GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead

+6
monaroCountry
bolsheet
Wolfman
Kinosis
KSW
Sodak
10 posters
Go down
Sodak
Sodak

Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead Empty Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:18 pm
He's only lost three fights to chaels 12.

he wasn't submitted in a quarter of his fights.

he has 28 finishes to chaels 11.

He has K-1 level striking to Chaels retard wrestler level striking.

gegards draw was actually a win that was high jacked due to a large mustache in the ring that took a point.

gegard has wins over numerous top talent not losses to numerous mediocre talent.

gegard was Strikeforce Champ and Dream LW MW champion not gladiator dangerzone champion.

gegard is a legitimate fighter due to his skill and accomplishments not ZUFFA hype and his mouth.

gegards ground game doesn't consist entirely of laying on someone and is actually fun to watch.

In short gegard is awesome and represents everything good about the sport and Chaels a tird that represents everything wrong with MMA.

KSW
KSW

Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead Empty Re: Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:27 pm
I wanted to see Gegard vs Anderson at LHW for a long time. I donĀ“t think Gegard can make MW anymore. Gegard has just as good or better boxing than Silva and the fight would likely end in the stand up.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead Empty Re: Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:39 pm
It would be a good fight. I agree it should be at LHW. Gegard should get some fights in first though since he has been inactive lately. I wouldn't want to see him lose a big fight due to rust or gassing.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:02 pm
[Tapout wearing teenage moron]

LOL Gegard is fighting cans in Japan chael is in the UFC. Gegard needs to step up and enter to UFC to prove himself he ll get beat by any average wrestler LMAO he s no chance against anderson the goat LOL

[/Tapout wearing teenage moron]

Why gegard should've fought Anderson instead 696622810

The truth is, this fight makes 10000000000000000000 times more sense than Anderson vs Chael. Unfortunately because of political bullshit Gegard does not get all the best fights and Anderson keeps fighting Chael, Leben or move up to fight Griffin...

Good backgroun check you made too Sodak, it really shows the inconvenient truth.

Gegard is an excellent fighter and a fight with Anderson would be really amazing. Probably the toughest fight Anderson would have on his entire carreer. Hope at least he get to face Lombard before retiring, since they're both under the same roof now.
Sodak
Sodak

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:35 pm
gegard said in an interview he'd cut down to middleweight for a big fight like Anderson If ZUFFA offered it, but then sadly laughed it off saying I know its not gonna happen.

Its sad because ZUFFA is still pretending guys like gegard aren't even good enough to be in the UFC while they promote guys like chael (lay n pray wrestling americans with no sub defense, or striking) as the best in the world, And like you said the Tapout wearing moron doesn't know the difference ZUFFA decides whos relevant for them.
bolsheet

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:54 pm
LOL Gegard is fighting cans in Japan chael is in the UFC. Gegard needs to step up and enter to UFC to prove himself he ll get beat by any average wrestler LMAO he s no chance against anderson the goat LOL

We all know that he fought legit fighters and had great wins at the time on Mayhem, Jacare, Manhoef, Hunt, Kang, Lombard and Kyotaro on kickboxing but he fought some fighters who shouldn't ever being on the ring witch him like Mizuno and Izumi.

The truth is, this fight makes 10000000000000000000 times more sense than Anderson vs Chael. Unfortunately because of political bullshit Gegard does not get all the best fights and Anderson keeps fighting Chael, Leben or move up to fight Griffin...
Unfortunately the fight who makes more sense for them is the fight that makes more money because they are promoters, and most of the "fans" (unlike us) wanted to see the chael fight, also timing is crucial on match making and today Gegard is injured and was unable to fight.

Gegard is an excellent fighter and a fight with Anderson would be really amazing. Probably the toughest fight Anderson would have on his entire carreer. Hope at least he get to face Lombard before retiring, since they're both under the same roof now.
At this time i would like to see him moving-up vs Jones or Rashard, even Gegard having top talent he didn't look good on his last strikeforce fights and i'm not so sure if he would beat feijao or anderson after his ACL surgery and long layoff, i just don't want to see shogun/jones again
monaroCountry

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:56 am
bolsheet wrote:
We all know that he fought legit fighters and had great wins at the time on Mayhem, Jacare, Manhoef, Hunt, Kang, Lombard and Kyotaro on kickboxing but he fought some fighters who shouldn't ever being on the ring witch him like Mizuno and Izumi.
I dont know, Mizuno in that fight moved better than Sonnen. His kicks were better and he didnt knock himself out trying to do a spinning backfist, although Mizuno did miss. Mizuno also didnt give up after one hit and some of those ground and pounds were making his head bounce off the mat.

[/quote]
doubledx2c

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:56 am
monaroCountry wrote:
bolsheet wrote:
I dont know, Mizuno in that fight moved better than Sonnen. His kicks were better and he didnt knock himself out trying to do a spinning backfist, although Mizuno did miss. Mizuno also didnt give up after one hit and some of those ground and pounds were making his head bounce off the mat.

[/quote]

Two totally different fighters, two totally different orgs. Don't see how you can make a legit comparison here. Of course Mizuno's kicks were better, Sonnen's kicks are used as a distraction to A. Clinch his opponent or B. Shoot for his go-to double.
monaroCountry

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 am
doubledx2c wrote:
Two totally different fighters, two totally different orgs. Don't see how you can make a legit comparison here. Of course Mizuno's kicks were better, Sonnen's kicks are used as a distraction to A. Clinch his opponent or B. Shoot for his go-to double.

Both MMA fighter. Ive always watched how people fought and i do notice that there are many more better strikers outside UFC. This is one reason why Anderson hasnt really been challenged in the UFC/America, when most of the top K-1 level fighters dont fight in the UFC.

Kicks shouldnt be for distraction ever it just doesnt work that way. Only an effective kick can serve as a distraction. If the kick isnt effective or doesnt hurt then fighters wont take notice of it.

This is why a good striker is always one with a good punch and a good kick (I dont see JDS having a top class kicking game), because you wont know what to defend against especially when everything in their arsenal can hurt you.

Sonnen's strength is his take down, lucky that takedowns score highly in the UFC. In Pride Sonnen would be regarded as a can. Pride wanted fighter to finish, this usually involved battering them at striking or submission. Sonnen doesnt have a good submission game. His attempts werent very good and he didnt set any of them up.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:49 pm
bolsheet wrote:

Haha.. i was trolling at this part, man. Imitating people from other foruns. Anyway i agree with you there.

doubledx2c wrote:

Have to go with you on this one. They can't be compared in any way.

monaroCountry wrote:

Sonnen's strength is his take down, lucky that takedowns score highly in the UFC. In Pride Sonnen would be regarded as a can. Pride wanted fighter to finish, this usually involved battering them at striking or submission. Sonnen doesnt have a good submission game. His attempts werent very good and he didnt set any of them up.

Now imagine Sonnen doing the same thing he did in that fight and falling on his butt, and stay there, all under Pride rules. Anderson would have soccer kicked him back to the chicken-fight cage. Against prime Wand we'd see a pay per view murder.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:41 pm
It would be an awesome fight. I would love to see it. If Mousasi could make 185 still it would be sweet but not sure about that.

If he sticks at 205, a future fight with Feijao and eventually Jones would be sweet for Mousasi.

I would like to see Anderson fight Lombard next followed by a fight with Bones Jones at 205 for the LHW title. If he wins that he could retire or defend both the 205 and 185 belts. That would be awesome.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 pm
If Mark Hunt was in Strikeforce with Gegard & Sergei... Dana would also keep him there away from his highly invested/big draw top LHW's & HW's.

Kid Chocolate
Kid Chocolate

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am
LMFAO, Mousasi is not even a MW anymore and he is MIA since last year july.
monaroCountry

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 am
Kid Chocolate wrote:LMFAO, Mousasi is not even a MW anymore and he is MIA since last year july.

I blame Strikeforce and Zuffa for this.

Gegard was better off and more active when he was with M-1.

I do admire him walking away when M-1 didnt meet his demands, more fighters should do this.

Im just sorry that it resulted in Gegard not being as active, we all know how much he wants to fight and be active.
bolsheet

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 am
monaroCountry wrote:
Kid Chocolate wrote:LMFAO, Mousasi is not even a MW anymore and he is MIA since last year july.

I blame Strikeforce and Zuffa for this.

Gegard was better off and more active when he was with M-1.

I do admire him walking away when M-1 didnt meet his demands, more fighters should do this.

Im just sorry that it resulted in Gegard not being as active, we all know how much he wants to fight and be active.

He just had a ACL sugery, how he is going to fight on M-1 or anywhere? His contract isn't exclusive and he was active when he was healthy on zuffa or not (Dream, K-1) . Plus he wasn't fight at MW for zuffa also, he just said that was his choice to move-up on some interviews.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum