GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
monaroCountry

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Empty Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 am
UFC has some bush league strikers for sure. Chael Sonnen failed miserably at his spinning backfist attempt. Chael dominated the first round before he f*c*ed himself up. These UFC C level strikers should really train in Holland against top level strikers.

This is how its done.

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Tumblr_m1q4aleBcf1qfrkf9o1_250

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Tumblr_m1q4aleBcf1qfrkf9o3_250

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Tumblr_m1q4aleBcf1qfrkf9o5_250
doubledx2c

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Empty Re: Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:13 am
monaroCountry wrote:UFC has some bush league strikers for sure. Chael Sonnen failed miserably at his spinning backfist attempt. Chael dominated the first round before he f*c*ed himself up. These UFC C level strikers should really train in Holland against top level strikers.

This is how its done.

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Tumblr_m1q4aleBcf1qfrkf9o1_250

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Tumblr_m1q4aleBcf1qfrkf9o3_250

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Tumblr_m1q4aleBcf1qfrkf9o5_250

To be fair he was already rocked and on his way out when he tried the spinning backhand.
KSW
KSW

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY Empty Re: Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:41 am
Spot on monaro. The M-1 fighters know how to use these kinds of techniques, this is nothing for rookies Laughing
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:49 am
Sonnen's beautiful set up for his spinning backfist attempt was getting rocked , lol .

For sure this will go into the hall of shame along with Urijah Fabers failure .

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:00 am
Very smart move, huh? You get rocked, what do you do? Try some crazy spinning back fist. Why not a van damme kick too? Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY 3077217049

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY 120708071648768952

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY 1625187496

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:33 am
doubledx2c wrote:

To be fair he was already rocked and on his way out when he tried the spinning backhand.

I didnt see Sonnen get rocked, looked more sloppy/tired. Guys who get rocked dont normally try a difficult move like that, especially when it involves spinning around which would make your equilibrium even worse.

monaroCountry

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:46 am
As my friend who watched it with me said (and fights in MT), its all in the footwork and head that Chael went horribly wrong.

I have to agree with my friends as well after watching both Chael and Arthur. Forget about their punches connecting because sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesnt. Look at their footwork and head and notice that Chael tripped because he didnt do it correctly while Arthur still kept his balance.
monaroCountry

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 am
Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY 1
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:30 am
I just watched this, that was absolutely ridiculous. What an idiot.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 am
Chael should just retire or move up to LHW. He has no business staying at middleweight. He isn't gonna get another title shot again as long as Anderson is champion period

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:03 am
Somebody should create a gif from a better angle that shows Sonnen missing with the spinning elbow and write fail Sonnen on it just for emphasis. Also I love how Anderson doesn't feel the need to run once he sees the big mistake, he walks over patiently with class over to his opponent and simply delivers A knee full force with his other foot planted and backing it up .

He essentially ended up knocking out the last bit of natural hormones that summons body had produced.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
doubledx2c

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:21 am
monaroCountry wrote:
doubledx2c wrote:

I didnt see Sonnen get rocked, looked more sloppy/tired. Guys who get rocked dont normally try a difficult move like that, especially when it involves spinning around which would make your equilibrium even worse.

Nope, he got hit hard back when Anderson was giving him a wedgie. Guys "normally" don't try that, but I think Sonnen just made a dumb mistake. That said I have no idea why he went for a friggin spinning backfist when he should've went straight for the double.
monaroCountry

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 am
doubledx2c wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:
doubledx2c wrote:

Nope, he got hit hard back when Anderson was giving him a wedgie. Guys "normally" don't try that, but I think Sonnen just made a dumb mistake. That said I have no idea why he went for a friggin spinning backfist when he should've went straight for the double.

A wedgie? its professional MMA not high school. A dumb mistake would be to strike against a striker, an absolute self ownage worthy of the self ownage highlight would be attempting a spinning backfist for the first time, missing by over a foot, tripping over yourself, slamming head first into the cage nearly knocking yourself out, sitting your ass on the floor and getting rap3d from there on end.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 pm
Chael did the same dumb mistake that Shinya Aoki made on Eddie Alvarez Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY 1625187496

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:47 pm
^ Well I wouldn't consider them on the same level but yeah. That still pisses me off.

Sonnen's though was by a wide margin worse. It's so bad it's hilarious.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
KSW
KSW

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:03 pm
monaroCountry wrote:As my friend who watched it with me said (and fights in MT), its all in the footwork and head that Chael went horribly wrong.

I have to agree with my friends as well after watching both Chael and Arthur. Forget about their punches connecting because sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesnt. Look at their footwork and head and notice that Chael tripped because he didnt do it correctly while Arthur still kept his balance.
Yeah Sonnen doesn´t know what he´s doing there and the footwork is completely wrong and clumsy. Guseinov has trained that move for a long time and it comes smooth and natural.

Chael Sonnen imitating Arthur Guseinov and FAILING MISERABLY 120708071648768952
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum