GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve Empty It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:12 pm
By condom depot via sherdog

I put “fail” in quotes because true failure would mean bankruptcy which is not what any fan wants.

The UFC won’t change its watered down ways unless it suffers negative consequences. We should welcome low ratings, low gates, and low PPV buys. Hopefully, this would shake things up at Zuffa so that it’s no longer business as usual (one maybe two good fights on PPV with the rest being prelim worthy).

While it certainly has enough warm bodies to fill up 30 events per year (even 50), it lacks the star power to make these events worth it. Outside the main event, 151 is horrid! 152 is hardly better. One can argue 152 is worse.

Imagine this card instead (made up of fights from the next three events):

Jones v. Henderson (151)
Benavidez v. Johnson (152)
Bisping v. Stann (152)
Struve v. Miocic (Fuel)
Hardy v. Sadollah (Fuel)

Prelims

Swanson v. Olivera (152)
Siver v. Yagin (151)
Johnson v. Castillo (151)
Pokrajac v. Magalhães (152)
Watson v. Tavarez (Fuel)

Hardly a supercard by old standards but given the watered down crap we’ve been getting recently, this card is super stacked. Even some of the fights I listed are questionable but that’s a reflection of the fights I had to choose from

To those who feel the “more MMA the better”: would you rather watch my proposed lineup or sit through Dennis Hallman, Kyle Kingsbury, Roger Hollett, Kyle Noke, etc.

Where you at Chaeltards?
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve Empty Re: It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:32 pm
To me ther was a small handfull of cards that were good .
Almost all the ufcs have been watered down low quality mma that should be on free tv. That was the good thing about the old days we had quality ppvs from PRIDE and even some from the UFC(seg and early zuffa) but the the thing is the ppvs were about once every 2-3 months which was good for better quality fights. I remember one month Id watch PRIDE and the next UFC and back and forth, it was a good time for mma fans.

I know the sport is much popular in america now then it was back in the day but back then the ppvs were cheaper and worth the price, now a days with so many low quality or unknown fighters in the ufc, why should we have to see them on a ppv? I cant name but maybe 12 ufc fighters off the top of my head, the proper way would be to put all the no names on ufc cards on free tv fox-fx ect.. and have only the well knowns elite or veterans on the ppvs. Maybe a new guy once in a while from another league is on a high level as well but to me nowadays its like generic fighter A vs generic fighter B, I have no interest in these guys 1) most of them are boring as hell,its a sport but its also entertainment. 2) The low class attitudes of most of them these days, What happened to the class honor and respect that we had and loved in PRIDE. 3) TRash talk= lame once in a while sure but every fighter on here now a days has some bullshit to say about thier opponent, even the generic fighter talking shit, news flash nobody but zombies give a fuck. If there is Legit beef then thats cool but this fabricated zuffa hype machine makes me sick. Legit beef for example WAnd- rampage in PRide that was entertaining and great. These so called beefs in ufc for the most part come off as a story line a shity one at that.
4) stop nickel and diming customers you sorry bastards 5) STop downing other fighters who fight outside of zuffa, all you do is hurt thier stock if they ever do come to the ufc. 6) have some humility, PRIDE was very greatful to thier fans as is M-1, ksw and even the old STRIKEFORCE ,but not zuffa, zuffas just gives it to them up the ass with no lube.
Other option drop ppv all together.
Fairweather

It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve Empty Re: It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:34 pm
that's from 3 events put together? It needs to be said: The UFC has to “fail” in order to improve 3077217049
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum