GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight Empty One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm
Mmmm... Really Jorge!!! I guess Anderson vs former-champs Shogun, Evans & Henderson or current champ Jones Jones wouldn't be big money enough for Anderson in a weightclass he's already smashed guys in.

Hey Jorge!... Maybe you should be asking for Shogun, Evans & Henderson or current champ Jones Jones at catch-weight then instead of your offer to GSP. Embarassed I'm sure they'd all be ready and willing.

Anderson's manager says GSP is the only fight that makes sense
Tatame.com - July 26

Anderson Silva is the biggest champion in UFC history, and many fighters are trying to earn their next shot in a Chael Sonnen way. After the "Spider" defeated his last opponent at UFC 148, many fighters started to say that they can submit of KO the champ.

"That's a big joke," Silva's manager, Jorge Guimaraes, said about Chris Weidman, Tim Boetsch and Alan Belcher's challenges. "Everybody saw that it worked for Chael, and he got really famous with that, and now everybody wants to be on the spotlight".

The manager believes that only one fight makes sense for the middleweight champion right now, and it's not on the middleweight division.

"No opponent makes sense for Anderson at this moment. Unless we do a catchweight against Georges St. Pierre," he suggests. "They didn't offer the fight, but he's the only one that could do a super fight. Anderson has the biggest paycheck in the UFC, and you can't promote an event with these amateur kids that are coming up now".

http://www.tatame.com/2012/07/26/Andersons-manager-says-GSP-is-the-only-fight-that-makes-sense

Last edited by Dagwood on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Edit - Title mistakenly quoted Ed Soares & not Silva's other manager Jorge Guimaraes)
bolsheet

One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight Empty Re: One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:00 pm
The title is wrong, this manager wasn't Ed Soares and was the other Anderson manager "Joinha" (Jorge Guimarães). Joinha usualy aways act like a douchbag for a long time and make noobs belive he has some power on how the matchmaking and the events works. This interview is realy irrelevant and nobody should take this guy serious. My personal take is if Anderson (who probably didn't even know about this interview) didn't want to defend the belt he souldn't be the champion, what for the big money that he making due sponsors a big hit.
Wolfman
Wolfman

One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight Empty Re: One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm
^

I was about to say that. It's not Ed Soares, even though both are equally dumb.

IMHO, this guy is an idiot and this fight is not even close as THE one that makes sense, and the rest i agree with Bolsheet.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 pm
bolsheet wrote:The title is wrong, this manager wasn't Ed Soares and was the other Anderson manager "Joinha" (Jorge Guimarães). Joinha usualy aways act like a douchbag for a long time and make noobs belive he has some power on how the matchmaking and the events works. This interview is realy irrelevant and nobody should take this guy serious. My personal take is if Anderson (who probably didn't even know about this interview) didn't want to defend the belt he souldn't be the champion, what for the big money that he making due sponsors a big hit.

Sorry will edit the title.
bolsheet

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:10 pm
Wolfman wrote:^

I was about to say that. It's not Ed Soares, even though both are equally dumb.

IMHO, this guy is an idiot and this fight is not even close as THE one that makes sense, and the rest i agree with Bolsheet.

I used to like him until 2007, when nobody was caring about the sport and he was one that was working a lot for mma. But since then he did not know how to separate the work between manager and fight analyst and some people still take his stupid views serious. A lot of fighters like Shogun deslike him a lot.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 pm
Anderson vs GSP might have been good 2 years ago but GSP has been off since something like April 2011.
doubledx2c

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 pm
Kinosis wrote:Anderson vs GSP might have been good 2 years ago but GSP has been off since something like April 2011.

GSP returned and is set to fight Condit in a couple months. He and Anderson will never fight; nor will Anderson ever fight Jones. It's time for the Fertittas to TELL Anderson that he's going to be moving up to LHW for a fight with Jones. Otherwise it'll never happen.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 am
Anderson needs to move up, no doubt. GSP should make a run for the MW title and Anderson for the LHW title. Many legit matchups right there.
doubledx2c

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:51 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:Anderson needs to move up, no doubt. GSP should make a run for the MW title and Anderson for the LHW title. Many legit matchups right there.

St Pierre's coach doesn't want him to moving up. In fact, he said GSP would be more likely to move DOWN to LW than move up. A real shame, but that's been the GSP mentality ever since he got plowed by Serra.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:59 am
doubledx2c wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:Anderson needs to move up, no doubt. GSP should make a run for the MW title and Anderson for the LHW title. Many legit matchups right there.

St Pierre's coach doesn't want him to moving up. In fact, he said GSP would be more likely to move DOWN to LW than move up. A real shame, but that's been the GSP mentality ever since he got plowed by Serra.
Yeah before Serra GSP was a different fighter who wasn´t scared to pull the trigger. I understand that he wants to play it safe in the lighter divisions but he needs to prove himself in the MW division before I consider him one of the GOATs.
monaroCountry

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:07 am
Anderson is more than happy to fight in the lower divisions where he has the physical advantage.

This is one main reason why I hold Fedor far above and ahead of Anderson in the GOAT status and the P4P status.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:25 pm
So, let me get this straight...he would rather fight a naturally smaller guy (GSP) than to fight someone his own size who poses more of a threat (Jon Jones)?? What a a shock that is One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight 1625187496
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:51 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:So, let me get this straight...he would rather fight a naturally smaller guy (GSP) than to fight someone his own size who poses more of a threat (Jon Jones)?? What a a shock that is One of Anderson's managers says no worthy fights for Anderson but GSP at catchweight 1625187496

Not only that but a guy who has been out for well over a year due to injury, meaning he will be rusty as well lol Some GOAT.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:58 pm
If Anderson doesn't want to move up to LHW, he should just retire. He has no business fighting at MW anymore plain and simple.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum