowaman wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:Glory is as good as K-1.

Is that saying much right now?

aw, I made myself sad No
Kickboxing will be back soon. United Glory is getting better and we will have to great promotions.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 am
I can't see it getting as big as It's Showtime has tbh

Peter Aerts Signs With GLORY, Declines K-1 Contract Cotto-mayorga-jab-o
KSW
KSW

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 pm
Misowaman wrote:I can't see it getting as big as It's Showtime has tbh
It´s Showtime is amazing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum