GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort Fight Video UFC 152 Empty Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort Fight Video UFC 152

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 am

Last edited by PRIDE FC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:44 am; edited 6 times in total
KSW
KSW

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort Fight Video UFC 152 Empty Re: Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort Fight Video UFC 152

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am
Jones is new breed
MR.WILLIE

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort Fight Video UFC 152 Empty Re: Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort Fight Video UFC 152

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm
jones is a monster but vitor had no bussiness fighting for the title...
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:32 pm
^That is true. Vitor hadn't even earned a title shot at MW, much less LHW. He did pretty well though.
KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:17 am
I thought it was an entertaining matchup. If Vitor wasn´t hurt he could have caught Jones. I wish they didn´t use the disgusting elbows on the ground.
Heretic
Heretic

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 am
the arm bar by vitor was nasty
ZuffaKiller

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 am
Belfort: I felt his arm snap, and then I let the pressure off

The armbar applied by Vitor Belfort at Jon Jones in the first round, it was a chance to unseat the dreaded Brazilian champion in the early hours of Sunday, at UFC 152 in Toronto, Canada. However, he felt a pop in arm rival, Belfort opted to relieve American. A "teaspoon" was costly to the Brazilian, who missed the opportunity of finishing and ended up losing the fight. After the event, Belfort tried to justify himself at the press conference.

- I've always had great respect for Jon Jones and know he is a great champion. When I felt his arm snap, decrease the pressure, and he got out. Simple as that. During the struggle, he managed to work well elbows, and I never feared. But he was very good in the fight - said.

Despite the frustration at not being able to apply the coup, Vitor said that what was crucial to its defeat were the blows received in the rib. With this part of the body injured, the Brazilian had to turn around to defend themselves from attacks by Jones.

- I was afraid of the pain in the rib. When he managed to hit my rib, things complicated. He fights very well and managed to fight pain (arm) - remembered.

Even in defeat, Belfort believes UFC 152 came out stronger. He used the interview to thank the affection received from the public.

- I think the fans showed their love for me when I accepted this fight and my story. I tried when I had the opportunity and thought I could win. Only he fought very well and better than I - admitted.

About the future of the light heavyweight category, Vitor believes there may still be a new champion, and show up ready for a new challenge.

- You can defeat him, we just need to find a way. Whenever you need me, I'll be here. I'm old-school, do not pick fights - ended.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/09/belfort-elogia-jones-mas-diz-que-aliviou-ao-ver-o-braco-do-rival-estalar.html
Adax

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:52 am
Vitor's age has taken away some of his killer instinct or something, I was hoping he'd break and rip the arm off but, the fuck? Why loosen your hold just because you heard pops? Let me get this straight, Vitor, you'll blast fighters in the back of the head all day but you get generous if you hear some joint popping? Way to let a gift title shot slip through your grasp! *sigh*
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 am
Heretic wrote:the arm bar by vitor was nasty

Yeah it was. Jones kimura was textbook. Pretty good for a non-submission wrestler.
KSW
KSW

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 am
Dagwood wrote:
Heretic wrote:the arm bar by vitor was nasty

Yeah it was. Jones kimura was textbook. Pretty good for a non-submission wrestler.
I´m impressed by Jones submission game and it will only get better. Jones is the type of athlete who usually goes to a mainstream sport but I think we will see more of his breed in mma in the future.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum