GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
monaroCountry

Some new forum members to keep an eye on Empty Some new forum members to keep an eye on

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 am
Hi all, Ive noticed that we have some new forum members. This is good, the more the better.

I do have reservations with some members, who may have a very different mindset and may be just hinder Global-MMA. IMO this was what happened to the old TeamTakeOver forum where the forumers switched to promoting Global to just promoting UFC. This IMO was one reason why that forum died and was one reason why I left there.

In saying that, do you guys have any idea of our new forumer Jose Cansayflows? I would suggest we keep a close eye on this one.

Please tell me if im out of line here.
ZuffaKiller

Some new forum members to keep an eye on Empty Re: Some new forum members to keep an eye on

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 am
has this specific poster said anything questionable or slightly pro zuffa?

put up some post or links to his post.

one poster I do believe needs to be watched like a hawk is doubledx2c some of his post to me seem like he is a zuffa dickrider on the dl
ZuffaKiller

Some new forum members to keep an eye on Empty Re: Some new forum members to keep an eye on

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:43 am
Okay I saw the post where he claims Anderson would own Fedor. should I send this guy a warning for trolling or let Dagwood deal with him?
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 am
We can´t warn someone for thinking Anderson is better than Fedor. That´s just his opinion.

Monaro don´t worry, the zombies will never have any success here at g-mma. So far I don´t mind doubled and Jose cansayflows. We´re nothing like TT. TT was built on trolling and insults and their mods and admins didn´t fight the good fight.

Last edited by Johan Lofgren on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 am
We need to inform the uninformed about why Fedor is the GOAT and why they need to support Global MMA.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:57 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:We can´t warn someone for thinking Anderson is better than Fedor. That´s just his opinion.

Agree 100%. This is not a religion, if he has a different opinion is ok, he was not annoying people with it or in other posts. SandmanFC also said the same thing about Anderson and he's not trolling too.

With time, more posters will come and different opinions will emerge, and if they're wrong just prove them wrong. Banning for having a different opinion is too much Sherdog style, not ours.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm
Wolfman wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:We can´t warn someone for thinking Anderson is better than Fedor. That´s just his opinion.

Agree 100%. This is not a religion, if he has a different opinion is ok, he was not annoying people with it or in other posts. SandmanFC also said the same thing about Anderson and he's not trolling too.

With time, more posters will come and different opinions will emerge, and if they're wrong just prove them wrong. Banning for having a different opinion is too much Sherdog style, not ours.

I essentially agree, but I will say that I personally find his postings mostly incredibly annoying. He just repeats the same nonsense in the cheeky sort of way that is so familiar on forums like sherdog. This kind of posting just makes me roll my eyes and be in no mood to respond.
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:31 pm
You´re rigth about Jose cansayflows, he seems to be stupid. I´m pretty sure he´s Forrest aka shogunaboveallelse. I gave him a warning and if he continues to talk shit about Fedor he´ll be cut from our roster.
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Wolfman wrote:SandmanFC also said the same thing about Anderson and he's not trolling too.
Sandman was ironic when he said Anderson is better, he didn´t mean it.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Wolfman wrote:SandmanFC also said the same thing about Anderson and he's not trolling too.
Sandman was ironic when he said Anderson is better, he didn´t mean it.

Laughing Oh ok, i missed that one.

nodogoshi wrote:

I essentially agree, but I will say that I personally find his postings mostly incredibly annoying. He just repeats the same nonsense in the cheeky sort of way that is so familiar on forums like sherdog. This kind of posting just makes me roll my eyes and be in no mood to respond.

That's true, he might be a little dumb but i don't see how it is trolling yet, or why we should warn him for being pro Anderson. IMO we should just prove them wrong or ignore them for now. Let's see, but i'm not worried like this was an invasion yet.
ZuffaKiller

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:52 pm
If this jose guy is zuffaabove all else he should be banned. it make no sense for this retard to keep coming in here under different usernames we at G-mma don't have time for that crap. This is a serious mma forum not like team fakeover or shitdog. I do find his post ridiculous how could any real mma fan say the dumbest shit he says.
monaroCountry

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:We need to inform the uninformed about why Fedor is the GOAT and why they need to support Global MMA.

Agree +1
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 am
90%++++ of UFC fans would not want to be in our non-UFC only/centric MMA fan community. 90% of the remainder left who are global MMA fans may have issues with the site's opposition to Zuffa as a business along with its ownership. We are not for every one.

People that join here who are unaware of what the site is about MMA-politically... and who might be very supportive of Zuffa will be taken back by the highly defensive backlash to Zuffa/Dana/Lorenzo-fed opinions and disinformation. That is unfortunate. In reality this place is the bizarro-wolrd upside down Sherdog/UG/etc. People just have to understand that it may not be for them if they have the opposite MMA political views as what G-MMA was founded on.

I will handle any issues with new members who are being very derisive and or trolling the standard ultra-UFC/Zuffa/Dana stuff here. There will be no Sherdog-type indiscriminate banning for a certain unpopular post or anything. We wan't discussion and debate here. However, most here are very aligned MMA-politically and in their opinions of fights, fighters & orgs. That's how we all found each other. This should never be a circle jerk for the sake of not risking pissing anybody off. But... it needs to remain a safe-haven from the plague of zombieism. Simple as that.

Independent & informed views on certain issues in a positive way for Zuffa from members is fine. Expect some serious challenges though just like we all faced at the other sites with our extremely minority opinions. Radical Zuffism that is pervasive everywhere else is not welcomed here at all. I don't mean simple trolling.

Dagwood wrote:Hey Jose!

I haven't had a chance to welcome you to Global-MMA yet. I'm not sure if you were aware of this but G-MMA is not your run of the mill English speaking MMA sight. In fact, aside from that we cover All MMA & ALL MMA orgs, & ALL MMA fighters worldwide. The site is politically opposed to Zuffa the 'business' entity and it's ownership Dana, Lorena Fertitta, and Frank Fertitta lll. Simple as that.

Ideologically it's sort of like in US politics where there are Republican discussion forums and then there are Democrat forums. Two different spectrums of political opinion GENERALLY speaking. One 'some' issues there may be common ground but on most there are substantial differences. Democrats might not feel comfortable on Republican forums... and Republicans might not feel comfortable on Democrat forums. The cool part is that people in the middle of those two may feel comfortable, "for the most part", on either site.

All members at both types of political forum sites need to have extremely THICK SKINS when posting opinions that are opposed politically to the founding ideology of either type of forum site. Even if a forum member sits in the middle on most issues, they need to be aware that they will get a very defensive response to posts that are opposed to the ideology of each forum and to the political ideology of the vaaaaaast majority of the members there.

So with that in mind...

----------

Hey Jose Cansayflows!

This is my normal spiel for new members...

I want to give you a bit of an idea about the place. We follow worldwide MMA, all orgs & all fighters. We are not UFC-centered here. You should never be trolled or bashed for posting about non-UFC things. This is a troll-free zone and we want to keep it that way.

We do follow UFC fighters and their fights here because we luv ALL MMA everywhere it is fought no matter the organization.

Global-MMA was founded to focus on world-wide MMA and to be a bastion of resistance to Zuffa itself, some of the UFC business practices, and the ownership of the UFC. A sort of ground-zero MMA occupy movement that resists a single company and its owner's relentless attempts to control major worldwide professional mixed martial arts. The site was also founded as a safe-haven for members to speak out freely against Zuffa, Dana, Frank, Lorenzo & the UFC business itself if they chose without fear of being attacked and bashed.

The original members of this site have faced a lot of persecution and pretty nasty treatment at the major UFC-centric/UFC-only sites. We are all independent thinking fans of MMA. Not just "UFC" as 90%++ of people that called themselves "MMA fans" are. They're only fans of the UFC promotion and it's brand of MMA. They form their opinions about the sport based on what the UFC, Zuffa management, and a UFC-based media that relies on access to the company to feed their families... tells them. Not a lot of balanced information coming out of that. For sure nothing independent or balanced on the MMA press side of things.

G-MMA is aligned the opposite MMA-socio-politically to Zuffa, the UFC, Frank, Lorenzo & Dana. Not opposite to UFC fighters but to the people that run it and the business of the UFC. Some of us in fact are their biggest critics on the internet.

It is important to note that 'all' of our members aren't as politically opposed to Zuffa as many here. Some are indifferent and some support them on different issues. All posts here are up for debate. Just like when most of us were at other UFC-based sites... support for Dana, the Fertittas or Zuffa on different issues will face strong opinions from the opposite side of the fence. Just like we had to at the UFC-centered sites... those members have to grow a bit of a thick skin. Opposites views will not get name calling or member bashing here though... EVER!

New members just need to understand that many of us here have been conditioned to be very defensive when we feel the Zuffa machine & it's ownership have unfairly attacked or unfairly portrayed non-Zuffa fighters, past Zuffa fighters, current Zuffa fighters, competitor organizations, or any other things.

"On another note - we hope our members will put their country and/or ethnicity (e.g. Iranian-Swiss) in their profile so it shows up under their avatar. We want to show other members & guests the diverse places we're all from. We also want to better understand each member's regional MMA perspective more easily. As well, we can also ask each other for insight into their regional promotions, fighters or even get translation from Portuguese or Russian or Croatian Chinese, or whatever.....

Must reads...

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t134-forum-rules-must-read
https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t706-proof-fertitta-family-is-100-yr-old-mafia-family-not-just-ties

Great to have you here. cheers

Dagwood
Admin

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm
I was just this close to banning him.

But then I decided it isn't up to me.

But he is clearly trolling imo.
Adax

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm
Good discipline nodogoshi, best to let Dag and Johan handle this fellow.

I'd try more to help reeducate this troll but I've got this awesome Lemon OG I've been smoking that just makes me want to absorb info rather than reprogram antithesis leftovers from TT.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 pm
Seriously, I sort have to just say what the fuck.

We are all out here trying to educate this stupid kid, and he's probably out there on a mission to just troll.

Not that I am embarrassed or anything by it, but it seems like a waste of time.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:29 pm
But yeah, I'm sure we'll convert this kid in no time (*sarcasm).

But really where'd this kid come from? I'm guessing he's in here on a mission to just troll. Did the "this place is worse than Linker" comment catch no one's eye?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:33 pm
We have to remember that the TT/KTT (whatever the fuck KTT is) fucks are still out there. That's basically what I'm saying. I think this is one of those jobs.
ZuffaKiller

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:42 pm
I was reading his post and he is trying to place the victim(like a female) now that people call him out on his shit I say we bann him if he continues trolling
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm
This fucking guy man, I swear he's a KTT troll or something.

But you guys that are more stable than me can handle it. It's 8:20am, so way past my bedtime.
ZuffaKiller

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 pm
^^^Yeah he is gotta be trolling it's like he just wants to argue and cause a disturbance on the forum
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm
He talks much like an old member here, some 15 years old justin bieber looka-a-like.

Only a teenager talks like him, i hope he keeps like that until he grows up and someone truly shatters the jaw of this faggot.

Anyway let's just end the Anderson discussion bullshit and move on, see what this guy does.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum