GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Bellator makes final offer to Alvarez, waiting on his decision... Empty Bellator makes final offer to Alvarez, waiting on his decision...

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:26 pm
"My read on [Eddie Alvarez] is that he's approached these talks professionally and totally in good faith. He's made the effort to come sit and talk to us. He's followed up and asked a lot of questions as far as what we can do for him, the exposure we can provide and what other doors we can open. He's been very engaged. Ed's been rock-solid for us for years, and if he wants to see what they (the UFC) are going to offer, I'm going to let him see. It's an interesting spot. We've talked about the dynamics for months about him staying or leaving. We don't make decisions based off emotions. We do our analysis and try to determine if it fits in our model. Eddie can say, 'I'm going to go see what they offer,' and if he does, there's no reason to dance. If he wants to look at what they're offering -- and I don't think that's unreasonable, by the way -- I'll open the door sooner than we're required. I'm not saying we won't come to an agreement, but even though we're having some good talks, that's what it might come down to." -Bjorn Rebney via MMAFighting.com

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney revealed today that they have made a final offer to their former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez who is currently in contract negotiations with the organization. According to Rebney, in 3-4 days, he will be announcing if Alvarez will be staying with the promotion moving forward, or he will be leaving Bellator.

Recently, Alvarez's (24-3), manager revealed that the fighter wants to get back into the cage as soon as possible, but is not going to rush into another deal, and will consider all incoming offers. At the same time Bellator, has no interest in extending negotiations, as they are preparing for their much anticipated debut on Spike TV in 2013.

Just months ago Bellator lost their former reigning middleweight champion Hector Lombard to the UFC after his contract expired with Bellator. Rebney revealed that the UFC offered Lombard a $400,000 signing bonus, a $300,000 starting purse per fight, plus pay-per-view participation points. In addition, in Lombard's debut fight in the UFC, he was sponsored by the UFC.

In all, it was too much for Bellator to match, and with UFC president Dana White showing similar interest in Alvarez, the former lightweight champion might not be with the organization much longer.

Alvarez who joined Bellator in 2009, became the organizations first lightweight champion contract expired following his impressive highlight-reel head kick knockout victory over Patricky Freire at Bellator 76.

He was later defeated by current champ Michael Chandler via forth-round rear naked choke in the at Bellator 58 in a "Fight of the Year" candidate.

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Bellator-makes-final-offer-to-Alvarez,-waiting-on-his-decision.html
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Bellator makes final offer to Alvarez, waiting on his decision... Empty Re: Bellator makes final offer to Alvarez, waiting on his decision...

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Hope he stays...

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum