GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones

+7
bolsheet
RussianTopTeam
Dagwood
CDF47
KSW
PRIDE NEVER DIE
doubledx2c
11 posters
Go down
doubledx2c

Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones Empty Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:16 am
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/24/3264645/jones-vs-belfort-to-headline-ufc-152-after-lyoto-machida-turns-down

Jon Jones will not be facing Lyoto Machida at UFC 152 after all.

Instead, Vitor Belfort will fight Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title on Sept. 22 in Toronto. UFC president Dana White confirmed the change with MMAFighting.com late Thursday night.

According to White, Machida turned down the title shot on Thursday. At some point during the day, Belfort volunteered to fight Jones on one month's notice, and after Machida decided he wanted more time before he fought Jones again, Belfort was granted the title shot by the promotion.

How crazy has MMA news been recently? Admiteddly Belfort is more worthy than Machida at the moment, although it's shocking that they've resorted to grabbing contenders from the divison below.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones Empty Re: Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 am
fuck jones, sonnen ducking ass//
KSW
KSW

Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones Empty Re: Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 am
Glover Teixeira should get the titleshot. Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones 4105382097
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:50 am
Vitor is much more interesting fight then Machida. We just saw Jones choke Machida out unconscious with relative ease. I do not care to see that fight.

Vitor is a decent replacement. He has speed and solid boxing on his side. I think Jones takes him out in the 1st or 2nd but still a fight I would rather see over Machida again.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:Glover Teixeira should get the titleshot. Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones 4105382097

Yeah, if he beats Page in impressive fashion he will be up there. Could be a good future threat for Jones.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 am
Vitor is looking in great shape. He's jacked like old Vitor. Looks to me like he's gonna have to cut some amount to make 205. He's got no fat so it'll be water weight. That's good for him. There shouldn't much if any of a strength advantage for JJ.

I like this fight. Vitor is 10 times the striker JJ is and he'll have no fear of slipping through JJ's reach advantage to engage in close. JJ will have problems with Vitor's speed, power standing & aggression. Striking-wise this is just what the doctor ordered for the JJ puzzle. If there's always a chance of getting caught by a one punch KO from any old opponent... the risk is 10X+++ that for Vitor. Vitor doesn't even have to land a clean shot to KO anybody.

I think Jackson will tell JJ to avoid standing with Vitor at all cost. JJ's game plan will be to take Vitor down, hold him there and try to GnP or wet blanket for the point win worst case scenario. Vitor's good off his back but Jones length is hard to deal with on the ground. Vitor's gotta use his speed advantage & athleticism advantage (IMO) to shutdown JJ's TD's.

Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones 20120822020604_IMG_7736

Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones 20120822020604_IMG_7737
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:03 pm
Vitor is gonna get murdered in the 1st round, enough with the BS already, move Bones to HW. Nobody wants to watch this fight
bolsheet

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:17 pm
Hope Belfort lose very bad, he is the biggest douchbag on the business, call ufc a sport and claim a zuffa monopoly for organize the sport, very arrogant fighter and talks like he is humble (super fake) and is asking for ufc executive job for 2 years on the media. Jones will lose down the line but not at this time.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 pm
bolsheet wrote:Hope Belfort lose very bad, he is the biggest douchbag on the business, call ufc a sport and claim a zuffa monopoly for organize the sport, very arrogant fighter and talks like he is humble (super fake) and is asking for ufc executive job for 2 years on the media. Jones will lose down the line but not at this time.

he even went as far as saying " the sport, UFC is bigger than Soccer"
bolsheet

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 pm
Since Machida and Shogun turn down and Silva would not take this fight i would hope Gustafsson would got this offer even not being the ideal situation and him needing getting more time
wekka
wekka

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 pm
N At least this is a fresh match.
Hendo will get his title shot next and Machida will have to take another fight soon enough, which is exactly how it should work out.

I could also see Sonnen fast tracked to a title shot depending on his result against Forrest.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 pm
I hope Belfort KOs him just for turning down fights.
Adax

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 pm
I wish Mousasi wasn't recovering from surgery. I'd love to see Mousasi brought over to destroy Jones.
doubledx2c

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:34 am
AudaxPowder wrote:I wish Mousasi wasn't recovering from surgery. I'd love to see Mousasi brought over to destroy Jones.

I'm not so sure Showtime would just let him walk off to the UFC
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:13 am
heres to hopeing Belfort Ko's jon chicken jones Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones 469908358
monaroCountry

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 am
And UFC expects us to believe that its the best fighting the best? A guy on 21-9 versus a guy who picks and chooses fighters and ducks those dangerous to him?
Adax

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:Vitor is gonna get murdered in the 1st round, enough with the BS already, move Bones to HW. Nobody wants to watch this fight

Truth. Vitor doesn't have the tools to disassemble Jones the way he'll need to be to finally lose, unfortunately.

doubledx2c wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:I wish Mousasi wasn't recovering from surgery. I'd love to see Mousasi brought over to destroy Jones.

I'm not so sure Showtime would just let him walk off to the UFC

Well he's hurt anyways so your point is as realistically applicable as my imaginings of Mousasi destroying Jones. What a Face I'm just saying it's a fun fight to think of.. in fact, it's probably more fun to think of than Vitor vs. Jones will be to watch Laughing
bolsheet

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:39 am
monaroCountry wrote:And UFC expects us to believe that its the best fighting the best? A guy on 21-9 versus a guy who picks and chooses fighters and ducks those dangerous to him?

21-9 guy who fought Randy Couture (3x), Wanderlei Silva, Kazushi Sakuraba, Gilbert Yvel, Heath Herring, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Alistair Overeem (2x), Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Yoshihiro Akiyama. I hate this match-up and jones will destroy him easily (i hope this happen and jones lose latter to hendo/gustafsson) but if you analise a mma fighter only by the W/L maybe that show why you nominate me a zuffa lawyer w/ i never saying anything bad about you
monaroCountry

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:13 am
bolsheet wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:And UFC expects us to believe that its the best fighting the best? A guy on 21-9 versus a guy who picks and chooses fighters and ducks those dangerous to him?

21-9 guy who fought Randy Couture (3x), Wanderlei Silva, Kazushi Sakuraba, Gilbert Yvel, Heath Herring, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Alistair Overeem (2x), Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Yoshihiro Akiyama. I hate this match-up and jones will destroy him easily (i hope this happen and jones lose latter to hendo/gustafsson) but if you analise a mma fighter only by the W/L maybe that show why you nominate me a zuffa lawyer w/ i never saying anything bad about you

And pretty much lost to them. Whats your point again?

Truth is that the UFC is making this fight out to be some sort of the best of the best. If this was outside the UFC, no one would be talking about it.

I think there are many fighters outside the UFC who would beat JJ's striking and game. Too bad UFC seems to keep bringing out the same uninteresting fighters over and over.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 am
monaroCountry wrote:
bolsheet wrote:

And pretty much lost to them. Whats your point again?

Truth is that the UFC is making this fight out to be some sort of the best of the best. If this was outside the UFC, no one would be talking about it.

I think there are many fighters outside the UFC who would beat JJ's striking and game. Too bad UFC seems to keep bringing out the same uninteresting fighters over and over.
No way brother!!!! Your crazys, you best start getting inline and bowing down to the Zuffa hype machine!!!!!! For it tells the truth!!!!!!! Jon "chicken" jones is a god amongst men!!!!!!!!! And every ufc fighter no matter how no name they are is top 10 in the world EZ just bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!! Its not mma its ultimate fighting!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fuck zuffa/ Breaking news: Vitor Belfort now set to fight Jones 3973136183
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum